Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Dead Awakening [Equestrian Zombie Apocalypse Roleplay]

EnderPrince

(edited)

OOC thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/122881-zombie-apocalypse-ooc/

Trotting across the torrid streets of what used to be Ponyville, Frank kept thinking to himself, Why did I stay? Why didn't I go with the others?

The buildings around him were old, rotting, and stained by those who didn't make it out in time. Frank entered one of these buildings, repeating that thought over and over in his head, throguh a doorway. At least, it used to be a doorway. Now it's just a gaping hole in a wall, he thought to himself gloomily. Just shows how ignorant we really are against the-

A crash and the sound of splintering wood jolted Frank out of his thoughts. No. No! Nonononononononono! he screamed in his mind. They're here?!? They can't be here!!! They cleared this place out!!! What am I gonna do?

"Uh, uhhhh..." Frank mumbled out loud. I know! I'll... uh... smash this wooden plank over its head! Gah! No, what'll that do? It'll stun it at best! What else can I do? Not seeing any other options, Frank grasped the piece of wood in his front hoofs, and charged in the direction of the noise.

"Gyaaaaaaah!" he screamed, preparing to lodge a chunk of rotting plant matter into whatever-it-is's skull, until Frank looked down and saw a bunny. He immediatly stopped in his tracks, dropped the wood, and knelt down next to the creature.

"Well, hi little fella!..." Frank spoke in a nervous tone. "I must have scared the living daylights out of you! Sorry about that!" A bunny, he thought. This is great! A bunny! Creatures like this hate those abominations. The fact that this bunny's here, it means I'm safe! Well, for now at least. 

Suddenly, the bunny perked its ears up, widened its eyes, and raced out of the demolished doorway faster than Frank could track. "Hey, where are you going? I only just met-" He froze. "-you..."

Shuffling through the ruined foyer of the dilapidated house was what Frank feared now more than anything else. A converted...

The converted were ponies turned "zombie," a slang term for the creatures that hunted ponykind. And standing ten feet away from one, Frank could understand how "zombie" fit the converted.

Its flesh carried multiple open wounds, none of which were bleeding. The zombie's legs were decomposing as he watched them, flesh turning black, exposed bone turning yellow. The mane and tail were burnt where they were't cut, but the head was the worst part. This one used to be a unicorn, as shown by the thin, cracked piece of bone jutting from its temple. Its mouth hung open as if the jaw muscles had been cut, and any teeth it still had were loosly attatched. The nose looked like it had been smashed in with something heavy, but the eyes were what made frank want to vomit. Both eyelids were wide open, exposing the blank, lifeless spheres of decaying corneal tissue to the elements. One eye was yellow, but still intact. The other was deflated, etched with maroon, and oozing a dried pus Frank could only assume to be jelly from the inside of the eye.

Frank barely noticed that the creature had turned towards him, and only noticed that it had moved closer to him when it started to make a hoarse, primordial groan. Frank, still frozen in fear, could only watch as the zombie lurched ever closer to him, until it was only a hairsbreadth away.

As soon as he felt the gray, clammy skin of the creature touch is own, Frank sprung into action. He stood up with a jolt, and sprinted to the doorway. As soon as he was outside, Frank spread his wings and looked back at the dead, yet ambulatory pony moving ever so slowly towards him. Frank then turned around, and flew away as fast as he could, all the while emitting a scream similar to that of a crying infant.

Edited by EnderPrince
  • Brohoof 1

Little Wind was scavenging through a building when he heard a baby foals scream. Part of him wanted to jump and run at it to help, but he had to think. 'Its probably my mind playing tricks on me. Been alone for too long' he thought. Then he heard a Screamer. And his eyes went wide. 'Someponies actually here?!' He went outside and looked around. A figure was seen flying in a general direction, and a few flapping after it before plummeting to the ground. He was about to try to run after it and see who it was, but some of the infected appeared. Two Earth Ponies and a Pegasus. All Little Wind had was a small kitchen knife and a wood bat. "Not risking it." He said, voice cracking from not being used for so long. He ran towards the Pegasus and jumped over it, using its back to boost off and run.

