Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever wanted to contribute something to the fandom?

Shadowking58

(edited)

Have you ever wanted to contribute something to the fandom, but you're finding it hard to dedicate yourself to something. Like artwork, voice acting, or animation?

I mostly find myself going into Source Filmmaker expecting to practice animation in the program. But in the end all that really comes out is a Still picture.

I also checked out voice acting and artwork. But I feel like I'm throwing stuff at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really have the skills for those but I do like to write and I do like it when others read my fan fictions. I find it hard to get attention for my writing which does strain my contribution overall but at least, I try.

I like writing, so my intention is to write fics and contribute to the fandom in that way. I'm currently in the process of writing one but I don't really have much time to do it.

(edited)

I'm writing, but i'm a slow learner. But i'll get better as i go and hopefully make a good fic. My fics aim towards Dark and SoL themes.

Edited by Candy Star

yes I have several goals....

-I wish to contribute with my writing skills and write very inspirational and sad stories along side my sister

-I wish to contribute with my comedy and gaming skills by being a popular YouTuber.... I have a good start but it will take awhile

-and to contribute with my artistic skills.... well not really its more of a hobby

-I'm also a good voice actor and actor

I do, but I have no relevant skills. I can't draw, my voice is not ideal for voice acting and I don't even play an instrument or sing. At best I could maybe write fanfic, but I don't know how my writing would stack up with everything else that's out there.

I've sat down to make my own analysis videos more times than I have brushed my teeth. If I actually could do anything with those times I've sat down, I'd have been in business since season 2. 

I don't think of it as contributing to the fandom.  When I make a video, write something, draw something, or sing something pony-related, it's often for Rainbow Dash.  And I also do these things because I'm inspired to / want to; I get something worthwhile out of it.  I'm not doing it for the fandom.

I draw even though it's not that good. I also make PMVs, write, review OCs, create signatures, make GIFs, screencap the entire show, and some other things here and there, it's not for the fandom, I just find it fun.

My dream job is to voice act but I don't know if a simple gaming headset could get me far here. I am working on my artistic skills so I could post Art too. I really love doing voice acting for videos or fun.

(edited)

I want to do some animations, but the issue is time. I loved working with Flash when I was in High school.

The main one I want to do would be a music video to the song Dangerous by Big Data.

It would tie into the canterlot wedding episode and involve Chrysalis and Changlings harassing the CMC and also refer to Twilight being trapped in the cave and Celestia being stuck upside down in the green chrysalis/cocoon thing.

It still may happen soon. :D  If I do it- it will be show quality and AWESOME. (watch out "Children of the Night" ;) )

Edited by Cirrus-Lee

I can draw well enough, but that's not what I originally wanted to do in this fandom. I wanted to write some fanfics. I've written so many drafts down already but I just can't bring myself to make the final. Hopefully I'll start writing again someday soon, but for now I've lost my touch.

I'd like to contribute, like a fan game or something.  I had an idea for like a Crazy Taxi game set in the MLP universe.

Here's some voice acting I did just for fun. ↓

(edited)

I'm writing a MLP Pathfinder Campaign setting, but right  now it's just a bunch of notes and jumbled up scenes.

I can run the campaign myself, but that's because I know the story inside and out. But I doubt somepony who doesn't know anything about the scenario going into it could run it as their own adventure path in the campaign's current condition. ^^"

But once the finale is complete, I hope to go back and patch up the rest of the campaign, then publish it (probably to FiMfic or something like that).

Edited by Hocus Pocus

(edited)
On 3/3/2015 at 2:41 PM, Cirrus-Lee said:

I want to do some animations, but the issue is time. I loved working with Flash when I was in High school.

The main one I want to do would be a music video to the song Dangerous by Big Data.

It would tie into the canterlot wedding episode and involve Chrysalis and Changlings harassing the CMC and also refer to Twilight being trapped in the cave and Celestia being stuck upside down in the green chrysalis/cocoon thing.

It still may happen soon. :D  If I do it- it will be show quality and AWESOME. (watch out "Children of the Night" ;) )

[Removed]

Edited by kisamawaumagayaru
Can't delete posts
  • Brohoof 1

Not particularly. I was a part of the MLPForums team as a developer once but I didn't have the skill it took to get anything done so I left. I'm not an artist by any stretch either so since then I've settled to being a hermit on these forums, doling out unpopular opinions like no tomorrow. :lol: