LyraHeartstrings

205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

Ah, A topic I recognize finally. I would prefer being a pegasus. Magic is cool and all but I honestly would much prefer being able to fly. And please don't give me that argument about how unicorns could just make themselves fly, that requires a great deal of effort for a unicorn to do and would leave them completely exhausted afterwards(example: Sonic Rainboom when Twilight gave Rarity wings but could not do so anymore because of how physically exhausting it was).

Anywho, yea, pegasus for me. I'd love to fly blah blah blah etc. etc. sleeping on clouds is awesome.

Earth ponies, because Pinkie Pie.

I don't think I'd like to be a pegasus, since I'm deathly afraid of heights. Unicorns seem a bit overrated. I'm the most well-built of my peer group and I'd love to have a connection with the earth. Good old plain earth ponies for me!

Hey, isn't this topic a bit racist?

Edited by Miles101

You all overlook the Zebra kind,

We're good with herbs and speak in rhyme.

Actually Zecora's rhyming might have been from a head injury...I'd say based on how restrictive English is, if she didn't have to rhyme, she'd say a lot more than does so now. :P

What type of pony do you prefer, would like to be, or identify most with? Would you prefer speed and freedom, or magical powers? or just be a plain old, pony!

Please give reasons/examples why!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Struttin' all day!

due to the fact that i am an alicorn, i do not think i can answer this question with a straight answer, for i pick both freedom & speed, and magical talents

that and when im not flying i create strong electromagnetic pulses, which is a fairly simple magic, to help propel myself with my specialy designed horseshoes across hard and soft surfaces alike with ease

Edited by Benjamin Mailhott

well if i was a pony i would definitely be a unicorn. I'm an artist so it would be kind of difficult to work with all my delicate tools with my mouth or hooves or whatever

i'd probably drool all over the paper or trample my canvases or something gross

And nopony could use the "shock pen" prank successfully on you...happened to me today...

Which is why I am also a unicorn.

The Pegasi have not only WINGS but also have important roles in society, clearing the skies for all to enjoy. Unicorns, while their magic would be very fun, do not seem close in comparison to being able to fly, go fast, and be 20% cooler than the rest. And earth ponies are just boring

Difficult to say. I notice that my favorite ponies usually tend to be unicorns (I'm thinking back on who all my favorites were in G1 and even now my favorite amongst the mane 6 is Rarity), yet aesthetically I prefer pegasus and the interesting possibilities they possess. And despite all that I still have a deep-rooted fondness for the simpler earth pony as they're utterly classic in design and being.

Earth ponies, because Pinkie Pie.

I don't think I'd like to be a pegasus, since I'm deathly afraid of heights. Unicorns seem a bit overrated. I'm the most well-built of my peer group and I'd love to have a connection with the earth. Good old plain earth ponies for me!

Hey, isn't this topic a bit racist?

True. It's like asking if somepony would rather be white, asian, black, hispanic, mideastern, or brown.

I will most likely get banned for saying the above but it's worth the example. It's wrong. :(

Actually Zecora's rhyming might have been from a head injury...I'd say based on how restrictive English is, if she didn't have to rhyme, she'd say a lot more than does so now. :P

Actually, there is an occasion where she doesn't rhyme. In "Swarm of the Century", when Twilight bursts into her hut, she is meditating while balancing on a bamboo pole. She falls off and says "Have you gone mad?" and DOESN'T RHYME IT WITH ANYTHING!!... Sorry for the yelling, but this shows that Zecora doesn't have to rhyme... she chooses to. Edited by SolarPony

Still so many people who don't see the essential problem with "unicorns can fly too". It requires Twilight level skill and even that left her unable to do it more than once. Not to mention that the wings produced were extremely fragile and burned up eventually.

Still so many people who don't see the essential problem with "unicorns can fly too". It requires Twilight level skill and even that left her unable to do it more than once. Not to mention that the wings produced were extremely fragile and burned up eventually.

True true but still possible

My preference was pegasus at first, but I'm going to have to go with unicorn. I feel that their abilities are most useful. They can cast spells to do practically anything as long as they are strong enough.

...I SHALL BE THE SOLE EARTH PONY!

Pure grit and earned sweat, I'll rise from the ground and gallantly stand high against any opposing ponies who dare trot in my path.

Earth ponies - eeyup.