205 users have voted

1. 1. What pony race is your favourite?

• Earth pony
    • Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Crystal Pony
    • Alicorn

(edited)

Not necessarily. Every creature has a limit, where it would harm physical being going past said limit. Rainbow Dash's SONIC RAINBOOM is her limit seeing as how she makes use of adrenaline each time. And, technically, she could only get weaker, when the effects of adrenaline are weakened, due to it being like dopamine, the more you use, the less it works. Any creature can be pushed to the body's breaking point, eg Exhaustion stage of exercise, where the body breaks itself down to keep going. So, of course Fluttershy would probably never need this kind of awesome strength and will never use it. And even if you debunk this theory, what about the instances of her keeping up with, and even overtaking, Rainbow Dash?

Realistically speaking, you have a point. But Equestria is manifestly not a realistic world. If you wanted to apply real world physics, you would never get a winged horse able to lift itself off the ground without muscles grotesque enough to weird out Roid Rage. Pegasii as presented in-universe are already flying in the face of physics. Real world assumptions about adrenaline are likely to be irrelevant. Certainly you couldn't use it to justify Fluttershy being a special case without applying in-universe logic. Besides, by this point, it's clear Rainbow Dash is able to pull off Sonic Rainbooms pretty much at will, upwards and from a standing start, no need for adrenaline. I would personally attribute this to her own training during Hurricane Fluttershy and her prepping during A Canterlot Wedding.

Of course, the telling point is (as you rightly point out) that Fluttershy has been shown to keep up or overtake Rainbow Dash in the show. So I will concede, with the two provisos that 1. when it does happen, it is entirely driven by plot and the whims of individual writers and 2. In general, Fluttershy is usually shown to be unathletic in comparison to other pegasii.

None of this affects my original point that if one is going to imagine oneself as a pastel-coloured horse in a magical realm, the fact that one is unathletic in real life shouldn't make a difference.

Edited by CandidKid
  • Brohoof 1

WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO BE A EARTH PONY!?!?

Anyway, I'd totally be a Draconequis(Or however the heck its spelled). Discord is so awesome, plus Draconequises have wings and magic. And Chocolate Rain.

Earth Ponies are the tanks of the series. They're basically the ones that have all the strength and can withstand things other ponies can't. It's all a matter of perspective. Unicorns cast magic, but they're not nearly as strong or durable (as shown in previous episodes). Pegasi can fly, but their wings are fragile (also illustrated in an episode).

TOTALLY A PEGASUS! I am a Pegasus because flying around all day with Rainbow Dash is awesome. And also resting in the clouds is so epic! Also kicking around with Dashie!

(edited)

Unicorn, because I relate to Twilight Sparkle the most, and since they have magic abilities its probably to do anything the other races can do. We already know you can give yourself or someone else wings.

Edited by The Media Brony

I'd have to go with a unicorn, because they can do everything the other can with magic.

Now, if only the sonic rainboom can be pulled off with magic...

I'd have to go with a unicorn, because they can do everything the other can with magic.

Now, if only the sonic rainboom can be pulled off with magic...

Well, I can garuntee going supersonic is impossible unless there's a sonic boom with every flap of RD's wings, so in order to explain it, I've always figured that she reaches that speed with a magic boost. After all, the elements saved Equestria by getting all 6 their cutie marks, and letting Celestia discover Twilight.

Realistically speaking, you have a point. But Equestria is manifestly not a realistic world. If you wanted to apply real world physics, you would never get a winged horse able to lift itself off the ground without muscles grotesque enough to weird out Roid Rage. Pegasii as presented in-universe are already flying in the face of physics. Real world assumptions about adrenaline are likely to be irrelevant. Certainly you couldn't use it to justify Fluttershy being a special case without applying in-universe logic. Besides, by this point, it's clear Rainbow Dash is able to pull off Sonic Rainbooms pretty much at will, upwards and from a standing start, no need for adrenaline. I would personally attribute this to her own training during Hurricane Fluttershy and her prepping during A Canterlot Wedding.

Of course, the telling point is (as you rightly point out) that Fluttershy has been shown to keep up or overtake Rainbow Dash in the show. So I will concede, with the two provisos that 1. when it does happen, it is entirely driven by plot and the whims of individual writers and 2. In general, Fluttershy is usually shown to be unathletic in comparison to other pegasii.

None of this affects my original point that if one is going to imagine oneself as a pastel-coloured horse in a magical realm, the fact that one is unathletic in real life shouldn't make a difference.

Then with your logic as well, all scientific discussions about anything are debunked because it's a show. We just cleared out about 3/4 of the Show Discussion sub-forum.

(edited)

Then with your logic as well, all scientific discussions about anything are debunked because it's a show. We just cleared out about 3/4 of the Show Discussion sub-forum.

Exactly. But people are free to speculate and use logic and real world science as much as they wish. They should just realize that their carefully built theses are based on assumptions that could be violated at any time. Or alternatively, use in-universe logic as far as it is presented. Edited by CandidKid

(edited)

Exactly. But people are free to speculate and use logic and real world science as much as they wish. They should just realize that their carefully built theses are based on assumptions that could be violated at any time. Or alternatively, use in-universe logic as far as it is presented.

Soo...2+2=Fish?

Edited by frenzyhero

I'd love to be a pegasus :D I have always dreamed of flying and living on a cloud >:DD

Yep, I have fear of heights but I love the feeling of being in the sky. I can't stand being close to the ground, so although it scares the heck out of me, I love to climb and I always spend my time in the upper floors. And that's why I adore flying in planes so much :wub:

Awwww, show the earth ponies some love! :/ They remind me the most of humans, which I like... Also, Applejack -- best pony (best, not most fun, funny, attractive, just best) -- is an earth pony.