Eloquence

[Ponyville] The Ponyville Pet Center Fundraiser

pinki_pie_banner_by_alex_van_gamer-d8vff

Pinkie Pie had been working her flank off all day trying to finish baking and packing large bundles of orders in Sugar Cube Corner, while the Cake's were away on business. By the time she was finally finished, she was completely covered in flour, frosting and sprinkles. Luckily, she had her favorite pet alligator assistant, Gummy, to help her, who was also covered in a similar fashion.

After cleaning off both her and Gummy, she felt refreshed and ready to party for the rest of the day. The pink mare turned to look over towards the clock hung up on the wall and gasped. Suddenly realizing that—"I'm late for Fluttershy's fundraiser!" She exclaimed. "I was so busy with finishing all those orders that I completely forgot! They're probably having all the fun without me! Or maybe their not having fun at all! Maybe everypony is just sitting there wondering what happened to me and why I'm not there. And if everypony's wondering why I'm not there, they're not focusing on having fun. And if there not focusing on having fun, then all the animals'll be sad because they're not having fun either. And if nopony's having fun then the whole fundraiser's gunna be a totally bummer. And—" She stopped mid-sentence as she glanced at Gummy who simply blinked at that same moment, supposedly interrupting her spiel. "You're right Gummy! We can't waste anymore time!"

She turned so her flank was raised up and her tail was inches in front of the gator. After a moment of silence, Gummy jumped up and chomped the mare's tail causing Pinkie too giggle. Then, after grabbing what little party things she needed, she hopped out the door and made her way to the fundraiser.

When she finally arrived, the first thing she took note of was seeing her friend Twilight being carted away to the hospital. "Oh no... Twilight!" She exclaimed as alarm bells rang through her head, both literally and metaphorically. The cart was too fast for her to catch up, so she did the next best thing.

@

"Rainbowdash!" She exclaimed, stomping at the ground and skidding to a stop just moments before crashing into Dash, clasping her hooves onto her friends back. "What happened here?! Why's Twilight rolling away in the hospital cart?! Was there an accident?! Is she okay?! Is she gunna be back soon?! WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GOOOOONE!??!" Pinkie asked frantically, shaking the rainbow-maned pony in hopes of an answer, her ears wilted back in concern.

fluttershy_banner_by_legendaryditto-d4hc

@, @@Red Cedar, @@Edward Kenway,

Fluttershy smiled when she heard that Peppermint was considering adopting a pet of her own. The thought of it made her more at ease, as it seemed to show that despite the issues the fair has had, it can still help animals find new homes. That was what she most wanted out of this fair, after all.

"Oh, of course! Please, look around as much as you want to. I'd be happy to help you find a new little friend too, we have some very cute little mice right over..."

The words died on her lips as the loudly-spoken words of an all too familiar mare reached her ears. 

"Umm, why don't you look around for a bit. I, I'll come find you soon, I just, umm, need to take care of something first..." She gave an apologetic smile and dashed off in the direction of the the Sweet Apple Acres farm stand.

She quickly reached Applejack, eyes wide and breathing hard. "Applejack, it's..." she managed before her words turned to high-pitched whimpers.

• Brohoof 2

@@Eloquence

Suri Polomare

Suri looked around as Lovestruck talked. All the ponies were finally dispersing from the crowd. "Well, the stunt pony certainly seems to have been through a lot...but, anyway do you need any help with your booth?" she said with a sincere smile. Suri only captured some of her answers but eventually digressed. "I've got a lot of time on my hoofs and certainly would like to be of assistance.

princess_cadance_flying_by_botchan_mlp-d60t29z.gif

@@Red Cedar@@Eloquence,

Cadance nodded as she listened to Applejack, and too heard Trixie's announcement. Her forehoof flew to her mouth half in dread, half amusement. "Well, I do believe this this fundraiser has gotten a bit more interesting." She bobbed her head to Applejack. "If you will excuse me, I think I will look around a bit before the...show starts." Right as she was about to excuse herself, it seemed the host she had been looking for, hailing the yellow pegasus. "I'm afraid it is indeed Trixie. Look at it this way though, between everything that's happened, nobody would dare call your event boring." She was trying to keep Fluttershy calm, as it had become quite obvious the poor pegasus was already quite frazzled. "Deep breaths," she muttered to the yellow mare in a low voice. "Lots of deep breaths my dear." She suddenly wished she had brought a guard with her, something she seldom felt the need to do these days.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

(edited)

@DexterousWings

"Well, wasn't that interesting," Amber beamed, trotting back up behind the grey Pegasus, who had just escaped the crowd.

