Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

5a8e4f3fda2ef_changelingkingdomgreetings-starlight.thumb.png.a2d57f23271005c9c671b6e6285b5ace.png

Hello fans of mine! I just wanted to let you know my friends and I are doing Live Commentary on today’s group here at the Changeling Kingdom once it begins.  So while you show your support for me in the competition, why not also stop by and feel free to talk to us.  We hope to hear from you but either way we’ll be there.

• Brohoof 10

everypony_is_beautiful__starlight_glimme

Everypony is Beautiful: Starlight Glimmerby NewportMuse

Author's note:

If anypony in Equestria needs a lot of encouragement, it's Starlight Glimmer. An admittedly "totally evil" former villain who took away cutie marks and destroyed Equestria several times over, Starlight worked very hard to learn about friendship as Twilight Sparkle's student. She successfully graduated from those studies and is now a powerful, trusted magic pony in her own right. But she is still tortured by her past. A simple but sincere affirmation for the pony that she has become today means more to her than we will ever know. Tears of joy.

• Brohoof 7

• 2 weeks later...

Starlight Glimmer. When we first heard about her, I wasn't the only pony who thought she was Aria Blaze 2.0 due to the same color scheme. We had no idea what she might do until we began watching Cutie Map. At first, I thought she wasn't bad until she showed her intentions on making everypony equal. We even thought she could be a recurring villain as the whole of Season 5 went by. I even made a YouTube Poop video featuring her as a villain due to the way she shouted, "QUIET!". Anyway, we didn't know why she went down the dark path until in the Cutie Re-Mark, she did it because she was afraid of becoming alone. She was afraid of Cutie Marks. But thanks to Twilight Sparkle, she turned over a new leaf as her student which surprised us all. Twilight Sparkle becoming a teacher to Starlight? Wow!

After her reformation, many of us were skeptical on her reformed character. For me, a reformed character has the capability to show his/her full potential...and she did just that. She helped save the Crystal Empire with Sunburst, made friends with Maud Pie and 'The Great and Powerful' Trixie, showed us some new spells even though she did have flaws on using her gut to solve problems, made Celestia and Luna closer than ever before, and to top it all off, became a hero in Equestria.

To us, the sixth season was a huge stepping stone for her as she got over her uncertainty on what she did. We all made mistakes in the past but we get to learn from them. But that's not all, she along with her reformed friends saved all of Equestria from Queen Chrysalis' rule. It was a heroic act the Mane characters didn't do as they were held captive. Her wonderful acts of bravery are why Starlight Glimmer is one of my top three best ponies tied with Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash. That and her lovable personality.

I'll give out my honest opinion right here, right now. Every time an episode featuring her as the main focus draws near, I get excited because I love seeing more screen time of her. In fact, I started having a crush on her after seeing her human appearance in Mirror Magic.

Starlight Glimmer to all of us is a brilliant addition to the Friendship is Magic series. She showed all of us her true potential as part of the Mane cast. We know there are those who do not like her and I respect that. Everypony has different opinions after all. But we all must know what her friends would do without her. Who could save Equestria from the evil Changeling invasion? Who could save the Mane crew from the human world?

Despite her flaws, despite the struggles she may face, despite everything. Starlight Glimmer to us, is a fantastic character and may she continue to inspire us all with her heroic acts with her friends beside her and spread the magic of friendship everywhere in the multiverse.

Happy Starlight Glimmer Day tomorrow, Glim Glam. You deserve to have a special day dedicated to you. ;) 

full.png

Human Starlight Glimmer.png

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 7

5ab54db69a37f_starlightcounselor.thumb.png.d0bb2245e6aca388b0933be801c82fc8.png

With less than 24 hours to go, Starlight is so excited to take on her new role in Season 8 and we look forward to her empathizing with and molding the young minds of tomorrow (hopefully not literally) :P

Happy Starlight Glimmer Day!

• Brohoof 5