Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask me, AmberDust!

AmberDust

(edited)

Hello everypony! I'm AmberDust!
...Well, no, actually I'm a Canadian girl named Rebecca who loves drawing and spends way too much time here. I figured I may as well post this ask thread for everypony to find out a little more about me, seeing as I'm not good at filling out profiles. :squee:

So, go on! Ask away! Or you can ask a question to one of my characters here:

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

When is it better to lie (than tell the truth)?

If you had to choose between your relationship with your best friend and saving the life of whoever you hate most, what would you do?  (So if you stayed friends, that person would die, but if you saved them, you're friend would hate you forever.)

Do you have a pet?  If yes, how did you get that pet?  If not, why don't you have a pet?

(edited)

When is it better to lie (than tell the truth)?

If you had to choose between your relationship with your best friend and saving the life of whoever you hate most, what would you do? (So if you stayed friends, that person would die, but if you saved them, you're friend would hate you forever.)

Do you have a pet? If yes, how did you get that pet? If not, why don't you have a pet?

1. I don't like dishonesty, so I honestly (ha) can't think of a "good time" to lie. Maybe...hmm. Maybe in situations where one is expected to stretch the truth for the sake of emphasis. As in, if your opponent is stretching the truth, you have to as well? I don't know. I feel like lying is never really the better option...it's oftentimes a really short-term solution. (Like lying in an interview--it might get you the job, but it won't make you a better worker.)

2. I guess that depends on who's life is on the line. There are people I hate and have never met, like war criminals, manipulators, etc. Do they count? Or does it have to be someone I know? If they do count, I'd choose to preserve my friendship.

I know it sounds awful, but hey, both of my options will ruin someone's life. One of them might save lives.

3. I don't have a pet. Why?

a) I'm allergic to dogs and cats

b)There are enough people in my house (6)

c) $$$ ^^'

Edited by AmberDust

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I'm allowed to do this, but...I have a question for YOU. (everyone)

Do I have a reputation of any sort on this forum?

Sharlina: Objection! Overruled! We're asking the questions!! Now then, what is your favorite pasta dish, and what music do you listen to when feasting upon it?

Sharlina: Objection! Overruled! We're asking the questions!! Now then, what is your favorite pasta dish, and what music do you listen to when feasting upon it?

Spaghetti with marinara and meatballs! Mom's homemade sauce. I don't listen to music while I eat.

I also like Alfredo, but I've never had it homemade. Oh! And I LOVE tortellini soup in turkey broth that my Nonna makes. That's my favourite food ever.

Is my Italian showing?

• Brohoof 1

I think you are rather reputable pone :)

On a scale from 10 to 10gigtillion to the 20%th power, how awesome are you? ;)

I'd say... About 10gigitillion to the 4th power.

:P HOW AM I SUPOUSED TO ANSWER THAT??

I'd say... About 10gigitillion to the 4th power.

:P HOW AM I SUPOUSED TO ANSWER THAT??

Sharlina: ooh! Your misspelling gave me an idea! Do you have a spouse? If no, do you plan on getting one in the future? Why or why not? What qualities do you like in a stallion?

Sharlina: ooh! Your misspelling gave me an idea! Do you have a spouse? If no, do you plan on getting one in the future? Why or why not? What qualities do you like in a stallion?

I'm 18, so no, I'm not married. I don't know what I'm looking for, either. Not yet. I guess it'd be nice to get married, but I have a hard time seeing myself living like that. Again, I'm young. Let me get into university first. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Hey are you Italian, cause i am and if you are what part of Italy are you or your parents from?

If you could have any pet in the world what would it be?

If you could chose between an annoying friend who is always giving you nice things cause they are rich, 

or a really good friend that doesn't give you anything besides a BFF who would you chose?

What are your favourite TV shows?

(edited)

Hey are you Italian, cause i am and if you are what part of Italy are you or your parents from?

Yeah, I am Italian! What gave it away? :P

My parents were the first generation of my family born in Canada, but their parents were from Umbria and Chietti. We still have a lot of extended family living in Italy.

If you could have any pet in the world what would it be?