"I bet you never had a customer like that before, eh? All up-close-and-personal with the Princess!" She nudged him playfully with an elbow and laughed. Even though she wasnt directly involved in the frightful chain of events, Amber was still in that strange state of blurred ecstasy--it was hard to believe that had all really happened.

"But seriously, that was pretty amazing, what you did," Amber said. She smiled.

"Can I treat you to a pie?"

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

@AmberDust

Dex was a bit surprised to see someone catch up to him.

"Well, I've never had someone so important under my care, but it's no big deal. I was just doing my job. I'd have done the same for anypony."

Dex scratched the back of his head, a little embarrassed about the attention

"I've never been one to turn down pie... Ma always swore I had extra stomachs in my wings." He chuckled a bit to himself.

Finding friends in this new town might be easier than he'd hoped.

• Brohoof 1

The Great and Power Trixie

trixie_by_rariedash-d6dpf8l.png

@@Eloquence, @@Love, @@Red Cedar

After standing there on two legs for a few seconds, she got back down on for hooves and cleared her throat; attempting to regain her composure. Part of her wanted to get back on the train and get out of here. This was Ponyville after all...but still, Twilight was being carted away due to something...she really wasn't sure what. And the general mood was gone; if there ever was one for this small town event.

"Well, it looks like some tragic incident has occurred here! If someone would be so kind as to inform Trixie of the happenings she would be so greatly appreciative," she said with a confident swagger as she made her way into the area and through the crowd. She really wasn't sure who to ask; the only one she really familiar with was Twilight. Of course she did have some friends, but she really didn't want to bump into them; aside from the host.

"It looks to me that the mood needs to be lifted here! Trixie wasn't planning on performing today, but maybe her presence is what's needed to lift the spirit of you townsfol-" She stopped her speech after catching sight of Applejack and Fluttershy.

She knew that Fluttershy was the host of the event, so she needed to be nice to her. AJ, on the other hand, was someone she didn't care for. Country bumpkins and all..

Smiling at Fluttershy in a cocky fashion and ignoring AJ, she says, "Fluttershy, correct? Ah, Trixie is so sorry for the late appearance, but you know how a stage mare like myself must deal with things! Oh, I see that your fundraiser has hit a...snag. I know I'm not scheduled to perform, but is there anything Trixie can do to help?"

She really wasn't sure how sincere she was sounding, though she was forcing it as this was new to her. Sill, she did want to clean up her name, so she did at least try to be sincere. However, she jumped when she caught the sight of Princess Cadence nearby; not a expecting a Princess not named Twilight to be here.

"Oh! Princess Cadence! It is a pleasure to meet you," she said, bowing down.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

post-30326-0-74390000-1421664738.png

((@@Red Cedar, @))

Silver Spoon had wandered towards the centre of the venue during all the fuss over Princess Twilight Sparkle. Secretly she hoped she might find some of Twilight's feathers, or even… no it was too amazing to even think about… her crown. She paced up and down the area where Twilight had been crashed into, looking for a souvenir of the princess, but came up blank.

She had been interested in buying an apple fritter, but amid all the confusion, hadn't been able to. In fact, Applejack hadn't even told her the price. She ambled back to the apple stand to wait for Applejack to return.
  • Brohoof 1

post-8308-0-98149900-1426968392.png

@@Aeros Sine

That apology is definitely more sincere than the last one. Twilight's view of the world was still not 100%, but she could make out Lightning's apology. She tried her best to face Lightning and said, "Lightning Dust, I accept your apology." That was all Twilight could get out before the Nurse and her aid began lifting her up to the cart.

