Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Having watched the S5 premiere yesterday, I must say I'm intrigued by this new character. I hope to see more of her as the season progresses. :please:

She is (was) in control of the situation.

season_premiere_by_madacon-d8oihq3.png

• Brohoof 2

The two thing that song reminds me of is, the 90's, and GTA San Andreas  :P

Weird. It actually reminds me of CM Punk, because he came to the ring with this song.

cmpunkhires1.jpg

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, I think she just wanted people to be less than her. She wants to feel superior. And if you are the only one who isnt basically mind raped, you are superior.

I disagree. I think that Starlights intentions are actually real, but at the same time, she is a massive hypocrite. She thinks that a perfect society is where everyone is equal and she uses her magical abilities, to keep everyone in line, just like all dictators do, when the people don't agree with them.

• Brohoof 5

I disagree. I think that Starlights intentions are actually real, but at the same time, she is a massive hypocrite. She thinks that a perfect society is where everyone is equal and she uses her magical abilities, to keep everyone in line, just like all dictators do, when the people don't agree with them.

actually she states the only real reason she kept hers is to take the other marks away so and she sees her own mark as a necessary evil to make her goal a reality 

that's just how i see it though cause you saw how much she freaked out as soon as the town asked for all their marks back

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

i know because sometimes I feel the same way, that maybe things would be better if everyone was the same, and also maybe that if others were dulled, I would be able to shine. Im not saying those feelings are right though.

Edited by Cobalt-Willow
  • Brohoof 2

She did have a point; she did need her magic in order to remove other ponies cutie marks. She was totally floundering at that point, though, so whether she actually believes it is a point of debate.

Also, I just noticed something:

Equal pony is perfectly symmetrical. She's Discord in reverse.

She surely did! Her point was very reasonable, she HAD to have the magic to increase her town with ponies. However, she should have been honest about it in the first place and others might have trusted and followed her because of her honesty and theory. OR, she should have kept calm and explained to them. I mean, I'm sure they would've understand if she calmly explained her reasons and ways once again, and why she needed the magic. Instead, she shouted and called them things, it wasn't a very smooth way to handle the whole situation.  ^_^

Now that you mention it... You're definitely right! She IS Discord in reverse.

• Brohoof 5

i know because sometimes I feel the same way, that maybe things would be better if everyone was the same, and also maybe that if others were dulled, I would be able to shine. Im not saying those feelings are right though.

I guess my dislike of Starlight Glimmer is because she is an extreme representation of some of my deeply hidden flaws. 

She did have a point; she did need her magic in order to remove other ponies cutie marks. She was totally floundering at that point, though, so whether she actually believes it is a point of debate.

Also, I just noticed something:

img-3639417-1-season_5_premiere_starligh

Equal pony is perfectly symmetrical. She's Discord in reverse.

I love Sunset Shimmer's reaction. "You put me in here with her?"

I totally get it now.

This is all homosexual propaganda.

Get it? Because of the equal symbol.

It makes so much sense.

• Brohoof 1

She surely did! Her point was very reasonable, she HAD to have the magic to increase her town with ponies. However, she should have been honest about it in the first place and others might have trusted and followed her because of her honesty and theory. OR, she should have kept calm and explained to them. I mean, I'm sure they would've understand if she calmly explained her reasons and ways once again, and why she needed the magic. Instead, she shouted and called them things, it wasn't a very smooth way to handle the whole situation.  ^_^

Now that you mention it... You're definitely right! She IS Discord in reverse.

I wonder how Discord would react to Starlight Glimmer. 

• Brohoof 1

I totally get it now.

This is all homosexual propaganda.

Get it? Because of the equal symbol.

It makes so much sense.

Where did homosexual propaganda come from? This is a Fan Club about Starlight xD lol

• Brohoof 2

I just feel kind of sorry for her, because what kind of horrible things would drive a pony to feel like she had to do this?

We've seen items get infused with a spell before right? Remember the Want it Need it spell? If Starlight thought it was so important for everypony to be equal, why not literally infuse the staff of sameness (hate that name) with the spell needed for cutie mark removal, and just use it on herself afterwords?

• Brohoof 1

I wonder how Discord would react to Starlight Glimmer. 

Well, Starlight DID escape, she's sure to come back at any time.. Or, at least so we can hope. Basically all the villains in MLP escaped, they didn't exactly die or vanish or anything. But, let's hope for a Discord vs Starlight encounter will come. It's not entirely impossible, it COULD happen. Especially after Starlight's OBVIOUS intention to come back sometime. Twilight even thought she would come back eventually. I'm also hoping to see more of her.

I just feel kind of sorry for her, because what kind of horrible things would drive a pony to feel like she had to do this?

We've seen items get infused with a spell before right? Remember the Want it Need it spell? If Starlight thought it was so important for everypony to be equal, why not literally infuse the staff of sameness (hate that name) with the spell needed for cutie mark removal, and just use it on herself afterwords?

That's the problem. She believes in her ideology, but she thinks that she needs to keep her cutie mark, to keep everyone in line. She probably thinks, if she dosen't have any power, everything will end in chaos.

At this point Starlight will likely be my second favorite FiM villain. <3

starlight_glimmer_by_lumelya-d8og66x.png

• Brohoof 4

I love this pony for almost the same reasons I loved Trixie. So well developed and so much room for growth in future episodes.

• Brohoof 1

Well, looky what we have here. :P

superchsh.gif

• Brohoof 6

Her goal was to convert everyone in Equestria, so that would've been counterproductive at this stage. Also, we have no idea whether you can do things like graft magic onto nonmagical items, so that may not have been an option.

Look at me, arguing for the equalizer. :blink: 

Well, looky what we have here. :P

img-3642293-1-superchsh.gif

So bright, so beautiful, so radiant.post-28184-0-33915800-1428340704.png

That cutie marks' pretty nice, too. :bedeyes:

Starlight Glimmer x Amon/Noatak: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/257625/making-sweet-equality-together

Yes, it exists.

Did you expect anything less? :kindness:

• Brohoof 2