Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria: Endeavor

Defender of Tomorrow

(edited)

Roleplay Page: https://mlpforums.com/topic/122964-fallout-equestria-endeavor/page-1

(Rules+Races, I give credit to Original Suri!]

"My sun is setting... It's dark... So dark..." - Knight Solaire, Dark Souls

In 2077 the sun did set, It was an inevitable result caused by the destructive nature of ponykind. Two world powers waged total war with each other, each side expecting victory. Tensions grew, neither side would admit defeat, soon it reached its breaking point on one fateful day; the day where the megaspells fell, the day where atomic fire consumed the earth, the day which civilization as we know collapsed.  It took less than a few hours for the entire world to be reduced to rubble, it soon was quiet on all fronts and it seemed as if the world did end.

Few were exempt from immediate annihilation. Some, 'fortunate' souls found their way to underground shelters that protected them from the horrors outside, known as Stables. Many years passed, some stables opened and thrived in the wasteland, imposing their beliefs on the societies that they created. 

More than a century has passed since the day the world "ended"; though in time, the Equestrian Wasteland will be forever changed....

Note: This is a complete fallout: equestria spinoff, most of the major events of the "key" books have not happened and many ponies have yet to exist. I myself have added my own "canon" materials into the roleplay.

RULES:

— No god-modding (controlling other people's OCs without their consent) or being overpowered. If you believe a person is doing any one of those things, either post it here in the OOC or PM me.

— Do not attempt to bypass the word limit in the RP with "filler OOC". Not only is this against the RP rules, it is against the forum rules as well, simply for being spam. If I see this in the roleplay, I will at first give you a warning; after the second time, you will be permanently kicked from the roleplay.

— No Mary-Sue OCs...for obvious reasons. We would like to enjoy this RP to the greatest extent. Roleplaying isn't about winning or having the best crap, it's about creating an enjoyable story. 

— There is no limit to how much OCs you can have in the RP, and you can join any time you want in the RP (though it might be recommended to require help from someone else to summarize what happened previously). Hoorah!

— While there will be alicorns in the roleplay, alicorn OCs will be checked heavily before approval, requiring detailed backstory and personality that fits FoE canon. 

— Unique weapons that is canonically owned by Fallout Equestria characters is not allowed at all, such as Spitfire's Thunder, Trottenheimer's Folly, Subtlety, etc. I will allow originally created unique weapons, however, at long as it is not too powerful than it should be. 

— All OCs must have SPECIAL (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck) Traits, and Tag Skills so it is possible to calculate all skill levels and health. The number of SPECIAL points should not in total exceed 40, and only two traits can be picked. 

— Don't intend to sign up if you can't be consistently active. Try to PM or post in the OOC when you are going to be inactive. 

— Attempt to write quality posts with effort, please. While I can accept the occasional typo, it gets really difficult to read when your sentences are assassins of grammar and spelling.

— All OCs will cap at level 30 until further notice. This is determined by the number of posts you have done in the roleplay. The number of posts you need to level up is determined by this equation: 2.5 (2 * (n+2)) (n-1), where n is the level. Therefore, Level 2 will require 20 posts, Level 3 will require 50 posts, Level 4 will require 90 posts, and so on. Level 30 will require 4640 posts, by the way. And yes, that is 232 pages exactly, though if we do manage to get there, we will cap at that level. 

— For each even level (Level 2, Level 4, and so forth), a perk can be gained, though the requirements must be met. Skill points will be rewarded at each level up, using the equation 10 + ( IN / 2 ). All decimal places are rounded, so for example, if a pony had a IN of 7, for all odd levels he or she will gain 13 points, but for all even levels he or she will gain 14 points. On the other hand, a pony with an IN of 8 would consistently gain 14 skill points. The Educated perk at Level 4 can give two extra skill points per level up, and the Comprehension perk will reward an additional skill point for skill books.

Races: 

Earth ponies are inarguably the most common species in the Equestrian Wasteland. While lacking both the usage of magic from unicorns and flying from pegasi, they can somehow take damage what might in comparison kill others. They have 20% more Damage Resistance, Poison Resistance, and Fire Resistance all by themselves, and have halved chem addiction time. Battle Saddles also negate the strength requirement by 1 as well. They only possess AP in the case they have a PipBuck. 