Twilight did indeed have some questions for the nurse. "Yes nurse, I was wondering if it's possible I can go back to the fundraiser today? I want to help support my friend Fluttershy." 
  • Brohoof 1

Badges

sig-3831082.rainbow_dash_sig_by_lawfullu

@

As Rainbow witnessed Lightning turn to the real pony who deserved her apologies, she failed to notice a certain other hyperactive pony approaching her from behind, so when she did happen to notice it, it was far too late for her to move out of the iron grip of Pinkie Pie, whose hooves gripped onto her sides and shook her as the earth pony yelled in her face, as easily excitable as ever, even out of worry. "Rainbow Dash! What happened here!? Why's Twilight rolling away in the hospital cart!? Was there an accident!? Is she okay!? Is she gonna be back soon!? WHAT HAPPENED WHILE I WAS GOOOOOONE!?" Rainbow saw stars in her vision as the other pony's words reverberated through her brain, and while she appreciated the concern (after all, she was probably just as worried as Pinkie Pie was, just expressing it in much more sullen a way) she did not appreciate the fact that Pinkie Pie was grappling onto her and rendering her breathless as her head shook back and forth along with her body.

Quickly, Rainbow flapped her wings in order to stabilize herself and pressed her hooves sharp into the other pony's shoulders in order to bring her a certain distance away from her. "Calm down, Pinkie!" While irritation rang true within her voice, it was a significant amount less hostile than the way with which she regarded Lightning earlier. In fact, honestly, talking to anypony else at this moment besides Lightning was an exercise in relief. After she was certain that the literal walking time bomb would no longer go off on her, Rainbow drew her hooves back and let out a sigh as her wings folded neatly against her sides again. "Right, so. It'd be a lot to explain to you, so I'll just give ya the abridged version." Some language that Twilight likely would be happy to hear her say, she couldn't help but think with a twinge. "You remember Lightning Dust, right?" She gestured with her head to the pony, who still stood off on her own, but didn't grace her with a gaze. "Well, she kinda decided to pull a stupid stunt again like she did at the Wonderbolts Academy, and Twilight took the brunt of it." Her frown, previously somewhat hostile, turned less so and revealed her worry for the alicorn, who she did grace with her gaze. "I...think she'll be fine. That's what they seem to be sayin', anyway. We need more word from the nurses but she has taken harder knocks than this before."

She wasn't supremely anxious, nor did she doubt the alicorn's ability to get right back up after something like this (she'd had a piano dropped on her head before, for crying out loud), but she did feel at least concerned. Not to mention, and a feeling she didn't want to acknowledge, but she felt somewhat responsible for it. She should've done something; Twilight even called for her to do something at the time. Plus, she should've insisted they buck Lightning out earlier.

• Brohoof 1

Nurse Redheart

@@Derplight Sperkle

As the nurse was taking an in-depth assessment of the princess, she heard the question asked to her. In response, Redheart clicked her tongue and shook her head. "No promises, your highness. If your injuries are bad enough, we'll have to possibly put you in the hospital overnight or more." she said, before sighing and giving a hopeful smile. "But we'll try our best to get you, ah, 'up and running' as soon as we can."

(edited)

@@Derplight Sperkle,@, @@Red Cedar,

Lightning Dust

"Woohoo! Alright! I got the apology!" The voice of her cry could have been heard for miles. "Alright. Now what to do about this wing.." She rubbed her wing as she felt the sharp intense pain suddenly shock through herself. "Oh boy..." She felt the pain continually shock her as she shuddered. "Oh no...i can't fly...but i can still put on a show!" As she ran past Rainbow dash who was speaking to Pinkie Pie in the distance, she smiled. Nothing felt sweeter than redemption. She gathered some containers from Applejack's booth and moved some chairs along the ground. "The show's not over yet..."

Edited by Aeros Sine

@@DexterousWings, @Red Cedar

Amber grinned. Putting on a silly voice, she said,

"A pie, for your service to our country!"

She chuckled and trotted over to the nearest stand. She'd been keeping an eye on it since she'd arrived at the fair--it smelled just like home, and everything on it looked absolutely amazing.

"I'm getting a little hungry, myself," she thought aloud, looking at the selection of treats.

"Which one did you want?"

• Brohoof 1

@AmberDust 

"Hehe Oh, I'm not picky. They all smell great." 

Dex looked over the snacks. They all looked and smelled great.His wings involuntarily fluffed a skosh with a little bit of anticipation. It may have been a crazy morning, but it looked like the afternoon was going to be great. The weather looked absolutely perfect and he was already making a friend. He'd heard rumors about a very friendly pink poofy haired earth pony that was a bit overenthusiastic with newcomers, but he hadn't seen her yet.

