Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

25 minutes ago, Woohoo said:

Starlight plushie claps for you :adorkable:

yey! at least she has the asymmetric mane style; make-a-bear are doing their plushie with a twi style straight fringe, and every time I pass I think "why do they only have the evil version of Starlight?"

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, just joined the forums recently, but I must say that Starlight has been one of my favorite characters since season 5, particularly with her redemption.  Part of the reason is that over the past year or so, I've been struggling to get my life back on track after making a huge mistake, so I really identify with a lot of Starlight's struggles.  I do like how they've developed her character over the past 2 seasons.

Since I actually started watching MLP on Netflix during the hiatus between the end of Season 5 & the start of Season 6, the show & stuff I've seen from the fan community has motivated me to try to get back into drawing again, and just last week, I drew my first semi-serious sketch in over 4 years as part of my attempts at finding a style of drawing ponies that is sorta close to the show style, but that suits my general technique better.  I know it's not that great, but I hope all you fellow Starlight fans like it:

StarlightDoodle.jpg

• Brohoof 2

18 hours ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

I drew my first semi-serious sketch in over 4 years as part of my attempts at finding a style of drawing ponies that is sorta close to the show style, but that suits my general technique better.

Definitely props for finding your own style to work with. It gives it that personal touch (especially the hooves, I really like that)

And since we're sharing drawings. I drew this a few months ago at work in between customers with the crayons and worksheets we had out for kids to color. It's still up in our breakroom.

"Don't Forget Your Red Nose, Forgetty Forgetterson"-KH7672

CAM00267.jpg

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Definitely props for finding your own style to work with. It gives it that personal touch (especially the hooves, I really like that)

And since we're sharing drawings. I drew this a few months ago at work in between customers with the crayons and worksheets we had out for kids to color.

"Don't Forget Your Red Nose, Forgetty Forgetterson"-KH7672

Not Forgetty Forgetface then? :)

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Baby Dashie

Starlight Glimmer welcoming Sci-Twi Sparkle to Equestria.

become_a_pony_by_ta_na-dbl85lg.png

Become a ponyby Ta-Na

Oh, I love this! :D BTW, have you ever heard of a fanfic on FIMfiction called "Aftermath of the Games?"  This scene sort of happens in it.  I would definitely love to see something like this happen in the actual Equestria Girls lineup, though.  :)

@KH7672   Thanks!  That was just a prelim pic, though.  Still working on my own personal style.  Like for instance I've been doing some face studies of both unicorns & non-unicorn ponies, and have determined that using a variation on the standard eye style I've been using for the past 17 years or so not only works a lot better for me, but looks better as well.  I'll probably post that one here soon, since Glimmy-Glam is one of the ponies' faces that I'm drawing (I'll be giving her a cat smile), especially since it will also be the first one I'll be attempting to color on the computer after I scan it up... I really need to get a new paint program though:  that 18 year old copy of Paint Shop Pro that I have is definitely showing its age & limitations, but all the others I've tried are either too expensive, too complicated (like GIMP) or both (e.g. Photoshop)... ;)

• Brohoof 1

On 8/21/2017 at 5:29 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Starlight Glimmer if she'd gone the "Amending Fences" route.

mlp_au___starlight_glimmer_by_marian9-db

MLP AU - Starlight Glimmerby Marian9

Honestly, I think this was Starlight when she was growing up. Keep in mind, Moondancer was only a recluse for a few years, Starlight choose the same path, and lived most of her life that way. No wonder she decided to do whatever it took not to be alone anymore.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Honestly, I think this was Starlight when she was growing up. Keep in mind, Moondancer was only a recluse for a few years, Starlight choose the same path, and lived most of her life that way. No wonder she decided to do whatever it took not to be alone anymore.

I tend to concur.  As a matter of fact, AgrolChannel made an AWESOME video last year that essentially depicted a similar backstory for Starlight that gave me the kind of feels I haven't had from watching a fan video since I saw Snowdrop...

53 minutes ago, DJ_Bonebraker said:

I tend to concur.  As a matter of fact, AgrolChannel made an AWESOME video last year that essentially depicted a similar backstory for Starlight that gave me the kind of feels I haven't had from watching a fan video since I saw Snowdrop...

Was that the "You Must Remember" video? I really like that one.

Who else is excited for this Saturday's episode featuring Starlight Glimmer and Trixie? I know I am! Whenever Starlight Glimmer is the main focus, I get very excited because I'm very fond of reformed characters as they unlock their true potential.

If I'm correct, we're seeing more characters find and solve friendship problems.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 5