Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Sunset Shimmer?

AltoPony

I have often wondered the same, but I do not expect Sunset to return to Equestria, because she already has a home and new friends in the human world. That and she kinda failed Celestia, so she wouldn't exactly be welcomed back. I'm sorry, but with all the facts taken in I just don't see it happening. 

I would like to see an episode with Sunset Shimmer going back to Equestria and hanging out in Ponyville with Twilight and her friends as well as talking to Princess Celestia again. That would be nice considering Princess Celestia still seems to care about Sunset Shimmer.

Do you think we will ever end up seeing Sunset Shimmer go back to Equestria? I would really enjoy seeing her becoming a regular on the show.

I really think she will come to equestria and be part of the mane 6 especially after what happened in rainbow rocks!... or I hope she does... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, in the human world, she is sort of like the new Twilight. You can really remove her from her role in the EG universe for more than one episode. However, if they DO make a single episode of Sunset returning, maybe to make amends with Celestia, I would certainly APPROVE!

• Brohoof 1

I have often wondered the same, but I do not expect Sunset to return to Equestria, because she already has a home and new friends in the human world. That and she kinda failed Celestia, so she wouldn't exactly be welcomed back. I'm sorry, but with all the facts taken in I just don't see it happening. 

Perhaps with the rest of the royal staff, but Celestia asked with concern about Sunset Shimmer after Twilight returned to Equestria in the first EG, so, I don't see her being totally rejected.

I'm not sure if Sunset will return to Equestria, at least not soon. If she does so, I hope it's to make amends, and later return to the human world, as I see her better adapted to it.

PD: I would love to see what became of the Sunset Shimmer native to the human world :P   

Having an episode with Sunset Shimmer in Equestria is something I want so, SO much, but is also something that will probably not happen. From what I understand, FIM is supposed to be able to stand on its own and be completely understandable if one hasn't seen EG. Having SS in the show would disrupt this, as there'd be no easy way to explain her presence without sharing EG backstory ... But perhaps I am wrong.

I really do wish it could happen though. I've grown to adore Sunset Shimmer. I do not see Celestia's acceptance of her as a potential issue; I've no doubt she would heartily welcome her back.

Having an episode with Sunset Shimmer in Equestria is something I want so, SO much, but is also something that will probably not happen. From what I understand, FIM is supposed to be able to stand on its own and be completely understandable if one hasn't seen EG. Having SS in the show would disrupt this, as there'd be no easy way to explain her presence without sharing EG backstory ... But perhaps I am wrong.

I really do wish it could happen though. I've grown to adore Sunset Shimmer. I do not see Celestia's acceptance of her as a potential issue; I've no doubt she would heartily welcome her back.

Agreed. Still, wanting her to come into the actual show!

Sadly, I don't think we will see Sunset in Equestria again. I think she is a permanent Equestria Girl now.

Doesn't mean I don't want see her back with the ponies. I actually wish she would be a main character in the show.

Well, if the Sunset Shimmer we know would return it would really only be as a cameo. As the fellow above me said I doubt there's any intention to really connect FiM and EqG out of the latter's B-canon status, so I'd say a cameo is about all we get.

Of course there is the case of a human Sunset somewhere...

I'd enjoy seeing Sunset Shimmer in Equestria again, but I don't think it will happen. She could have gone back with Twilight at the end of the first movie, but she chose to stay in the human world. She's already got a home there, a good life, and probably even a better reputation on Earth than in Equestria. I think she's happier among humans than ponies.

Even better, what if the mane six switched places with the girls from the EG world? 

Imagine, Human AJ and Human Pinkie Pie in equestria... And Human Rarity freaking out over Pony Fashion...

WHAT? Sunset wouldn't be welcomed back? REALLY? In spite of Celestia outright saying, in the movie, that she had hoped Sunset would return? In spite of Celestia asking whether Twilight was ok, when she returned to Equestria, but asking "Is Sunset Shimmer alright?" ,as soon as she saw that Sunny didn't come back, after Twilight came back?

WHAT? Sunset wouldn't be welcomed back? REALLY? In spite of Celestia outright saying, in the movie, that she had hoped Sunset would return? In spite of Celestia asking whether Twilight was ok, when she returned to Equestria, but asking "Is Sunset Shimmer alright?" ,as soon as she saw that Sunny didn't come back, after Twilight came back?

So in regards to whomever stated that Sunny wasn't banished, I never said she was banished from Equestria. Cellie kicked her out of Canterlot and as her student, which in turn probably sent Sunset Shimmer down her path of self destruction and corruption. 

Just like when Horus Lupercal was struck with the Kinebrach Anatheme, he had his own doubts, however small. I know that Sunset Shimmer was a brash and rude pony, but I feel that if she hadn't been banished, she wouldn't have become as big of a villain, because in her eyes, the emperor (Celestia) had turned on her, and the only way to accomplish what she felt she had to do, in her case was learn all of the magicks, whether forbidden or not was to dethrone Celestia and take over Equestria. 

I could see her visiting, but not staying. She's too attached to the Equestria Girls universe. Also, with the spin-off Equestria Academy on the way, she may not have the time.

I don't think she'll go back, mainly because the creators are quite intent on keeping EQG and the series itself separated, so that one can view the series without needing to see the movies.

She might return to Equestria at the end of the EQG movie series, but I doubt she'll ever appear on the show, except possibly in the final episode.

• 4 weeks later...

that would be a very good plot to a new eqg, they could make it so that one of there enemies go and switch them up and so it will be about them trying to reconcile with turning human and pony and then find a way to get ponies to believe that they are not who they think they are... cool! i have come up with a non stupid idea! :pinkie:   

hello i am back to this subject that i have been pondering about