Snowflake watching the Ponyville burn and decay... it use to be his home but now it was a disgusting wasteland of broken dreams and souls. Chrome walks up to him "I'm sorry Snowflake I told you chances of survivors here were very low" "I know, I should of listened you... Ponyville use to be my home I would protect the citizens from any danger... after what happened with...." "yes I know Snowdrop Peak...." "I haven't seen a sight so sad since that day" Snowflake looks down and sees a ragdoll of a pony he then levitates it "it seems no where is safe now Cloudsdale and Canterlot thought they could be safe havens but now they both lie in ruins.... whats the point of even going on.... were all dead.... all we are doing now is postponing the inevitable" "we are going to make it Snowflake I'm sure we weren't the only survivors" "lets hope" Snowflake drops the doll and continues to walk down the road as flash backs of old memories pop in his head... all the sudden a scream echos in his head at first the thought it was the souls of the lost screaming in terror but it happened again... "did you hear that?" "yes... quickly Chrome" Snowflake and Chrome go running to the noise and see two Pegasi one screaming like a baby and another in the distance "Hey you over here!"

(edited)

@Little Wind

Cloudsdale was in ruins. All my friends and family were either dead from the fighting or converted into something...else. I had fervent hopes that Ponyville was safe, that is what the reports said anyway. To my dismay it was the same everywhere; Same wreckage and burning fires every where. I was about to fly on when I saw a earth pony running from the infected. I had a royal guard's spear I found among the chaos. I charged into the pegasus's wing impaling it severely reducing it's ability to move around. It would have to do for now. I flew faster now picking up Little Wind from the ground away from the reach of the infected earth ponies. "You needed a hoof? I figured you would regardless. You know what's the word around Ponyville?" I asked relaxing for a moment now.    

Edited by Sriracha

(edited)

Storm Rider was elsewhere, out from the Ponyville. But he could heard that there was some noises coming out from there and once he look up, he could see that Cloudsdale was in ruins and Ponyville in fire.

"Hmm... Something really has been going on here... Something very dangerous." Storm Rider thought before he activated his Disguise device and placed it for 24/7 mode.

"Now... I have nothing I could protect myself... I guess i'll have to trust my instincts and hope there are some survivors.... But for now: There is nothing I could do yet." Storm Rider thought, before he just sit down and watch Ponyville burning. As there is nothing he could do for now.

Edited by StormRider245

(edited)

At first the pony that picked up Wind scared him, cause the only time he got grabbed was by either the infected or a piece of wood on his saddlebags, which he left somewhere in ponyville. But when the pony spoke hr calmed down. "The word around ponyville? You mean besides just about everything here is either dead or turned and this place has almost no resources on the outskirts of town. Most of its near town hall from what I gather. So what about you Huh. What's the word on Cloudsdale? Figured a Pegasus like yourself would be where it's safe." He said, looking down nervously.

Edited by AppleLover

"Pegasi... always so illusive" Snowflake runs towards Little Wind "Hey you!" Snowflake shouts he then says to Chrome "if he flies away again I'm just going to teleport onto his back and force him to land" "YOU PEGASI DOWN HERE" Snowflake shouts in attempts to get their attention "Snowflake I don't think shouting is getting the attention you want" Chrome points at some of the damned watching them "your right lets just hope that last shout was enough"

@Little Wind

@Rain

Aero shuffled through the Everfree forest, leaving his small safe-haven hidden in the depths of leaves in a tree, when he reaches the edge of the forest, he looks into the town blankly. He considered the screams to most likely be of the dying ponies, trapped ones. He sighed and walked through the town carefully, watching anything that seemed suspicious. He scavenged through what seemed to be an old restaurant, he finds a small bit of bread, he takes it and tears a small part off, throwing the rest into his saddlebag. He sneaks back to the Everfree forest, noticing Rain and Little Wind. "Survivors?" His voice was dry and quiet. "Hey!" He starts to quickly run to them.

Sidon twisted around in his perch, the sound of a distant commotion drawing his attention.

Looks like some stray wildlife spooked the zed again.

He brought his rifle to bear, peering through the grimy scope in the direction of the scuffle.

Ammunition long since depleted, even before the first outbreak, the old, blue steel and apple wood firearm was a museum relic of a war long since won. Fed a single round via rotating bolt action and equipped with a long, silvery bayonet, it had been a fearful weapon in it's day. Without ammunition it was now little more than an ornate polearm, though it's long range optic came in very useful when a clearer picture was needed.