If I could eliminate all of my allergies, I'd love to have a pet cat. If not a cat, maybe a ferret or a hedgehog. Birds are cool, too. :)

If you could chose between an annoying friend who is always giving you nice things cause they are rich,

or a really good friend that doesn't give you anything besides a BFF who would you chose?

The second option, for sure! A good friend is worth more than simple things. I have a hard time accepting gifts, anyways! I hate it when people/I spend money recklessly...even if its on me. ^^'

What are your favourite TV shows?

I really love Gravity Falls, Pokémon, and The Adventures of Tintin. :D Pokémon isn't for everyone, but I think the other two I mentionned are definitely worth watching, no matter who you are. I also like mlp, Powerpuff Girls, the Simpsons, Community...

Little more info on The Adventures of Tintin--it's a cartoon collaboration between France and Canada that is based on a really popular belgian comic series from the 1920s/1930s. It's and action-adventure-mystery, and pretty much all of the characters are likable. :D Even though its a kids cartoon, this show touches on lots of mature subjects like drug trafficking, gangs, etc. I really like it.

Oh, and it has this really great theme song:

Edited by AmberDust

Yeah, I am Italian! What gave it away? :P

My parents were the first generation of my family born in Canada, but their parents were from Umbria and Chietti. We still have a lot of extended family living in Italy.

If I could eliminate all of my allergies, I'd love to have a pet cat. If not a cat, maybe a ferret or a hedgehog. Birds are cool, too. :)

I really love Gravity Falls, Pokémon, and The Adventures of Tintin. :D Pokémon isn't for everyone, but I think the other two I mentionned are definitely worth watching, no matter who you are. I also like mlp, Powerpuff Girls, the Simpsons, Community...

Yeah, i have a lot of family members that still live in Italy too.

And cats really are the best pet. Take it from someone who has eleven cats (My family and I live on a big property) and four of the cats are kittens. :fluttershy:

And i love Pokemon, Powerpuff girls community and my dad use to watch tin tin as a boy.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What were some of the things that you grew up with when you were young?

"Things" is a pretty broad term, but I'll try anyways. :P

I grew up with two older brothers and one older sister, so they influenced me a lot with their wack 90s culture of anime and snap bracelets. :P

I was pretty much born into Pokémon, Digimon, Mario, Sailor Moon, and other such things that my siblings liked, and I still like those things today. I'm actually looking at a Sailor Moon poster right now that was signed by her original english voice actress and the rest of the cast! :adorkable:

Influences be powerful things when you're young, I guess. I also have always liked drawing and putting myself in fiction...I guess I was making OCs before that term was coined! :P

Also, if you told young Rebecca that she'd be watching My Little Pony when she was a teenager, she'd probably say something like "No way, that's stupid and girly." :lol:

Oh, also, I've been learning French since I was six. You'd think I'd be better at it. :/

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

"Things" is a pretty broad term, but I'll try anyways. :P

I grew up with two older brothers and one older sister, so they influenced me a lot with their wack 90s culture of anime and snap bracelets. :P

I was pretty much born into Pokémon, Digimon, Mario, Sailor Moon, and other such things that my siblings liked, and I still like those things today. I'm actually looking at a Sailor Moon poster right now that was signed by her original english voice actress and the rest of the cast! :adorkable:

Influences be powerful things when you're young, I guess. I also have always liked drawing and putting myself in fiction...I guess I was making OCs before that term was coined! :P

Also, if you told young Rebecca that she'd be watching My Little Pony when she was a teenager, she'd probably say something like "No way, that's stupid and girly." :lol:

Oh, also, I've been learning French since I was six. You'd think I'd be better at it. :/

I sort of grew up into those things when I was young even Sailor Moon when I watched some of it in the early to mid 2000s. :P

I have another question if you don't mind me asking, what made you started sketching particularly OCs?

I sort of grew up into those things when I was young even Sailor Moon when I watched some of it in the early to mid 2000s. :P

I have another question if you don't mind me asking, what made you started sketching particularly OCs?

Well, I was a really big daydreamer. I didn't want to watch cartoons. I wanted to live them. And since I loved drawing so much, drawing cartooned versions of myself seemed like the best thing ever. :P Although this started when I was a little bit older (10ish?)

I must have pages and pages of me as a Sailor Scout, illustrating my transformation and my different powers...geez.

