Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you stay alive for?

Haruhi-chan

I live in the hope to someday make a positive change in the world. While I seriously doubt that I could become President, I want to at least become a leader of something. I want to be important, and dying without accomplishing anything or helping leave an impact on the lives of others would prove to be an ultimate failure.

• Brohoof 1

I stay alive because I must. My mother would probably fall in a severe depression, and a lot less would be done. I do it for her more then myself.

Edited by Retro*Derpy

I live because I know I'm in this world for a reason and that I shouldn't leave it :) . On the other hand, I can't wait for the end to come -_-, but I try to learn as much as I can until this very moment. It's like an amazing opportunity, even if I this world really scares me. :okiedokielokie:

You know, what keeps you going in life regardless of how awful it might be? Is there anything or anyone that can help make you feel better? Do tell!

For myself it is simple.  My faith.  And, no, I'm not going to turn this into a religion debate --I don't believe in a higher power.  My faith is simple:  When you die that's it, so enjoy life for what it is.  Bonus points if you can better yourself or others.

omg... I need to change my answer. I'm not going into detail of the whole story of HOW he became my hero because I've said it over a dozen times now. x_x Anyway, the one person I probably live for the most is Takeru from SuG. You know what? Maybe I will tell the story though. It's easier because it explains everything. I'll just put it under a spoiler.

I'll tell you the story of how it all happened too. Bare in mind that this comes from a post I wrote on Facebook. I'm too lazy to retype it so yeah. it's based on what I THINK really happened at the time. The details of what happened might be a little off due to my poor memory though, but it's pretty much what I feel occurred.

So, I remember these fake j-rockers being part of some festival thing or whatever. They were going on about how cocky and rude Takeru was. He did some stupid prank or something that pissed off Tora and Saga. That's when I started hating Takeru (mind you I'm telling the way I remember so it will make them sound real). Later, I think about late 2011, they had gotten Takeru to come on Facebook (or sitemodel whatever lol). I got pissed off because I told them I hated him and didn't want anything to do with him. It made me so mad. Well, they had said that he actually wasn't really that bad. So, I gave him a chance. I think... I talked to the fake Takeru. I realized they were right about him not being that bad a person. So, that's when I asked him to be my big brother, and he agreed to it.

Later, I was forced out of the group. I never had a chance to say goodbye to that fake. Well, skip the two or three year hiatus I had after what they did to me. I started crushing on the real Takeru. At the time, I only knew little about him. It wasn't long until I got curious and decided to look up facts about him. I discovered something about him that would change my life towards him forever and ever. Takeru has depersonalization disorder, arrhythmia and panic attacks. However, this guy is strong as ****. He's so good at hiding it that you wouldn't even know he has these things. Well, me, I have very severe anxiety. I felt that if he can overcome those sorts of things, then I should be able to overcome having such horrible anxiety.

That's when he became my hero. I look up to him because he's absolutely amazing. Like omg. This guy is the vocalist for a very popular visual kei band called SuG. He's also been an actor when he was about 22 years old as well. He owns his own clothing line too and can even play bass & guitar too. This guy is my hero because despite all he's been through in life, he always remains so strong and brave through it all. I feel like if I had never met that fake that I never would have learned to appreciate and adore the real Takeru. I never thought I'd go from completely despising his cocky attitude to actually adoring him as a hero in the future. Words cannot begin to express just how much Takeru really means to me.

He confessed to having those conditions in his old blog. However, said old blog has been deleted. I don't know what he said about them, and it drives me nuts.

Well I live because of friends and the little bit of my big family that I actually give a crap about. Mostly friends though. The thing is, I've been through allot. I tend isolate myself allot, I like to be alone allot. Though I am getting better with being around people, I use to be pretty anti-social when I was at my old house in Millstadt. I didn't really speak or go out much and I was on my laptop allot when I wasn't doing homework. I did visit friends sometimes but it was kinda more because my parents made me do it. I did socailize with some people I knew at highschool but those people were few and far between. When I would go into my own little world and isolate myself, I did entertain myself but later on my mind would slip into darker thoughts like killing myself or my step-mother. I never acted on either my suicidal thought nor my homicidal one, but sometimes I wonder if staying alive was worth it. No one would of cared... No one would of cried sincerely... They just would move on. In truth to this day, I still have my moments. Just not as often as I use to.

I'm not one who is emo. I'm not one who cuts himself. I've absorbed allot of pain and now my body wants to dish it out. My body, soul, and mind crave retribution. Retribution for all those who have ever caused me pain, those who would bring me down, all those who would make me crawl inward and hide.

I know no one asked for my life story, but this something that I wanted to let out. If you did read it through, I thank you for at least giving me the time of day. I'd understand if you didn't bother reading my wall of text.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade
  • Brohoof 1

I just think of all the cool things I'd miss out on. Advanced cybernetics and technology, space travel, etc. Things I really want to see and do.

Edited by Unikitty

One thing is that committing suicide is one of the most selfish thing you could ever do; your own suffering ends but your friends and family will be deeply affected.

Also if I were to hit a low point in life, I would at least still be interested in how world would evolve as my life passes (politics, technology, etc.).

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

Ponies.

Jk (kinda).

Responses will always vary depending on whether you're religious or not.

RELIGIOUS VIEWS INCOMING - DON'T READ FURTHER IF YOU'RE INTOLERANT OF OTHER VIEWPOINT

Put simply, I feel like we get a sense of purpose and joy when we spend our lives doing things we think would make God feel happy. Not like, going out and feeding the homeless (which is honorable) but an overall lifestyle. Like, taking care of the planet he created, being loving to our fellowman, making choices which are morally upright, studying the bible, and doing what he's commanded for us to do.

VIEWS END

It's like playing an RPG/MMORPG. Without quests/an end direction you want to go in, it gets stale and empty quickly. Filling your life with purpose give it.... well, purpose. That's just what i've learned along the ways of life though.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I stay alive simply to enjoy what life brings me. Life is short, so my outlook is to live it to its fullest and just enjoy the ride.

Edited by Cash_In