Sidon homed in on the sounds below, his crosshairs coming to rest on a duo of ponies standing in one of the lanes running through town.

Where did all these civvies come from, this zone should have been cleared by the security teams.

He lifted his head from the scope and slung his rifle, preparing to set out to confront these two.

Or more...

(edited)

"I guess we should help the others on the ground as well," I said promptly. I dropped him safely on a nearby roof and picked the two up so we all were out of reach of the damned for now. "As for your question, Cloudsdale is in ruins as well. I had hoped for better luck in Ponyville but I barely made it here alive." I looked to everyone now. "So what now? Is there any safe havens left?" I asked hopefully.  

Edited by Sriracha

"Don't know about any 'safe havens' but I've been squatting at Sweet Apple Acres for about a month and maybe one or two biters came out the woods. You guys have heard that term right? Whatever it's all the same. Either way we could Head there and sit for a day or two." Little Wind said, walking around the roof they were on,looking for a way down. "I seriously don't wanna jump. But it's looking like I might have to." He whispered. "Anyway if you guys wanna and maybe aren't native to Poyville I could show you guys where it is."

Flying to ponyville, she notices some surviors. Once landing and getting behind a building, she shape shifts into a Cyan-Green Unicorn with a peach cutie mark on her flank represeting the Solictice of Peaches. Anypony near by would of seen a faint green flash when she shape shifted. She walked around slowly stalking the area for any surviors to live amongst and survive with them. And is in high hopes that nopony will know she is there to survive with them, not against.

As she walked around she looked like a 15 year old with a cutie mark and a saddle that doesn't quite fit. All she has is a Switch Blade and some food and water, only enough to last a couple of days. She starts to scavage the building, keeping the blade out in case if some Zomponies are inside. She kills one from beind and picks up a bottle of water that is sealed. "I hope that this is clean" She says quitely and starts to head out of the ruins and out onnthe street once more and wonders a bit avoiding zomponies the best she could. She always keeps her switch blade out. Hoping to find some pony surviors.

(edited)

SHE IS AWAKE. SHE IS AWAKE. SHE IS AWAKE.

The message has repeated itself in my mind for days now as I've floated in vacuum. It torments me- I don't know who she is or what she is but in the act of awakening she has stranded me to die of dehydration. The pain is excruciating; my limbs scream and my throat feels like fire. I can feel death coming for me. I never imagined that death would feel so heavy and hot.

Hot... HOT... I'm burning. I am suddenly hurtling down through atmosphere. The pain from dehydration is suddenly switched with the burning agony of immolation.

I do not know where I am. I blinked and I am in a crater; around me is scorched earth. I feel my wings for the first time in days. Their power source was shattered and yet, impossibly, they have retained function. The implants rapidly bring my interfaces online and the storm of sensations that tell me everything I need to know about my body report optimal operation. Ghostly sensations of touch, taste, and sound all assure me that my body is alive and yet... and yet I should not be. My metallic feathers vibrate and a rough map is translated onto my tastebuds.

Edited by Sekhayet

*Storm Rider didn't knew anymore what to do. He decided to stand up and took his normal form for now. Because he needs something to possibly defend himself.*

"I cannot wait anymore... But I need this form for now, if I need to defend myself." he thought and begun to walk towards the Ponyville, hoping he could find out what is going on there.

"Snowflake we need to get out of here they aren't paying attention" Snowflake turns around and sees the damned coming closer "I took an oath to protect this town and that's exactly what I will do.... I will cleans it from this plague and protect all who are here" Snowflake casts a frost nova, freezing some of the zombie pony while the others just slowly tried to move.... which then caused a loud explosion sound "Snowflake stop, this is suicide! You can't possibly cleans an entire town" "no but that explosion should of been loud enough to get somepony's attention.... hopefully not anymore zombies" 

"No. No. No. No. No. No. No!" Frank repeated to himself as he flew away from Ponyville. "Last time I talk to a furry animal. It's just going to get me killed!"