(edited)

sig-3857948.pinki_pie_banner_by_alex_van

@

Pinkie was forced to hold still when the cyan pony grabbed her by the shoulders, telling her to 'calm down'. Doing her best to do as she was told, the pink mare gave out several deep exaggerated breaths, eventually turning more quieter and softer until they stopped altogether.

"Right, so. It'd be a lot to explain to you, so I'll just give ya the abridged version... You remember Lightning Dust, right?" The pegasus gestured with her head to the pony, who still stood off on her own, but didn't grace her with a gaze.

Pinkie Pie glanced over towards the mare in question for a moment before returning to look at Rainbow Dash. "Uh-huh!" She replied with small nod.

"Well, she kinda decided to pull a stupid stunt again like she did at the Wonderbolts Academy, and Twilight took the brunt of it." Rainbow's frown, previously somewhat hostile, turned less so and revealed her worry for the alicorn, who she did grace with her gaze.

Pinkie Pie gave a small gasp of surprise, but otherwise did her best to remain quiet as Rainbow continued to explain everything to her.

"I...think she'll be fine. That's what they seem to be sayin', anyway. We need more word from the nurses but she has taken harder knocks than this before."

"Hmm." She nodded after hearing that Twilight should be okay, which helped her calm down a bit more. However, she still felt a little sad since it was never fun when somepony got hurt, especially a good friend. "Alright... Well, hopefully she gets better soon... But you're right. Twilight's been through a lot of hard stuff before so she's sure to feel good as new when she gets back." The pink party pony smiled slightly, feeling a little better after saying that herself. Twilight has faced hard blows, evil villains, and all sorts of other chaos that’s been thrown at her before. So something like this should be easy to overcome for her.

After one final deep breath, the pink earth pony let all her negativity flow out of her, her grin growing a bit wider now as she regained her cheerful demeanor. "Okay then, no more frowny faces now. Twilight'll be back before ya know it! But until then we gotta get every pony back in the spirit of things!" After a short pause, she gasped as a light bulb appeared over her head. "I know! I'll go ask Fluttershy if I can host a small little party here to get every pony smiling again!" She beamed. "I'll talk to ya again later Rainbow!" Pinkie said as she zoomed off to find her yellow pegasus friend.

@@AmberDust, @@DexterousWings

On the way however, she saw an unfamiliar grey-coated pegasus speaking with another equally unfamiliar, mint green unicorn... —Yeah! And I didn't know who they were either! Which is reeeaaallly weird cuz I know EVERYPONY that lives here in Ponyville! ...I literally just said.... Never mind... A-anyway, the pink mare had only rushed past them for just a few moments, but upon realizing these ponies must be new to town, within seconds she was standing directly behind the pair of ponies again.

"Omhgoshohmygoshohmygosh! Hiya!" She blurted out. "I've never seen YOU guy here in Ponyville before!" The earth pony added, leaning in closer to the stallion and then again for the mare, studying them bit  and completely ignoring their personal space. "My name’s Pinkie Pie! What’s you’re name?" The hyperactive pony asked, sitting on her flank as she held out both of her fore-hooves to the pair in greeting, a wide, friendly smile on her face.

Edited by Alex VanGamer
  • Brohoof 1

Applejack didn't even have the chance to try and calm down Fluttershy when Trixie showed her characteristic impeccable manners and interrupted, worming her way in to try and get into the event host's good books. Applejack had rather mixed feelings about that. On the one hoof, she didn't want to leave Fluttershy to deal with Trixie all on her own. On the other, it meant she didn't have to deal with Trixie personally.

Keeping an ear on the conversation, she smiled as ponies started filtering towards her booth again. First one she noticed was Silver Spoon. Remembering that she had been there before all the excitement, Applejack quickly turned her attention to the little filly again. "Right. Sorry, Silver Spoon. Anyway, the fritters, apple crumble and candy apples are two bits each, juice is a bit per glass, plain apples are two for a bit and the apple pie is two bits a slice or ten bits for the whole shebang." she said with a smile.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@AmberDust

Dex jumped back a bit at the sudden surprise of the pink pony before him. Tentatively, he returned to where he was and shook her hoof.

