Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Making an MLP forums comic!

10InTheTardis

Hey everyone! I'm making a comic about MLP forums and I wanted some people to be in it! you can ask about being in it here, and I'll also ask a few people I want to be in it if they will. you'll all be represented by your avatar unless you say you want something else. not much more to say, I suppose.

• Brohoof 2

Sounds like fun. Maybe you can also include me in it, if you can place me somewhere.

BTW, what is it about?

Edited by Hypnosparkle

not much more to say, I suppose.

I'd love to get more details on what exactly you have planned for the short (or long) story and all. :) Sounds pretty awesome though, I'm in.

Wow, more replies than I thought. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what it'll be about, I usually only have that figured out as I'm making it. and as for who can be in it, you all probably can, but I'm also not sure yet. (aren't I just so helpful?) and I warn all of you, I suck at drawing and all I have is a pencil, an eraser, and some looseleaf paper (hey, that rhymed.)

I'd love to get more details on what exactly you have planned for the short (or long) story and all. :) Sounds pretty awesome though, I'm in.

about the short/long story, I probably won't make it too long, but I might continue it.

Wow, more replies than I thought. Anyway, I'm not quite sure what it'll be about, I usually only have that figured out as I'm making it. and as for who can be in it, you all probably can, but I'm also not sure yet. (aren't I just so helpful?) and I warn all of you, I suck at drawing and all I have is a pencil, an eraser, and some looseleaf paper (hey, that rhymed.)

Hey, no problamo. You shouldn't debase something posted online that wasn't initially made on digitally. Your art will be wonderful regardless. (Even if you think it's terrible- believe me, pretty much every artist feels this way at some point in time) Hard work pays off.

okay, I've decided to let you guys help decide the format of the comic, feel free to suggest anything! right now I'm deciding between a school-y type thing (don't worry, you don't have to work), a place where people hang out, and anything else I can think of. if anyone wants to decide wha they do and all, feel free to do that with me over a PM.

Can I be in? Sounds like fun!

Question! What will you do for people with almost the same pic??

I'll ask for something else to represent them, like an oc or something.

If you've got room for a lizard cameo then sign me up!

I love putting cameos in comics! a lizard one sounds funny, what if, if I do continue this comic, they later find the lizard and give it a name or something, and then it returns to its cameo-ing ways. 

• Brohoof 1

okay, I've decided to let you guys help decide the format of the comic, feel free to suggest anything! right now I'm deciding between a school-y type thing (don't worry, you don't have to work), a place where people hang out, and anything else I can think of. if anyone wants to decide wha they do and all, feel free to do that with me over a PM.

I'll ask for something else to represent them, like an oc or something.

I love putting cameos in comics! a lizard one sounds funny, what if, if I do continue this comic, they later find the lizard and give it a name or something, and then it returns to its cameo-ing ways.

Sounds good. Make it a main character for all I care. I just want to be famous. Also I expect 15% of the profits ;)

JK ofc :P

Question, will the users featured in this communicate with each other? just wondering how going about 'naming' someone would go, like would it be the user name unless it's an OC with a different name?

Edited by Mothra

@@10InTheTardis

How bout a talk show sort of theme? Where your OC interviews members of the forums and what got them so interested in joining, which topics do they like participating in, etc. 

I hadn't thought of that, good idea! another way I might do it is like "docs in a box", I'm not sure if anyone here has heard about it, but it's basicaly a bunch of doctor whooves blogs trapped in the same tardis (such as clockwork senpai) except, people wont be able to interact with the comic (maybe) and we all won't hate eachother.(hopefully)

Sounds good. Make it a main character for all I care. I just want to be famous. Also I expect 15% of the profits ;)

JK ofc :P

I think I might make the lizard start off as a cameo, but then become a reccouring character, if you have ever read homestuck, it would kind of be like the mayor of cantown. 

Question, will the users featured in this communicate with each other? just wondering how going about 'naming' someone would go, like would it be the user name unless it's an OC with a different name?

They would all go by their usernames, even their OC's, basically they would just look like them because that's what's representing them.

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I think I'm almost ready to start the comic.

• Brohoof 1

This seems like it could be amusing.  Don't mind me, I'm mostly just posting so that it shows up in the 'Topics I've participated in' section on the front page.  (I'd follow it, but getting notifications every time someone posts can get irritating.)  If you want to add me in, go ahead (though it seems like you already have plenty of volunteers  :P ).

Alright, I'm going to start it now, I'm going to go for a combination of the previously mentioned "docs in a box" type thing and a "school without the school" type thing. I'm also using different topics as different places in the comic.

the people who I am certain are going to be in it are, RainbowDash72, Thor, Mothra, Hypno, Incognito, felix, antismurf, Lizard, and my buddy Burning Snow who I talked to over a message. anyone else who posted here could be in it, but I'm not sure yet.

if anyone wants to decide what they do in it, please PM me! it's optional, but I'd really rather you do so that everyone acts like themselves and not generic character number 6.

also, if anyone wants to be represented by something other than their avatar, speak now, or forever hold your ponies. also, felix and rainbow will have to fight to the death over who gets to be rainbow dash.

Oh! and one more thing! I really recommend that you tell me some sort of accessory/outfit you want yourself to wear in the comic, and it has to be something the character doesn't wear to make it easier to tell the difference between the 2. You will all also have some sort of accessory that says your rank, I will have a cupcake watch, anyone have any specific ideas for theirs, or should I just decide whatever?

Edited by 10InTheTardis