Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ironbyte

This is just a drawing i did of Luna. I done it in coloured pencils.

Might be a few mistakes.I should have really done a pencil sketch of it before using the coloured pencils, but oh well! xD

I'm happy with how it turned out overall.  :squee:

colour_pencil_luna_by_ironbyte-d8km1kh.j

• Brohoof 11

Beautifully done! I just love Luna's colors, you got her midnight blue coat shining perfectly here, kudos!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It looks amazing. I love how you got the shoes right (they are called that... right? :eww: ). Well done  :)

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 1

Beautiful picture! Extra kudos for completing it in colored pencil! (I like using them myself  ;) )

Thanks! :3 Yeah, i really like colored pencils. Glad you like it!  :squee:

That is awesome! Very well done! :D

Thanks!  Happy you like it. :3

Nice drawing! Luna looks so pretty.(:

Yup! :3 Luna is awesome. Happy you like it.  :squee:

Beautifully done! I just love Luna's colors, you got her midnight blue coat shining perfectly here, kudos!

Thanks! :3 I'm happy it turned out better then i expected. Glad you like it!  :squee:

This is a pretty cute design of Luna. The colored pencils really capture her colors quite well. Nice job! :)

Thanks! :3 I'm glad it turned out much better then i originally thought. Happy you like it! 

It looks amazing. I love how you got the shoes right (they are called that... right? :eww: ). Well done  :)

Thanks! :3 Uh i think so.. i'm not exactly sure. I guess they are?  :yay:  Happy you like it anyways! 

• Brohoof 1

Thanks Malcom, glad you like it! :3

Yeah never been a fan of tracing. I just don't see it as a good way to improve.

Yup! I keep trying to learn digital but I always end up doing traditional more. I just love using my coloured pencils, markers and so on. XD

Next time I'll try to remember to do a pencil sketch first hehe. I'd have loved to correct the wing alittle. Maybe the front of face a bit also. :P

It's decent. Not the greatest in all honesty, but it's still alright.

Just a tip, I'd recommend using MLP tutorials so you can get the idea on how to draw one. How you drew Luna is a little wonky, namely the eye, the tail and the torso. For starters, here's a simple but affective tutorial. If you're going to try out tutorials, I'd suggest you to have references of Luna at all times. While it's possible to draw by memory, you'll get a better result if you used references of her.

Also, while I'm not too knowledgable on traditional art, I've noticed how you coloured Luna was also rather messy. Instead of using super vivid colours, you should keep a consistent colour by using your pencils lightly. Another thing is that, for a lack of a better term, you should stick to one direction instead of colouring all over the place, as those sort of mistakes look noticeable. (especially the mane)

I'm no genius at traditional art, but I hope these tips will help anyway. Good luck! ;)

• Brohoof 1

It's decent. Not the greatest in all honesty, but it's still alright.

Just a tip, I'd recommend using MLP tutorials so you can get the idea on how to draw one. How you drew Luna is a little wonky, namely the eye, the tail and the torso. For starters, here's a simple but affective tutorial. If you're going to try out tutorials, I'd suggest you to have references of Luna at all times. While it's possible to draw by memory, you'll get a better result if you used references of her.

Also, while I'm not too knowledgable on traditional art, I've noticed how you coloured Luna was also rather messy. Instead of using super vivid colours, you should keep a consistent colour by using your pencils lightly. Another thing is that, for a lack of a better term, you should stick to one direction instead of colouring all over the place, as those sort of mistakes look noticeable. (especially the mane)

I'm no genius at traditional art, but I hope these tips will help anyway. Good luck! ;)

Yup they help! :3 I'm always looking to improve. I'm not really an expert in using color pencils so i'm happy for the advice, i'll be sure to give it a go.

Thanks for the tutorial link also, i'll check that out. I've followed a few in the past, so luna sure turned out much better then how she might have done few months back. hehe. :P

While the angles are a bit sharp, everything is spot-on.

Ah yeah.. i see what you mean. I'm sure i'll improve on that.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Nice job. Glad to see you sticking to it and making major improvements each drawing.

You're becoming better and this is evidence of it.

This made my day hearing this.  :yay:  Glad you think so. Happy i'm improving, i haven't noticed myself.