Shower person or bath person?

iDashingRainbow

Which?  

101 users have voted

1. 1. Shower or Bath?

• Bath
    • Shower

(edited)

I normally take a bath because the shower in my home is kinda awkward to use, but, I prefer having a shower for how quick it is. Plus, it's probably a fair bit more affordable than sticking with baths, and... I always get a bit worried getting into the bath and getting out again, thinking about slipping in the bathtub and getting hurt in it somehow...  -_-

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1

I used to take baths a lot.  Then I started taking showers more often.

I prefer showers over baths now because I kinda have some neck and back problems, and being able to turn around and let the hot water relax the tension in my shoulder and neck muscles really helps.  :bedeyes:

~ Miles

I prefer showers because they're faster and allow a better cleanup.

But,if I know i have time,i won't decline a bath every now and then,although it's rare for me to take baths over showers.

I haven't taken a bath in a long time, but it's nice if I feel like relaxing with my thoughts for a while.

But even before I take a bath, I always take a shower to clean myself...

I think you should've added a both option.

I like both. Showers are for mornings of course. But sometimes when I'm really sore, I take a warm bath and I like to fall asleep so that the heat can relax my muscles. Your body will absorb the heat, soothing your muscles. Stretch and it feels really nice. Very relaxing.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I prefer showers. They wake me up in the mornings. Baths are nice too, though.

Edited by Mavis

Showers are quicker, use less water, and you can actually get rid of all the stuff you're trying to get rid of rather than stewing in it. However, there's sometimes nothing quite like stretching out and soaking... 

I suggest a quick shower to get rid of the dirt, and then a long soak in the bath... uses more water, but you get the best of both worlds.

(edited)

I usually shower because for me getting clean is a chore to be done and not a moment of relaxation. I shower as quickly as possible and get on with my day. Only rarely do I look forward to showers, usually on very hot days or after a tournament.

Baths...can be fun, in the right circumstances.

Edited by KatonRyu

Definitely shower. I hate baths, sitting in your own filth. Eughh.

Showers for me. I can't stand drowning in my own filth with baths.

I prefer to take showers.

Baths gross me out...  :eww:

Shower please.

I don't like the idea of bathing in my own filth.

....y'all do realize you can take the stopper out of the tub and then refill it with hot, clean water? I know it's wasteful but it's probably not any worse than taking an hour-long shower. ^-^ Unless you're using a super-expensive bath bomb or something, I wouldn't sweat letting some water out and refilling it with more. 

But I still stand by that it's too difficult to wash your hair in a tub. Awkward neck angles, yegchh. 

(edited)

Average shower flow rate: 2-2.5 gal/min * 60 min = 120-150 gal

Average bath capacity (to fill line, not total): 40-50 gal * 2 = 80-100 gal

80/120 = 67%; 100/150 = 67%.

Filling up a bathtub twice uses pobably in the range of two-thirds the water of an hour-long shower. Of course, this is comparing an inefficient shower to a large bath, and an efficient one to a small bath, so it's an average.

Extrapolating, a single bath is equivalent to a 20 minute shower.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

I luv showers, because in a bath you basically sit in your own dirt that's floating in the water (unless you do it J-style). But, in a shower it all just goes straight to the drain. I know I should conserve water and all that, but I'd rather take a light shower instead of sit in a bath any day.

.....But I do agree, baths can be relaxing.....too bad I only have a shower at my house.  :(

I haven't had a bath in so long. Honestly I can't even recall the last bath I took. Showers are much more relaxing for me. My mom always complains that I spend too much time in the shower stealing all the hot water lol.