Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

lets play LP #5: Pokemon Sacred Gold Egglocke Challenge

Alex Night

What's up, everypony?  The name's Alex Night and I've started to catch the Let's Player bug for a while now, so I decided to try my hand at YouTube and taking just a small break from Twitch.  I've already got a few projects started along with some projects already done, but there is one project that I'm really pushing for in terms of involvement from both me and my viewers.  It is called the Pokemon Sacred Gold Egglocke challenge.  Pokemon Sacred Gold is a ROM hack of Pokemon Heart Gold where the Pokemon have changed in many different ways to create a more challenging experience like buffing some of the weaker Pokemon or how all of the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four have six Pokemon to use against you.  For those unfamiliar with Egglockes or Nuzlockes, it's essentially a self-imposed hard mode.  There are two (three) basic rules to the Nuzlocke portion that are mandatory.

1. If a Pokemon faints, then it is considered dead and must be either released into the wild or put into a "dead" box for archival purposes.  It cannot be revived and used again with the exceptions of HM Slave purposes.

2. You may only catch the first Pokemon that you encounter in each Area/Route.  So, if you happen to encounter an Abra which has a habit of Teleporting on its first move and it gets away, then tough luck.  You can't have a second chance.

3. You must nickname every Pokemon that you catch/receive as a gift in order to create a more emotional bond with your Pokemon.

Now we come to the part of the Egglocke rules which is where the viewer/subscriber comes into play.

1. Every Pokemon that you get, including the Starter Pokemon, serves as a token to swap for a random Egg pulled from the PC box that is provided by the viewers/subscribers.

2. Now because the games as they are now hatch Pokemon at Level 1, I have to enable a one-time pass for creating 999 Rare Candies only for the sole purpose of leveling up the hatched Pokemon to the same level as the Token Pokemon that was swapped for it.  Any Rare Candies that I may find out in the game are used immediately for legitimacy purposes.

Optional Rules:

There will be a duplicate limit for the eggs where I cannot get 3 of the same Pokemon during my run.  So, if I were to hatch a fourth Charmander during my run, then I would have to pass over that Charmander for a new egg.  I want to be as fair to everybody during my run which is why I put a high enough limit, but given that Gen 4 has plenty of Pokemon to choose from I don't think I'll run into too many duplicates.

So obviously I need people to send me eggs to even get this project started.  I even created a YouTube layout for the game which I'll be more than happy to show for you guys.

post-7574-0-45834700-1425456164_thumb.jpg

The video link here will take to the first episode where I explain all of this in video form and it also explains how to create an egg and send it to me.  Since I prefer to be on the mods' good side (particularly Bababa's), all the stuff that you need is provided in the video description.  Keep in mind that I'm still working on my commentary and that I may let some curse words out from time to time during my videos.  I'm trying to cut it down to a point where I say some silly word in its place, but just giving you a fair warning.

Other than that, let me know if you guys have any critiques about the video or about the layout as feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Brohoof 1