"My name is Dexterous Wings, but everyone calls me Dex because it's a bit of a mouth full. I just moved here a couple days ago because the Search and Rescue Corps stationed me here."

This pink pony was extremely energetic looking, but she seemed pretty friendly too. His friends typically weren't as perky as a jackrabbit on three cups of coffee, but you never know who you're going to get along with. He might have found an additional friend.

Edited by DexterousWings

@@DexterousWings@@Red Cedar, @,  

"Omhgoshohmygoshohmygosh! Hiya!" She blurted out. "I've never seen YOU guy here in Ponyville before!" The earth pony added, leaning in closer to the stallion and then again for the mare, studying them bit  and completely ignoring their personal space. "My name’s Pinkie Pie! What’s you’re name?" The hyperactive pony asked, sitting on her flank as she held out both of her fore-hooves to the pair in greeting, a wide, friendly smile on her face.

"My name is Dexterous Wings, but everyone calls me Dex because it's a bit of a mouth full. I just moved here a couple days ago because the Search and Rescue Corps stationed me here. What's your name?"

Amber hesitated a moment as the bright-pink pony stared at her in anticipation.

"I'm--Amber Dust," she said finally, slowly deciding how to react. She shook the mare's outstretched hoof politely.

"It's nice to meet you," she added. Right, Pinkie Pie. Amber was certain she'd heard that name before, and she'd definitely seen this pony bouncing around town every so often. She dug into the recesses of her memory for something to say.

"You work at Sugarcube Corner, right?" she asked. "You're the famous party-planner?"  Amber grinned. She was rather proud of herself for remembering this fact, seeing as she wasn't terribly good with names and faces.

"Are you selling treats at the Fundraiser today?" she asked with a smile.

princess_cadance_flying_by_botchan_mlp-d60t29z.gif

@,  

So much for a relaxing day in Ponyville, Cadance thought to herself with a sigh when Trixie greeted her. Of course she knew of Trixie through Twilight's letters to Celestia; she had read them all, and was well aware of the magician. While wary, she was still the Princess of Love, and always tries to spread that feeling wherever she went. She returned Trixie's bow with a slight nod of the head, and her usual warm, welcoming smile.

"The Great and Powerful, so I've heard it told. Will you be performing for the crowd, then? From what I hear the entertainment so far has been...Unexpected. A magic show would probably fit in well," she said, wanting to see the spectacle for herself. She knew well that flattery worked on this pony, though it was quite clear that she was on her best behavior considering who was in attendance, she wanted to witness for herself the enigma that was the traveling magician. If nothing else, a bit of prestidigitation might draw some additional funds in for the Pet Center.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

Peppermint Harmony

With the amount of time that she had before she was up to perform, Peppermint started to wander around the fundraiser. She paused at a few stands, before heading over to one that had a particularly large table, with the most adorable little fluffballs to run around inside: mice. Peppermint would stand there watching the mice, before bending down to look at one in particular: a dusty black mouse with small spots on their tail.

Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl roamed aimlessly through the fair, before spotting somepony familiar to her - or was it? The pink blur finally stopped at two ponies, and with it - fine details. Almost instantly, Vinyl recognized the fluff of a mane and the cutie mark to be Pinkie Pie's. The mare from the wedding. she thought, before walking towards her. She then stopped when she remembered the other ponies - and kept her distance until Pinkie was done interacting with them.

The Great and Power Trixie

trixie_by_rariedash-d6dpf8l.png

@@Eloquence, @@Love, @@Red Cedar

While she waited for an answer from Fluttershy, Trixie could tell that Applejack was not trusting of her. "Hmph, what does she know? She thinks she can just judge me there. If there is one thing I don't regret is showing her what humiliation means," she thought to herself. She remembered back to her first visit to Ponyville and that country mare who tried to show her up. Ha! While she did want to better her reputation; she didn't mind holding a grudge or two.

She then turned to Princess Cadence as she spoke with her. Having a Princess refer to her as "Great and Powerful" was really feeding her ego. ​"Well, Trixie is honored that you think so highly of her, your highness. I am certain that Twi-*ahem*-I mean PRINCESS Twilight has told you and the royal sisters of my accomplishment," she asked with that wiley smirk. "As for a magic show, Trixie wasn't scheduled to perform. However, that would depend on what Fluttershy has to say. Considering recent events, Trixie may offer her talents to help lift this Fundraiser from the solemn fair that has become it."

