Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Sketch

Ironbyte

This is nothing fantastic. I wanted to attempt drawing something from my memory, without the use of any references.

Sadly i can never seem to progress and improve to the point where i can draw from memory. Weather i'm trying to learn about going about it wrong way i just don't know.

Anyway with this one like i mentioned above it was an attempt at drawing from my memory and getting out first idea that came to mind.

I tried to practice with shading. I'm not too sure how i  feel about it though. Alot of my mistakes also show with this one. (legs, eyes, etc)

pony_01_by_ironbyte-d8jvpc5.jpg

Anyway here it is. Figured i'd just post it and see what others think.  :blush:

Its no character specifically, its more of an OC i guess...

I'm open to alittle advice also if you want. xD

• Brohoof 3

Drawing from memory tis a hard thing to do lad, but if ye practice, you'll be able to draw anything without help.Aye, ye did a good job and that's all that matters. Ye make an old pirate want to start drawing again, but alas, I be a lazy pirate shark.

• Brohoof 4

While she is a bit stout, it is a good drawing nonetheless

Thanks. Yeah, its far from perfect. I suppose it turned out okay though

Drawing from memory tis a hard thing to do lad, but if ye practice, you'll be able to draw anything without help.Aye, ye did a good job and that's all that matters. Ye make an old pirate want to start drawing again, but alas, I be a lazy pirate shark.

Thanks. :3 Glad you think so.

Yup drawing my memory is just hard. I try practice as much as possible. So many ideas yet i can never get them out!  :derp:

• Brohoof 1

You did good for a newbie! But like Shark Woona, you will be able to draw anything if you keep on practicing!

Thanks! :3 I try to practice as much as possible.

I've actually got like several years maybe abit longer behind me in drawing.

Though there has been alot of on and off times. Mix in my problems (mental ones) that effect my concentration etc.

Just makes learning alot harder, since i can't attend any classes eaither. xD

But yeah, newbie is still a newbie regardless of time aha. Least i'm putting all this free time to good use. x3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Just let your mind wander. You shouldn't focus entirely on something unless you're absolutely sure it's what you want or else you'll miss a chance for something possibly better. Sit down, relax, and listen to music while thinking of mlp and it's likely you'll come up with something brilliant. After that just sketch the drawing from others that might be similar. Once you're comfortable enough take a shot at creating your own personal drawing.

That's how I created my profile picture.

Edited by IcefireInfinite
  • Brohoof 1

Just let your mind wander. You shouldn't focus entirely on something unless you're absolutely sure it's what you want or else you'll miss a chance for something possibly better. Sit down, relax, and listen to music while thinking of mlp and it's likely you'll come up with something brilliant. After that just sketch the drawing from others that might be similar. Once you're comfortable enough take a shot at creating your own personal drawing.

That's how I created my profile picture.

Hmm i see. Thanks for the advice. :3 I'll try to keep that in mind. 

(edited)

Here's some other art I drew: http://icefireinfinite.deviantart.com/art/Img-0162-1-453114554

Think of how you're feeling at the time, it can really impact your drawing.

Think of how you feel inside and for the character.

What you think the character feels also.

Thats pretty cool!  :yay:  I'll try to remember what you mentioned.

Thanks! :3 it means alot.

Well i spent alittle time thinking about what you said IcefireInfinite. So i attempted to draw another one from my memory best as i could.

I spent alittle time thinking on the pose and so on, taking abit more care in the line work and shading.

I don't think it turned out perfect, though i'm alittle more content with this one. I think it turned out better then last?

pony_02_by_ironbyte-d8k65dx.jpg

So what do people think? Better then my last attempt? :P

Edit: i'm actually working on this one more in open canvas. :P see what i can do with it digitally.

Edited by Ironbyte

You're traveling leaps and bounds already. Good job friend.

Thanks! :3 Glad it turned out much better. Hopefully i can keep up the practice.

Your advice really helped! :3

It looks just fine to me. I mean it could use a tiny bit improvement but it's much better than everyone else's I've seen already where I live.

Thanks. :3 Yeah, i'm always looking to improve.

You're improving already. A quick tip though, even when drawing from memory, construction drawing will maintain form an proportion, whether you're emulating the show or creating your own style. Shading is what really brings the drawing to life and makes it pop out. You have the basic idea down, jut remember to pick a light source and consider where the shadows from it will be on the body.

• Brohoof 1

You're improving already. A quick tip though, even when drawing from memory, construction drawing will maintain form an proportion, whether you're emulating the show or creating your own style. Shading is what really brings the drawing to life and makes it pop out. You have the basic idea down, jut remember to pick a light source and consider where the shadows from it will be on the body.

Thanks! :3 Yeah i try to use the basic construction if i can, but things still never turn out perfectly.

Light and shadow on other hand is something i'm really finding hard to get down. :P I guess theres no real way to practice that other then observation and practice. xD

• Brohoof 1