However, before he could leave the vicinity of Ponyville, Frank heard... something. He wasn't sure what, but it definatly was something. Before he could stop himself, Frank had landed in a patch of trees, keeping him concealed, but allowing him to see anything in front of him. What he saw through the thin foliage were two ponies, one a snow-blue unicorn, the other a white pegasus, and they seemed to be arguing. About what Frank was too far away to hear. I wonder if they're arguing about those... things coming towards them!  Frank felt that he should warn them, alert them somehow, but admitted to himself that he was too much of a coward to do so. Well, they're gonna die. At least, that's what he thought until the blue unicorn froze the advancing creatures and blew them apart.

Wow, that was amazing! I wish I could do that! Frank thought. But won't the noise just attract more of th- Frank's thoughts were interrupted by a loud crashing from behind him, followed by a deafening roar. -em! Crap! It's one of those big ones! As it began to charge, Frank decided that his best chances of surviving would be to group with those two arguing ponies. So, Frank ran to the twosome in the most dignified way he could under the circumstances, which was running as fast as he could while screaming at the top of his lungs, with the large monstrosity following close behind.

"Ehagahingagang! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!"

(edited)

The feeling of necromancy is everywhere and my senses feel like they are being crushed by its insane power. I force my indoctrinated warpony mask to the fore and calm. I have no weapons but my wings have sufficient power to serve as blades. I have no formal training but my instincts should suffice for now. My senses expand and I know how many sources of motion are in the town. Currently there are four thousand separate signature of unique origin. I move toward the closest concentration that I feel I can handle, a small group of three signatures that are moving slowly in an unsteady path.

I hop to the rooftops and silently glide on slightly humming wings behind the ponies. The sensation of necromancy is stronger around them now that I am closer. They are death given form and I almost lose hold of my mask in shock. How the hell... zombies? What... in Tartarus...? I quickly re-evaluate my position and rocket straight up into the sky. From my vantage point, I can see the true horror of this place- dead ponies re-animated and dangerous are everywhere. I look toward a sudden burst of magic. There at the edge of a forest, perhaps the Everfree?, are two ponies fighting the dead with magic. A pony is running toward them and seems to be terrified. In the middle of town, there is a adolescent filly wandering with a knife. Idon't even hesitate before angling toward her; the mage and two ponies can take care of themselves. A street ahead and to the filly's left here is a concentration of six dead. They seem to be still and are sitting on the ground in confusion.

I consider my options for a moment before riskinga small noise above the filly and I vibrate my metal feathers more violently to create a clear musical tone to get her attention. (@Queen Syannax)

Edited by Sekhayet

@Little Wind

I considered my options carefully as I noticed more converted ponies trying to find another route to our current location on the roof. "Okay, let's try out Sweet Apple Acres. Hopefully the damage isn't worse there as it is here." I flew up to see if our area of the sky was safe and I spotted another pony making a lot of noise (Sekhayet). I flew back down to Little Wind, "There are others here as well. We should regroup and get everyone out of here. Here, get on my back." I said to Little Wind quickly. I picked him up again and flew to the pony I found earlier with Little Wind on my back. "We must get everyone out of here that isn't infected quickly! My friend on my back here can lead us to a nearby farm. You interested?" I said to the mysterious cyber pony. 

the sound of screaming caught Snowflake's ear he then turned around and saw the Pegasus from earlier fleeing from a giant zombie "sweet mother of Celestia what in Tartus is that!" "Can I handle this one?" "sure just be careful Chrome I know you being mechanical prevents you from turning but you can still die" Snowflake teleports Frank behind him while he watches Chrome aerial tackle the giant zombie Snowflake then turns to Frank "you alright friend.... your not bit are ya?"

*Storm Rider has just entered the Ponyville. He saw it was totally in ruins and there was some... Weird looking ponies everywhere. When Storm Rider saw first one, he went to hiding Sugarcube Corner and locked the door. He then went to look something to protect himself, if any zombie will come in.*

"So... Zombies huh? It seems so unreal..." he thought.

Ponyville

"you alright friend.... your not bit are ya?"

Frank barely heard the voice of the unicorn. He was still in shock after that giant... thing exploded from a tree. Just how he barely noticed when the pegasus took it down.

After looking around and making sure he was "safe," he faced the unicorn and now-returning pegasus and said, "Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine, just a giant one of those came charging at me with virtually no warning, I mean, it just exploded from a tree, I didn't know they could do that, but yeah, I'm fine, just a litte shaken up is all, and by a little I mean a lot, and by a lot I mean I'm freaking out, because whenever I freak out, I talk in really long and drawn out sentences really really fast, and then things just get really awkward after I stop talking because when I stop talking, everything gets really quiet, and I can never hear what anyone says after I finish one of these big sentences because I'm really out of breath and still freaking out so I pass out because I WAS NOT MADE TO HANDLE STRESS LIKE THIS." And with that, Frank hit the ground.