"Of course, as you know, I am the GRRRREAT and POWERFUL TRRRRIXIE," she said as she stood on her hind legs again, letting the R's roll off her tongue as if she was on stage. Of course she wasn't on stage and she was thinking she might have overdone it...but the showmare in her wouldn't stay quiet.

• Brohoof 1

Badges

pinki_pie_banner_by_alex_van_gamer-d8vff

@@AmberDust, @@DexterousWings, @@Red Cedar

The pink mare smile widened as both ponies accepted her hooves and introduced themselves. Shaking their hooves vigorously the moment they started shaking them. "Nice to meet you Dex and Amber!" She replied, turning to look at Amber a moment and bounced upwards as Amber seemed to recognize her. "Oh! So you've heard about me then! Yay! Those are both me!" Pinkie Pie responded.

At the mare's question though, she giggled a little, "I WISH! I've been so busy the past couple days helping Mr. and Mrs. Cake at the bakery, that I hardly had any TIME to make anything to fund raise! Besides, my friend Applejack usually handles all the treat sales for events like this! I usually come and eat them, cuz they're just soooooo gooood!"

"Oh! And before I forget! I wanna welcome both of you ponies to Ponyville! Though I guess I'm a little late to introduce myself to you Amber. Which is kinda weird cuz I always welcome ponies the very first moment I see them enter Ponyville! I must have been busier than I thought!" She gasped at a sudden idea. "Ooh! I could make a 'Welcome to Ponyville slash Have Fun With the Animals at Fluttershy's Pet Fundraiser Party!' That's bound to cheer every pony up! Oh! But I gotta ask Fluttershy if that's okay first. Since this is her event and everything!" The mare squealed, bouncing up and down as she got even more excited about all the party supplies she would need to bring for such an event.

Her ears perked up as she suddenly realized the other two nearby conversations. "Oooh! And there's Fluttershy right over there!" The mare giggled a bit at her silliness. "And I almost ran right past her! Oh! And Princess Cadence is with her too!" She paused a moment, taking note of the two ponies talking to a familiar sky blue-coated mare. "Wait a minute. Is that Trixie?!" She asked nopony in particular. "...Hmm, on second, thought maybe I'll wait a little bit before I go over there..." The bright pink mare said as she remembered the last time she and Trixie crossed paths. Deleting her mouth and making her unable to talk for a whole episode!? Why would somepony want her to not talk at all!? It was a strange concept to the party pony.

Quickly shaking the notion from her mind, however, Pinkie Pie turned her attention back towards Amber and Dex and glomped the pair of ponies. "I'll just stick with you guys and get some of Applejack's super duper awesome apple treats! And then maybe afterwards I can go get my cart and sing my Welcome to Ponyville song for you guys!"

• Brohoof 1

sig-3851494.sig-3831082.rainbow_dash_sig

As Pinkie Pie headed off to greet the other ponies, and Trixie's booming voice reached her ears, a sense of detachment washed over Rainbow - not that she didn't care about the situation, but everything else seemed to matter far less significantly. New ponies being in town, Trixie returning, all of that, points that Rainbow would've ordinarily taken notice of just didn't register within her mind. Hay, even as Pinkie spoke to them her gaze cast right back over to Twilight and the nurse and where they were headed, and she hoped that the alicorn would be able to attend the fundraiser with them. Rainbow kicked herself. Why didn't she see any of this coming? Why didn't she check with Fluttershy about who she was bringing in to perform? Why didn't she volunteer to perform herself? She hadn't taken much consideration into it, and while logic dictated she wouldn't have the foresight to tell that anypony in particular was going to attend, she couldn't help but draw parallels between this situation and the one back at Wonderbolts Academy. Back then she wouldn't have been able to know that the twister was going to endanger her friends, either, but that didn't mean she couldn't have done anything, nor that any of her lack of action beforehand was okay. And why would she excuse inaction with something like that anyway? Rainbow was a mare of action. She'd always been a mare of action. What stopped her now?