Unicorns are the second most common species in the Equestria Wasteland. Capable of magic, they now govern both AP and MP, or Magic Points, calculated by 100 + 10 * ( IN + PE ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Mint-Al (Steady can be used to increase magic spell accuracy), and magic spells, while it does not need S.A.T.S, costs MP to some extent, depending on its difficulty. Magic can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal magic combos. Unicorns also deal 10% more damage with magical energy weapons. 

Pegasi are less common on the surface, mostly affiliated with the Grand Pegasus Enclave. Capable of flying, they now govern both AP and FP, or Flying Points, calculated by 150 + 10 * ( AG + EN ). They can regenerate over time and can be increased by perks or the chem Cloud-pack (which increases FP and +2 AG, but has an addiction with -1 PE and AG). Dash and Ultra-Dash can slow down time perception, even in flying. Flying skills do not need S.A.T.S, but costs FP depending on its difficulty, and can be used along with AP in S.A.T.S to deal flying combos. The downside is, however, that wings can also be crippled, which may severely hinder flight or cause the pegasus to fall. Med-X can negate this partially by increasing "wing health". Also, some factions may be suspicious of pegasi for their relation to the Enclave, and some NPCs may act aggressive towards you. 

Alicorns used to be the "goddess" race in the pre-war for ponies such as Celestia and Luna; now, the majority of alicorns are from the vats of I.M.P taint that has mutated them. While they have MP, FP, and AP and can use all three together if they somehow obtain a PipBuck, as well as being immune to I.M.P taint and any form of radiation, they have no "Cutie Mark Tag" and only possess two tag skills. Their Karma starts as -100 as well, and they get double as much infamy points from all factions unless disguised as either a unicorn, pegasus, or earth pony. 

Ghouls are mutated ponies from the apocalypse (think Ditzy Doo); they can be any pony race, save for alicorn, and are immune to radiation. In fact, they heal from them; therefore, their "Radiation points" act in a different way, consuming "radiation" instead. Starting at 1000, if their "Radiation points" hit 0, they will face the risk of being a feral ghoul or death. They share all traits to whoever race they are.

Griffons are similar to pegasi, save for lacking a cutie mark and therefore a cutie mark tag. Like pegasi, they have AP and FP, and unlike pegasi, their wings have more "health" and are more difficult to cripple, their talons do additional damage (increasing Melee and Unarmed), and they consume FP more slowly.

Zebras have three tagged skills, but no cutie mark tags, and can optionally use MP. They have a +5 in Sneak regardless of traits and perks, stealth-based armor has better effects, and Zebras deal more damage in sneak attacks. Unfortunately, they're also the ones that detonated megaspells on Equestria, so all Zebras, while starting at 0 Karma, have bad dispositions for almost all factions.

Factions: 

Talon Mercenaries

12th Battalion (Steel Ranger defectors)

Zaphyrian Army (Grand Pegasus Enclave/New Leader)

The Unity

Friendship City

Dashites

Salvation

Intelligence Defense Systems

(If you have a suggestion please feel free to tell me!)

Edited by Defender of Tomorrow
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Am interested. May I use Dashia. Also am modifying her back story. Her father is a Dashite. She inherited her armor from her father. She learned her tech knowledge from old books and developed new tech based on it. It not her best work but it is still a project she is working on.

Name: Cloudia Dashia

race: Pegasus

faction: Dashite Born/ None

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

STR: 5

PERC: 7

END: 6

CHA: 3

INT: 8

AGILITY: 7

LUCK: 4

TAG! SKILLS: Science (Cutiemark related), Battlesaddle, Repair

Traits: Trigger Discipline, Skilled

Perks: Flight lvl 3 (Racial), power armor training,

Skills: (SP: 70/70)

Barter 17

Battlesaddles 42

Energy Weapons 32

Explosives 27

Lockpick 27

Medicine 22

Melee Weapons 27

Repair 47

Science 48

Small Guns 20

Sneak 22

Speech 12

Unarmed 17

Items: old enclave power armor(replaced tail blade. 50% repair state. Stats not reflecting power armor bonuses.), Basic Training Battlesaddle w/energy weapon of gm's choice.

(If need the new backstory will add it in.)

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

(edited)

@Unicorncob

Uni your oc sounds marvelous, if you wanted to use him, approved,

@SilverHeart

As far as story goes, yes there is one, it involves a plague and a new world threat, however if your character chooses to ignore it or even support it then by all means go for it.

