205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

Pegasus.

Which is ironic for someone afraid of falling, but if you have wings to circumvent a gruesome gravitational death, then what's the point of being afraid? Granted, you might not be necessarily fast, but,...

Who DOESN'T like viewing things from above?

Granted, I'm afraid of both falling and high places, but a typical pegasus would get used to the extra altitude.

Earth pony. For one, there are just way too many pegasus and unicorn ponies around now, and also, something just appeals to me about how earth ponies are able to get along just fine without magic and flight.

• Brohoof 1

Glorious unicorn master race. You earth ponies be sure to have your food offering ready on time. You DO want to see the sun again, don't you?

Unicorn here too. But I would have loved to live before Equestria in the Tribal times and gotten free food on demand by pushing Earth ponies around.

My OC is a unicorn, with magic that affects trees. But telekinesis is too cool to pass up. No more elbow greese, or bending over and hurting your back cleaning up...nah. TK is perfect for when you run out of Earth Pony servants.

• Brohoof 1

I would love the speed and freedom of pegusis, yes in theroy if you had as much power as twilight (witch is very.... very.... very... doubtful) you could give your self wings, but they are hard to make, very fragile, they look more for show then for actual flying, and overall I dont think you could pull anything crazy with them

I'm rereading this and there is a misconception about unicorns. Not all unicorns and toss spells about like Twilight or Starswirl the Bearded. A wise pony previously said only like 1% of unicorns can work spells that way.

Evenery unicorn has a special magic talent. Snips or snails (I forget wich) was able ro make his horn glow in the dark. Rarity can magicly find gems. Some unicorns have fire magic. My OC can do crazy things with trees, he calls it tree-shaping.

Twighlights special talent IS magic itself, a rare gift that shows up in unicorns from time to time.

--If you choose unicorn you're not likely to be able to create wings unless your spcial talent involves flight or wings in some way, say you can turn into a falcon at will. (as a falcon you should be able to walk on clouds, but not in your unicorn form.)

Probably the most fun thing about an OC unicorn is coming up with a unique talent that fits your character concept.

If you do want to be like Twighlight (with lots of different spells) specialize a bit, like a war mage, or a ranger with forest related magics. A Unicorn with DnD clerical magics would be very interesting: especially with no diety to be responsible to (healing one moment and bringing fire from the sky the next).

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

Unicorn, no question. Not because I'm under the illusion I would have the breadth of magical ability that Twilight possesses, but because all Unicorns have been shown capable of basic levitation. It's the closest equivalent to hands that the ponies have, and I really like my hands and wouldn't want to give them up for wings or something like that.

If it weren't for the hands issue, I would be hard pressed to choose between the three, since I perceive them to each have their own unique talents and strengths beyond the obvious, especially Earth Ponies who are most likely rather industrious and talented with hard work at levels the other two races can't match. Wings would be wonderful in their own way, and of course I would enjoy walking upon clouds.

But unfortunately, the hands issue does exist, so I would have to choose Unicorn by default.

• Brohoof 1

Unicorn, and I would probably specialize in some sort of writing magic. The idea that any magic, even a small amount of it could be channeled according to my will is just plain awesome. Anyway, if I really wanted to fly I would just borrow Pinkie's hot air balloon.

I picked Unicorn cuz I do like the thought of how versatile magic can be. Then I can do what I've always deemed of... delving in to the dark arts of Blood Magic. Also my favorite ponies are unicorn as well Rarity and Trixie. And being able to blink to almost anywhere i want is pretty boss as well.

Unicorn, learning magic would be cool. Wings would be cool too, but I'd think after a bit itd just feel like an eyerday thing. Learning about magic, even the simplest spells, would be pretty fun, and I could teleport. I could also try making my own teleportation noises..... Magicallly.

When people ask me what superpower I would choose if I could have one and had a choice, I always choose to travel at very fast speeds. Whether it's flying or running. Therefore, Pegasus.

Unicorn, learning magic would be cool. Wings would be cool too, but I'd think after a bit itd just feel like an eyerday thing. Learning about magic, even the simplest spells, would be pretty fun, and I could teleport. I could also try making my own teleportation noises..... Magicallly.

You're a wizard, Kapi!