Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you like 5 years ago?

origami

For a lot of people, looking back at the past can be cringeworthy. For me I was an awkward 13 year old obsessed with anime and memes. What were you guys like?

• Brohoof 3

I wore anime shirts, jeans, looked down on girly girls, ate a lot, barely exercised, didn't care for the way I looked, was outgoing, had good grades, and was straight.

Now I dress in skirts, tights, boots, struggle to get anything above a B or C, extremely shy to the point where talking to others is unbearable, barely eat, constantly exercise, always look tired, gay as hell, mindful of appearance but also don't care what others think, and so on. A lot can happen in 5 years.

(edited)

Innocent.... pure....and playing Wizard101 for hours

I try not to remember too much of my childhood.... because all I can remember are my mistakes that slap me really hard in the face to this day....

I was obsessed with black.... black shoes, black jeans, black hoodie.... black shirt....

and if I remember correctly I was trying to find a girlfriend.... which never worked out

I remember I would bring my DS to school and me and my friends would play Pokemon on the bus

and much like now I was a mute.... but I was more shy back then, then I'am now

Edited by Chrome and Snowflake
  • Brohoof 1

Five years ago, I was an aggressive jerk to everyone and the only thing I ever liked was Pokémon. I also used to not care about my appearance, as well as being very ignorant about the world.

Now I try to keep my attitude to myself, as well as trying out new video game/cartoon/etc. franchises. I also now care about how I look, as well as being very paranoid about the future.

• Brohoof 1

Five years ago I forced myself to be a lot more social and go out. It was exhausting!

To be honest, I haven't changed too much. I'm just older and a little more boring now.

Pretty much the same way i am now. Funny, lonely, and angry everyday. Back then, i took everything more seriously, but now, i'm laid back and could care less if somebody said i look like I just came from dumpster diving. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

5 years ago... it was the best period of my life actually (last year of middle school), I used to play video games with my friends and school was still easy.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

Five years ago, I had trouble controlling my emotions and had almost no self-esteem. I was also extremely anti-social.

Now, my emotions aren't hard to control, self-esteem has gotten better, and while I'm still not very social, it's gotten markedly better.

5 years ago... it was the best period of my life actually (last year of middle school), I used to play video games with my friends and school was still easy.

I wish life was still like that.

• Brohoof 1

A quite lonely person who had gotten their heart broken for the first time....and learned that Young love sucks XD

I was seemed to be obsessed to find...my special someone...with my heart broken most of the time.

I would escape the real world on my computer...I would play Gaia Online...watch cartoons and play lots of Garry's mod

Oh and I would be my Tauren on World of Warcraft....

I didn't really discover my real self intill 4 years after this moment in my life :P

A severely obsessive compulsive, paranoid, hermit-like twenty-seven year old who dwelt in a hellhole filled with spiders.  Aside from the spiders (which I of course befriended), I was fairly miserable.  Constant repetitions and rituals, unwanted and intrusive thoughts, occasional depression (I guess it was, Idunno - you can get accustomed to being miserable).  I was newly-thin. xD  I'd lost roughly 80 pounds somewhere in my mid-twenties.  I obviously hadn't met Rainbow.

I'm much happier nowadays.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm hard to say. About that long ago, i was suffering from severe depression most days. Never went outside house at all due to severe anxiety.

I also didn't draw at all, just neglected art completely. Most things were just pointless to me. Not best time in my life.

Nowadays though. I go out from time to time try to challenge myself. (i even attend a weekly brony meetup in my area) I take my drawing more seriously. (since the start of this year)

Where would i be without ponies seriously! :P Such a positive outlook. This is what pretty much jump started my interest in art again.

My depression and anxiety are alot worse though. I usally experience small anxiety attacks while even in my own house now from time to time.

Least i'm alittle more productive, i guess. xD

• Brohoof 1

I was a short-haired 12 year old whose life experience consisted of nothing but playing Sonic and listening to Michael Jackson. I look back on those days and cringe. 

Five years ago I was actually more intelligent and more focused than I am now, though I hugely lacked in social skills  :lol: Also I was really inexperienced in life, and despite focused, very unenlightened.

Man, old me was a weirdo, I just don't understand why 5 year future me thinks I'm weird. I'm perfectly normal.