@Sekhayet

Skill roles? TBC? like you mean D&D sort of RP? Skills and the such would be in a way 'loosely interpreted' in the roleplay, however the S.P.E.C.I.A.L is going to weigh a bit more.

@Midnight_Aurora What does the training battlesaddle entail? I'm not going to strictly utilize traits, however you can pick from here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_traits

• Brohoof 2

Name: Chronos

Race: Earth Pony (Ghoul)

Faction: Independent Mercenary

Special:

S - 8

P - 7

E - 8

C - 3

I - 4

A - 7

L - 3

Tag Skills - Evasion, Unarmed, Melee

Traits - Built to destroy, Heavy-handed

Perks - Ghoul (Racial)

Equipment - Heavy Armour, Rebar Club

@Midnight_Aurora What does the training battlesaddle entail? I'm not going to strictly utilize traits, however you can pick from here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_traits

The battlesaddle is just your standard battlesaddle with basic heavy weapons in it. it is also on its last legs. It can be repaired once more before it falls apart. She mainly uses the energy weapons that the enclave once used.

(edited)

@Sekhayet

Ahh, this wouldn't be the first time I came across that book. We won't be doing it "by the book" however we should consult it if there are any dilemmas.

@Midnight_Aurora

Just put your traits and perks, then approved.

Brutal weapon choice :o Looks A-OK, so approved.

Fuck it. Here we go.

Name: Broken Physicality
Race: Pegasus
Coat: Dappled - Tan-Brown
Mane: Brown

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.
Strength: 3
Perception: 9
Endurance: 6
Charisma: 3
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 9
Luck: 3

Armor:
Radiation Suit
DT: 4
Class: Light
Wg: 10
Val; 150
Effect: Rad Resistance +20%
Notes: Environmentally Sealed

Weapon:
None

Perks:
Saddle Crafter

Traits:
Large Frame
Spiritually Awakened

TAG! Skills:

Battle Saddles
Mechanics
Magical Weapons

Can I have him be a freelance character with ties to the Unity? He isn't an alicorn, I know, but I would like to explore how he would react to the Unity trying to persuade him to join them.

(edited)

@@Defender of Tomorrow

Name: Chance (might as well.)

Race: Wasteland born pegasus

Appearance: https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-15132-0-82138500-1419978985.png

Faction: None. Used to be a mercenary now he's just a waste rat.

S: 7

P: 8

E: 5

C: 5

I: 5

A: 4

L: 5

TAG! Skills: Guns, Survival, Unarmed

Traits: Trigger Discipline

Perks: Gunslinger, Rapid reload, Running tackle

Armor: Chance's hat.

Weapons: 1 Colt .45 magnum revolver with the word "Rose Mary" etched on the barrel. And 1 OKC-3S combat knife.

Questions: Chance has this German Shepherd of his named King that's kinda acts like a companion to him. My question is if Chance could have King as a companion? If so I'll have restrictions to him and it will help me out a lot for posting in the RP.

Edited by Derpy Bell

Hmm, well I'll trust in your judgement to as in what those "restrictions" should be to make it fair for the other rpers. Approved

Well you know him being a dog means that they're enemies bigger than him and Chance has trained him not to attack creatures like that. Hellhounds, alicorns, stuff like that are a no no for King. King will mainly only attack hostile ponies like raiders or small to medium sized mutated animals (think Fallout's mole rats). Think things that a dog could take on. King is mainly used as a gaurd dog. King is also an extra mouth to feed. Not only will Chance have to feed himself but he will also have to find food for King. Also as mentioned above King fights at close quarters which may result in him being hurt by an enemy and will result in requiring medical attention. Also not really a restriction but Chance doesn't have a PipBuck due to living in the wastes and not having access to one. King makes up for that because he's a German Shepherd, which make great watch dogs, and King is able to detect threats and alert Chance.

I have no issue with none of that, the only real concern was him acting like a pipbuck on steroids, detecting ponies from a ridiculous distance and the sorts. I understand that king is a dog, I have dogs myself and they can hear things from outside my house that I can't, but they certainly don't hear dogs barking from a block away, catch my drift?

I have no issue with none of that, the only real concern was him acting like a pipbuck on steroids, detecting ponies from a ridiculous distance and the sorts. I understand that king is a dog, I have dogs myself and they can hear things from outside my house that I can't, but they certainly don't hear dogs barking from a block away, catch my drift?

No he's not exactly like a PipBuck. He wouldn't be able to detect enemies that far away. He does have a range limit.