But yeah, I always loved customizations like OCs dress-up games and such. It just made cartoons feel more real to me, I guess. :) Looks like I've hardly changed! :lol:

• 1 month later...

hello ahm... nice to meet you Amber, am Marquis, i coudlnt help but read your answers and is quite interesting, i born in mexico but am more italian than mexican, i have the appereance and my family, most of my family are from there, i... :blush: i also love Sailor Moon, my favorite is Sailor mars and my fav episodeis the one where Serena meets her in the shrine

i :blush: i also like pokemon, Sableye, Machoke and Gardevoir are my favorites ahm... whats yours? heh heh

well i would like to know about your hobbies, your favorite music and whats your favorite episode of mlp? :blush:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

hello ahm... nice to meet you Amber, am Marquis, i coudlnt help but read your answers and is quite interesting, i born in mexico but am more italian than mexican, i have the appereance and my family, most of my family are from there, i... :blush: i also love Sailor Moon, my favorite is Sailor mars and my fav episodeis the one where Serena meets her in the shrine

i :blush: i also like pokemon, Sableye, Machoke and Gardevoir are my favorites ahm... whats yours? heh heh

well i would like to know about your hobbies, your favorite music and whats your favorite episode of mlp? :blush:

My favourite Sailor Scout is Jupiter. I actually met her voice actress. :D Heheh.

Ahem. Anyways, my favourite Pokémon? Hmm...Ampharos, Chikorita, Stunfisk (yes, really), and...all the others I've trained. :P

As for my hobbies, I like drawing, stalking the forums, reading, gardening, playing video games, etc. The music I listen to is...varied, I guess. I find most of it through AMVs and PMVs, then go from there. :adorkable:

I can't say I know what my favourite episode is. "Suited for Success" is a good one, but I also love all the Discord episodes and Zecora episodes. It's hard to choose just one. ^^

Edited by AmberDust

My favourite Sailor Scout is Jupiter. I actually met her voice actress. :D Heheh.

Ahem. Anyways, my favourite Pokémon? Hmm...Ampharos, Chikorita, Stunfisk (yes, really), and...all the others I've trained. :P

As for my hobbies, I like drawing, stalking the forums, reading, gardening, playing video games, etc. The music I listen to is...varied, I guess. I find most of it through AMVs and PMVs, then go from there. :adorkable:

I can't say I know what my favourite episode is. "Suited for Success" is a good one, but I also love all the Discord episodes and Zecora episodes. It's hard to choose just one. ^^

you meet the voice actor? thats amazing! Sailor Jupiter sounded really cool in spanish, 

what kind of books do you like?

• Brohoof 1

you meet the voice actor? thats amazing! Sailor Jupiter sounded really cool in spanish,

what kind of books do you like?

Yeah, I met her at Anime North last year! I also got a poster signed and all that.

I like comedy, fantasy, and adventure books (Terry Pratchett especially). My bookshelf is mostly full of manga, though. Manga and kids books. ^^

Yeah, I met her at Anime North last year! I also got a poster signed and all that.

I like comedy, fantasy, and adventure books (Terry Pratchett especially). My bookshelf is mostly full of manga, though. Manga and kids books. ^^

wow! thats a good choice! but tell me what are your favorite mangas?

this is for you, hope you like it ^^

post-18984-0-63319000-1433477217.gif

• Brohoof 1

wow! thats a good choice! but tell me what are your favorite mangas?

this is for you, hope you like it ^^

output_rTEslP.gif

Wow, Awesome! Thank you! :D It's so cute.

My favourite manga...hmm. I kind of go in-and-out, because some series change over time, and the recent ones aren't necessarily as good as the old ones, you know? That's how I feel about Bleach, at least.

I have One Piece, Sailor Moon, Yotsuba, Hetalia, Bleach, Fruits Basket, and Pokémon on my bookshelf...but the only ones I read often are One Piece and Yotsuba (hilarious). The others are from when I was a bit younger. Oh! I also have Azumanga Daioh.

But all the books I've purchased/read recently have been novels, not manga. :P

heh heh awww~

whats your favorite version of pokemon?

Version? Like, my favourite main-series game?

I've only played 3, but I really loved Pokémon Black. (My second game)