LyraHeartstrings

205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

Pegasus all the way. I'm happily surprised there is a big number of pegasi fans in here!

Oooh, I shall give my reason why I pick it!

Pegasi are cool. They are really, really cool. They are horses with wings, and they can fly. If I turned into a pony, it'd be a pegasus. I'll gladly give my ability to draw, my fingers, just to have wings and be able to fly and hop amongst the clouds. They also might be the strongest next to the earth ponies. Wings must be really muscular in order to pull your body from the ground, which makes them fairly badass. Besides, being able to control the weather is also a very helpful ability that rivals with super powers.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I answered here yet. I really wanted to say Pegasus, because i think flying would be amazing. But I enjoy reading and writing my own stories a lot. I imagine trying to do those things with hooves is pretty tricky. I mean, Rainbow Dash seems to manage reading okay with hooves. But writing would be tricky. I have yet to see a non-unicorn pony actually write with their hooves. At least I don't recall having seen that yet. So I think I'd have to go with Unicorn, then.

I would wanna be a Unicorn. They have everything Earth Ponys have (aside from some personality aspects), but magic lol. And I think having magic would outweigh the the flying aspect of a Pegasus, IMO.

Unicorns don't have everything earth ponies do; they lack the powerful and intrinsic connection with nature that earth ponies have.

I hope the show does something to showcase earth ponies' unique talents soon; they really seem to be getting the short end of the stick when they don't necessarily need to.

• Brohoof 1

All of the pony characters that represent me (Michiyo, my old oc, and now Raiyn, my newest oc) were unicorns, so I'll go with that :D

I love Pegasus ponies too though... being able to fly and such :D

I would have to select between Unicorn and Pegasus... Flying shows a high amount of freedom...AND ADVENTURE! However, the convenience and mastery of magic could earn you more than an extra breath... It is a hard decision, I guess it all depends on how well you can use either one.

Unicorns don't have everything earth ponies do; they lack the powerful and intrinsic connection with nature that earth ponies have.

I meant that when I mentioned "personality aspects". I really could have picked better words for that (Bad with wording things sometimes) but yeah, thats what I was leaning towards.

Pegasis! I mean.. Pegasus :) I totally love any kind of adrenaline rush from kayaking and Pegasi seem the most daring of the bunch. Plus, who wouldn't want to fly? That would be amazing.

Pegasus. As early as I can remember first blowing out my birthday candles, my wish (for all the years I ever blew out birthday candles) was the ability to fly.

Relevant to the show, I would want to be a pegasus because my dream job would be working in the weather factory making rainbows!! Plus I would love being able to walk/stand/lay on clouds. The tops of clouds are sooo beautiful, I can never stop staring at them when I'm in an airplane. And imagine the view of the stars from above the clouds <3

(edited)

I would be a Pinkius Piekus. I mean seriously they can break the 4th wall, defy gravity, teleport, predict when things will happen, grow an extra pair of legs, maintain a state of perpetual jumping for hours on end, and most importantly, sing all the time

Edited by matau

(edited)

I'm going to go with Pegasus here. Just think of it: flying around, walking on clouds, spinning round and having kicks. Plus you are helping everyone by making the weather, watering the crops, brightening up everyone's day with rainbows... Oddly enough, I prefer the characters of the other types more. Not that I don't like Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy, I just like the others better.

For those who say that Unicorns can use magic to fly need to remember that even Twilight Sparkle really struggled to cast that spell (which pretty much puts it out of reach of any other unicorn), that she cast it on someone else (it's possible that it's a type of spell one can't use on oneself) and that the wings were fragile enough to burn up from flying too high. Rather save yourself all that bother and just be born with wings, I say.

Edited by SolarPony

(edited)

If Alicorn was a choice I'd be hopping on that train so fast. Right now I'm all for being a pegasus. Flying and sleeping on clouds? Its a win win situation. Plus I don't know about you guys but I'd be trying to join the Wonderbolts.

Edited by Guitarbrony007

i would rather be a Pegasus even though unicorns have magic that wouldn't really help when you're falling, because when you're falling the only thing thats going through you mind is (get me outta here) but if you're a Pegasus you get to fly and do what ever you want.... but who cares about logic, i want wings just so i can go any where anytime and so i get to go fast...

I wish I could be a pegasus, flying free and being able to control the weather would be amazing. Also, hanging out with RD in the clouds would be awesome for sure.