Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Opinion on cigars.

FlitterFlutter

They make Fat Italian Pimps look good, but certainly not me. :P

I've already been convinced to the brim not to smoke, even by my parents whom smoke cigarettes multiple times a day.

Their not exactly setting a good example, but as long as people don't do it around me, i won't complain.

Fun fact, you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke. This is especially true for premium cigars. Any serious cigar aficionado will tell you this, my father being one of them. You draw and hold the smoke in your mouth to absorb the flavors of the cigar before puffing the smoke back out through your mouth, not your nose. Inhaling the cigar smoke into your lungs serves no real purpose.

That said, I do not smoke cigarettes nor do I smoke cigars regularly. If the occasion is appropriate I may enjoy a cigar or two along with a nice glass of wine, but I do not smoke cigars as a hobby like my father does.

• Brohoof 1

Really? I thought it was like smoking several cigarettes at once.

I am not going to say it is safer, but you dont inhale so I guess I would assume. 

Fun fact, you're not supposed to inhale cigar smoke. This is especially true for premium cigars. Any serious cigar aficionado will tell you this, my father being one of them. You draw and hold the smoke in your mouth to absorb the flavors of the cigar before puffing the smoke back out through your mouth, not your nose. Inhaling the cigar smoke into your lungs serves no real purpose.

Exactly like this guy/gal said/

• Brohoof 1

I've been over 18 for only two years, but I still haven't taken up smoking cigarets or cigars (don't really plan too). However, I always had a fascination with smoking a Pipe. I don't know why. 

but any cigar money I may have had now goes to comics
Do you buy DC Comics or Marvel Comics?  

Nope, I have watched way too many family members die from smoking induced lung cancer to ever have any desire to try either cigarettes or cigars. Plus I am an asthmatic and am extremely sensitive to cigarette/cigar smoke so if I tried to smoke I probably wouldn't enjoy it anyway.

Nope, never had one and never will. Smoking is just terrible for you.

Hear hear! :3

Well I'm a Mormon, so on principle I will never smoke. But if I wasn't a Mormon I still wouldn't smoke. I don't really understand why something that can give you a chronic cough, make you and your car and your house smell like smoke (which is SUCH a permeating smell, I know because my mom bought a fortunately cheap car that smelled so badly that nothing could get it out :/) and give you lung cancer is so glorified. I mean, I can understand why people would smoke like a few times or so

in moderation

Absolutely :)

But those people that smoke multiple times a day, so much that they literally can't live without it :/

I also read Popular Science magazine and there are tons of cigarette ads in there about things like Taking back your freedom!!  :confused: What, do they automatically assume that the majority of people reading that magazine are male or something? XD Also to be nitpicky, most of the ads look like they never left the 80's, they're poorly designed for the age of appealing shiny logos  :derp: XD

• Brohoof 1

I find the smell too unappealing to indulge.  Though I used to say that about coffee until I started drinking it.  Trying to stay away from cigarettes and the like as much as I can.

Edited by Anishna

I get a real cuban and smoke it at New Year's Eve. It's been a tradition me and my friend have had for a while now.

They really are nothing like cigarettes at all, and you shouldn't inhale them like a cigarette.

The smell and taste of a fresh cigar is very good, and I'd recommend people try it.

Again, it's nothing like cigarettes, even I don't like those.

Personally I'm against cigars as they are unhealthy and slowly kill. But if people want to smoke, people can smoke. Who am I to judge them for doing something that they want to do for themselves.