Tank sensed her troubles, wheeling in up to her and bumping into her ear in the only way he knew how to express concern. She glanced at him, and she couldn't help a weak chuckle. "Lookit me, sittin' around and thinking so much into this. Ain't my usual style," she murmured to the tortoise, who agreed with a slight buzz. She glanced down at the ground between her hooves, the smile mustered at the chuckle dropping from her muzzle. "This isn't fair, Tank. This isn't fair at all." The tortoise remained ever silent, but Rainbow knew him well enough at this point to know if he could ask for clarification, he would. She sighed. "Why is it other ponies have to pay for mistakes that I make? Look-" She glanced at Tank, who was already moving before she spoke for purposes that she predicted, and the eye contact halted his progress, "I know what you're thinking. Lightning did it. She did it back at the Academy, too. And you're right, buddy, you're totally right, and she's completely uncool for it. But... Aren't ponies that just sit on the sidelines just as guilty? Usually I stick up for what I think. Not as blunt as AJ," she glanced at the pony in question with a snort, "but I'm not afraid to speak my mind. So...why did I let something as stupid as glory get in the way of that? And why did I freeze when Twilight needed me?"

Tank settled along her wing, with a sage nod in her direction, as if he understood her point. But no judgment came to the tortoise's face, not like the kind of self criticism that Rainbow gave herself. He gestured slowly with his head to Twilight, and to that Rainbow couldn't help but nod herself. "Yeah. I...wanted to talk to her about that. When she's recovered, I'll bring it up. She's the princess of friendship, right? Maybe she has some idea."

'I'm sure she forgives me for it, too. But I wanna know why.' 

Sweet Celestia, her head hurt.

fluttershy_banner_by_legendaryditto-d4hc

@, @@Edward Kenway, @@Love, @@Red Cedar,

Fluttershy sat on her haunches in stunned silence long enough for Applejack to wander off and for Cadance to have a whole conversation with the troublesome unicorn before her. She only opened her mouth once the two had ended their conversation and Trixie was left to simply look at her expectantly. Fluttershy swallowed hard and put on a very unsure smile.

"Oh, gosh, that's just ever so nice of you to offer. I'll just, umm, I'll have to ask my other performer about that. I wouldn't want you both trying to go on at the same time, hehe, he. Oh look there she is now, I should go talk to her, pardon me for a moment."

With that, Fluttershy vanished from where she had stood fast enough to leave a cloud of dust in her wake and trotted over to Peppermint Harmony.

"Umm, hi again Peppermint. I hope I'm not interrupting, I just, was wondering when you wanted to go on, and how long your performance would be, and if maybe it might be too long to allow for any other performances during my fair..."

Screen_Shot_2015_01_19_at_9_39_30_PM.png

@@Aeros Sine,

"You want to help me?" Lovestruck asked, tilting her head as she considered the mare's words. She quickly straightened herself and smiled. "That would be awesome! I, well, I thought my booth idea was kind of cute and unique at first, but now I just don't think anypony else agrees," she said, tapping her nearly empty bit jar with a hoof for emphasis. "Maybe you could help me come up with something else, something that would bring more ponies to my booth."

• Brohoof 2

sig-3863677.applejackrpheader.png

Somehow, Applejack managed to keep a pleasant smile on her face as she greeted ponies walking by. This wasn't as easy as it looked, though, when there was a pony nearby so full of herself that it made her want to upchuck. She wasn't quite sure what was worse, listening to Trixie's unwarranted self-adoration or the way she tried to ingratiate herself to Cadence, Fluttershy, or anyone else who looked like they were in charge. One thing was certain, however, and that was that Trixie was even starting to affect business. She couldn't help but notice Pinkie Pie hesitate in coming over to her cart, and when something made Pinkie think twice about going and getting a tasty treat, you knew it was serious.

After Fluttershy made a very polite but extremely hasty retreat from Trixie's immediate vicinity, a broader smile crossed her lips. Trixie was probably right. Twilight probably had told the Princesses about what had happened on Trixie's previous visits. Perhaps those were the very things that some ponies needed a reminder about from the Element of Brutal Honesty.

Smiling pleasantly, she turned back to Trixie. "So, Trixie, why don't y'all remind us of those accomplishments you were talkin' about." she said. "Was it when y'all were cowering from an Ursa Minor while Twilight lulled it back to sleep, or the time you took all of Ponyville hostage using a dark magic amulet?"

• Brohoof 3