Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever wanted to contribute something to the fandom?

Shadowking58

Wait, Chrysalis harrassing the CMC? I suggest the "Return of Queen Chrysalis" arc in the comics(1-4) where she kidnaps the CMC.

I don't have/read the comics. But one scene would have Sweetie Belle scared in bed and she keeps putting the covers over her head because she sees some eyes in the corner. every time she takes the covers off they're closer. :confused:

Then she sees the shadow of a big bow and is relieved for a second...then "Applebloom" makes a menacing smile and it's too late :umad::wau:

• Brohoof 1

I do, but I have no relevant skills. I can't draw, my voice is not ideal for voice acting and I don't even play an instrument or sing. At best I could maybe write fanfic, but I don't know how my writing would stack up with everything else that's out there.

This sounds like me. Though I guess maybe I could do an analysis/review video one day, but I doubt it'd be watched by many people. Not that that really matters, though, as long as I have fun making it and a few people watch it.

I guess I could also do voice acting, maybe; I do have acting experience and I like to think I'd be good at voice acting even though I haven't actually practiced it very much.

I haven't contributed anything yet but I'm making an MLP YTP where the plot is centered in the Crystal Empire, and I'm thinking of drawing a pic of Ganondorf riding on King Sombra. I have a few projects I was planning but haven't gotten around to doing because I'm busy finishing up High School.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I'm an artist of all forms and digital art is where my forte lies, I figured that out when I taught two high school classes on the basics of Photoshop... while I was still in high school. I tend to create things in the fandom that other people find difficult, I have made a complete vector of the Crystal Empire's main palace and am working on creating perhaps the most show accurate animations of Celestia's, Luna's and Nightmare Moon's animated manes and tails. I've also made vectors of various ponies and taken the Crystal Pony overlay texture up several notches by making them look as if they were made out of glass.

I contribute fairly regularly through the creation of music. Oh how I do love to jam. Music has always been my natural outlet so My Little Pony's once vigorous musical community was a natural attraction. I say "once" because things have tapered off considerably over the past year or so. Of course, this is only natural, like the decay of a note played on a piano.

Still, It's hard to harness the same sort of energy we had back in the early days in 2011 when everything was positively new and exciting. When The Lunar Empire was everyone's jam and Winter Wrap Up remixes were a rare and precious commodity of the fandom at large. Even with that said, there's a lot of new, younger talents emerging these days. The only pity is that there seems to be fewer ears to listen to them, now.  :(

• Brohoof 1

When I first joined I didn't know a pony.fm even existed and after checking it out I wanted to make some music to post on there just to do it. Turns out I had a lot of fun doing it and started putting a few tunes on there for a laugh. Originally, I was just gonna roll with it and post on the forums every now and then but I though to myself "Hmm, maybe it wouldn't hurt to put a little piece of Pinkeroo4U out there". Funny thing is I rarely check my pony.fm page but when I do everytime some of my songs have more and more downloads.

I would like to contribute art someday too because I'm actually really good at it but I don't know how to do all that scanning and uploading it to deviantart etc so I don't bother. I just sketch for kicks when I'm waiting for games to load or something.

I guess it depends on what one considers a contribution. While it's nothing memorable, but I'd like to think that forum moderation counts to an extent. :P

But honestly; it's not something I have given a lot of thought. I'm not artistic by any means. I realize that and it doesn't bother me. Sure; maybe I would like to write a piece of music, but that's not me. I just enjoy and support in what ways I can. :)