Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you like 5 years ago?

origami

At 16, I was annoying, narcissistic, and as I was a member of these forums around that time, desperate for love to put it lightly. Thankfully, I've grown as a person; I'm more humble, emotionally stable, and in a happy and (mostly) monogamous relationship. :)

...Although I've developed a very snarky and bluntly honest streak, lol.

• Brohoof 1

Five years ago, well, I was on these forums, so how I was back then is easy to see. My first post in this topic was almost there, just four years ago instead of five.

I think a big difference that could be seen was that five years ago not only was I holding on dearly to getting back to my ex, but I lived for that happening. I lived for her at that point, practically. That sounds really sad (in more than one sense) and I can't say it wasn't. I'm glad those times have passed.

• Brohoof 1

Angsty, belligerent, pseudo-intellectual... overall, I was a troublesome adolescent. :please: I may not have done anything outright heinous, but I would certainly consider myself obnoxious 5 years ago.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't too different five years ago. My phase of being ill-tempered and quick to get into fights was already subsiding even before then, though I will say that it's more recently that I've started rediscovering the importance of standing up for myself and being emotionally independent. 

• Brohoof 2

I was in debatably a worse situation than I am now. I had much less stuff than I do now, and I was still in school. I wish I had done something all those years ago... but you know what they say, there's no use crying over spilled milk. :maud:

• Brohoof 1

Five years ago, I was actually here. 

I was 16 back then. I had just gotten into a relationship with a boy I knew on here. I was also much more cringy back then. Just look at my old posts on my old account, you'll see. I was also EXTREMELY naive. Seriously, I actually liked MAINSTREAM POLITICIANS XD

Edited by ~Dusky~

5 years ago was a really different me. I'm so much more confident and involved then I was before then. I hated sport, school, and music - You wouldn't recognise the old me.

Five years ago, I was still living with my parents as a twenty-something, and dreaded the thought of moving out.  Then I did, and...well, I got over the dread.

I'm still working at the same place I was working at back then, and still working on my weather factory fangame, then and now...it'd go a lot faster if I weren't making a level editor, too.

• Brohoof 1

Just a dummy 18 year old, dealing with mania and occasional psychosis on the daily, with a monitoring for a possible bipolar diagnosis. Been through some ups and downs, including experimenting with certain political extremes, but I think I'm getting better as a person. I'm trying to better myself.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, Bas said:

Now this made me curious which properties you laid off and got instead.

Eh, well... here's the things I kept, I guess?

• I don't smoke. Back when I was 15, I thought smoking was a sin or something, but now I just don't because of medical reasons.
  • I don't drink. Same as the last one, only I'm also underage, so. :P
  • I don't have any tattoos. I'm not against getting one, I just haven't really thought of something worth plastering on my body for all eternity.
  • I don't have a girlfriend. Never have, really. Or any really close friends, for that matter. I'm still socially terrible.

Here's the things I got rid of.

• Being a Christian is probably the biggest one. Not to offend any Christian bronies out there, I'm sure you're all wonderful. I just... I dunno. Never really worked for me, and I was tired of wasting my time.
  • I swear. A lot. Both in real life and online. Part of that has to do with not being Christian, but part of that is also just my pent-up anger and frustration. I like the idea of being able to hurt someone with words. (Does that make me a bad person?)
  • I *hated* gays, transgenders, bisexuals, and what have you. Nowadays, I'm pretty much neutral. I mean, I don't actively seek them out. But I've only really encountered one gay dude (well, one who was openly gay), and he was alright.

2 minutes ago, Meson Bolt said:

Eh, well... here's the things I kept, I guess?

• I don't smoke. Back when I was 15, I thought smoking was a sin or something, but now I just don't because of medical reasons.
  • I don't drink. Same as the last one, only I'm also underage, so. :P
  • I don't have any tattoos. I'm not against getting one, I just haven't really thought of something worth plastering on my body for all eternity.
  • I don't have a girlfriend. Never have, really. Or any really close friends, for that matter. I'm still socially terrible.

Here's the things I got rid of.

• Being a Christian is probably the biggest one. Not to offend any Christian bronies out there, I'm sure you're all wonderful. I just... I dunno. Never really worked for me, and I was tired of wasting my time.
  • I swear. A lot. Both in real life and online. Part of that has to do with not being Christian, but part of that is also just my pent-up anger and frustration. I like the idea of being able to hurt someone with words. (Does that make me a bad person?)
  • I *hated* gays, transgenders, bisexuals, and what have you. Nowadays, I'm pretty much neutral. I mean, I don't actively seek them out. But I've only really encountered one gay dude (well, one who was openly gay), and he was alright.

You quit being Christian? How?

2 minutes ago, Blazelicious said:

You quit being Christian? How?

Just stopped attending church, I guess. Stopped praying, reading the Bible, tithing, doing all the "Christian" stuff. None of that really helped me in any way already, so it was easy to drop. Picked up swearing, opened my mind to the idea of gays and transgenders, listening to Linkin Park. All the "evil" stuff that teens do. :P

5 years ago, I was just about to turn 16. I remember having emotional issues, and they only got worse with time. I wasn't into ponies yet. That wouldn't happen for a few more months. Since then, I have been able to get over more of my emotional issues though, be less stupid, (I think lol), get more religious, and get more social. I do kind of wish I could go back to that time though, before I had to deal with stuff like, you know, taxes, rent. ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...