• Brohoof 1

3 Blocks from Rarity's Boutique going into town.

(I pick this Green as my color)

Walking around towards the inner part of town, Peachy held her blade out in her Telekinesis, it ready to stab anything coming at her. 'I will not fail...' She thought as her need to feed starts to intensify.

'Indeed, you will not,' A reply came from seemingly nowhere had almost made Peachy jump. There was a laugh in the background of her thoughts, Chrysalis's voice was the reply. 'Because if you do, the hive will fall to starvation, and this new disease that seemingly came out of nowhere.' She had added after her laugh.

'I know this my Queen, therefore I will not fail you.' Peachy had replied in thought as she pushed forward to find survivors. Killing some Zomponies along the way. She takes a moment stepping inside a building that had been mostly ruined except the first room which was halfway collapsed. She drinks from her first bottle down to three quarters and sets it back. She looks around the destroyed building and finding nothing of value except a bottle cap with a blue star on it "Hmm... It looks nice, eh whatever, it doesn't weight anything" She picks it up and puts it in her bag anyways and heads out as a few Zomponies made her jump backwards almost 5 feet in the air from how unexpected it was. Her jump made the building shake a little and then CLANK of wood on wood was heard. '5' She started to run towards the door again '4' but the two beams holding the door there snapped and collapsed when she was running to it. '3' She looked to the right where the rest of the building was still intact '2' and she started to run towards it. '1' Rubble fell and blocked her way "DAMN IT!" She had yelled out in a Fillies voice '0' She Teleported just outside the window and was galloping past a few Zomponies who lunged for her and found their doom to a collapsing building. She was barely missed and something "AAAAH!!" She started to tug against it and felt little to no resistance other than her tail hairs being pulled. She stopped and looked around knowing more zompony's are coming for the noise of the collapsed building and her screaming loudly like a young filly. She turned to look and saw that a chunk of her tail was caught from the collapsed building. "Well... Horse Apples..." She says and starts to think on how to get out of this predicament without help.

Edited by Queen Syannax

Ponyville

Frank barely heard the voice of the unicorn. He was still in shock after that giant... thing exploded from a tree. Just how he barely noticed when the pegasus took it down.

After looking around and making sure he was "safe," he faced the unicorn and now-returning pegasus and said, "Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine, just a giant one of those came charging at me with virtually no warning, I mean, it just exploded from a tree, I didn't know they could do that, but yeah, I'm fine, just a litte shaken up is all, and by a little I mean a lot, and by a lot I mean I'm freaking out, because whenever I freak out, I talk in really long and drawn out sentences really really fast, and then things just get really awkward after I stop talking because when I stop talking, everything gets really quiet, and I can never hear what anyone says after I finish one of these big sentences because I'm really out of breath and still freaking out so I pass out because I WAS NOT MADE TO HANDLE STRESS LIKE THIS." And with that, Frank hit the ground.

Ponyville

Sugarcube Corner

Storm Rider was currently searching something that he would use to defend himself for possible attacks.

"Let's see now..." he thought while looking the kitchen. He found few size pans and some knifes.

"Ah yes... This will do for now." he thought and then search for some supplies. He manage to found some food from fridge.

"This will do for some days... But... I don't feel like I am only survivor..." he thought looking out the window to the streets which are atm: Empty.

Above Peachy, Ponyville Proper

I circle around at the scream and curse. My timing is terrible. I quickly accelerate back toward the filly; my wings continue their musical tone. Just as I reach her, I snap roll and let the leading edge of my wings slice through her trapped tail. I pick her up in my hooves as the roll completes and I flap up into the sky.

I try to make my voice calm and soothing, "Are you alright? Are you injured?"

Aero quickly left Ponyville, walking back to the Everfree forest, not being very careful or looking around at his surrounding. He made it to the edge of the Everfree forest before hearing a noise. He stopped and looked around, running back into Ponyville and hiding in a broken down building, he looked around and waited, hoping nothing had noticed him.