Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?

Ryzu

i listen to dark/grim music and draw or read creepypasta

but sometimes i will read cheesy love storys just cause they are cute and cheer me up XD

but i am quite embaressed to tell people i read love storys XD

• Brohoof 2

Wandering around on the internets, tumblr and here, mostly. Listening to music also. This stuff helps for the moment, at least

Venting:

Scrolling through tumblr makes me laugh or smile, also going on here sometimes makes me feel happy again, but not always. 

I try to avoid talking to anyone, sadly even ignoring messages or turning off skype, I don't want to bring anyone else down by seeming negative. I know there are a ton of people that express their negative or depressive feelings on here, especially status updates, and I can respect that- being open about feelings. But I wouldn't do that personally, I bottle up my own feelings instead of finding anyone to talk about it with. It's also hard for me to be serious with any of my friends on here, since even though its in my personality to be serious, I've built up a sort of persona on here of being silly 90% of the time and I don't want to disturb my friends changing attitude to rant about my problems or get advice I probably won't get anything out of anyways. Yay venting on random topics!

• Brohoof 2

Scrolling through tumblr makes me laugh or smile, also going on here sometimes makes me feel happy again, but not always. 

I try to avoid talking to anyone, sadly even ignoring messages or turning off skype, I don't want to bring anyone else down by seeming negative. I know there are a ton of people that express their negative or depressive feelings on here, especially status updates, and I can respect that- being open about feelings. But I wouldn't do that personally, I bottle up my own feelings instead of finding anyone to talk about it with. It's also hard for me to be serious with any of my friends on here, since even though its in my personality to be serious, I've built up a sort of persona on here of being silly 90% of the time and I don't want to disturb my friends changing attitude to rant about my problems or get advice I probably won't get anything out of anyways. Yay venting on random topics!

I'm always open though- remember that I constantly am helping in the life advice section. It's what makes me happy. If you need any help with anything please contact me.

• Brohoof 1

its simple.... I don't... because I can't.....

when I get depressed I get stuck like that for hours.... nothing I can do to feel happy again except wait it out....

Well here's an entire thread for things you can try- I hope you can make yourself feel better soon! Don't give up!

Don't give up!

I already have.... long ago.... one thing you should know about me is I suffer from depression and a lot of other members know that already, from me telling them or just hinting off of my deep posts....

heart has been broken too many times.... its just something that sticks to you...

but don't worry about me I'm fine...

I already have.... long ago.... one thing you should know about me is I suffer from depression and a lot of other members know that already, from me telling them or just hinting off of my deep posts....

heart has been broken too many times.... its just something that sticks to you...

but don't worry about me I'm fine...

Well I am worried and there is always a way. If not you or I make one. The girl I loved committed suicide, and I found a way to move forward. Plus there's the million terrible things I did before I was reformed that haunt me forever but I found a way to be happy, although not a single therapist or social worker was ever able to help me- I had to make my own method to solve the problem.

Well I am worried and there is always a way. If not you or I make one. The girl I loved committed suicide, and I found a way to move forward. Plus there's the million terrible things I did before I was reformed that haunt me forever but I found a way to be happy, although not a single therapist or social worker was ever able to help me- I had to make my own method to solve the problem.

I pity your loss lad.... you and I are pretty similar we have gone through tough times but we wish to aid those also going through tough times.... well met.... I also help those who are in need by giving them advice from personal experience....

but this isn't the place to be chatting.... I don't want to get in trouble with the mods again... so I will see you around

Edited by Chrome and Snowflake
  • Brohoof 1

One other thing that has cheered me up lately is this guy:

tumblr_lpqkbcJQeu1qe72bwo1_r1_500.gif

He goes by Takeru, and he's my hero. I know, I know... I swore off on heroes after the incident with PelleK. This is different because well... this guy has depersonalization disorder, arrhythmia and panic attacks, yet he's always so strong, confident and positive through all of it. I don't know how he does it either. It inspires me to be a better person and to want to overcome my problems with anxiety all because of this one guy. He's just really amazing, okay? ;o;

So yeah... one thing that can really cheer me up the most is my hero. <3

• Brohoof 1

Personally, i have been mistrusting of other people irl. I was promised many things in my life that i didn't get, and also shown must disrespect. So now i have decided to make them hold to that promise by doing what pinkie does, that way they can't back out. That way i know if they will commit to they're promises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzLX53Y9Mh0

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

I just listen to Viva la Vida by Coldplay and i'm instantly happy again.  :D

This image 

OtwrLkz.jpg

When I really feel sad, I just talk sense into myself. I shouldn't be some sorry little sap who just mopes around and feels sorry for himself but instead take the reins and fix my problems and crush adversities! 

• Brohoof 2

MLP, Child of Light, religious music, cute animal pictures, and other positive things/shows/music/art/etc is what succeeds in making me feel better on a deeper level. 

However, I also often listen to angry and hateful music, or watch extremely violent movies and play extremely violent video games. They don't make me feel happy but, unless I'm highly mistaken, they help work off a lot of my anger. These often increase my anger at first but after extended periods of time my anger just runs out of energy. The less powerful it is, the easier it is to control my life decisions.

• Brohoof 1

I talk to my best friend, my girlfriend, listen to music or watch funny videos. ^^ But I'm not blue too often so it's nothing I have to do too often.

I mean, my friends themselves make me really happy, and gf even more so. <3

• Brohoof 2

See the thing is, I feel blue whenever I'm having a school related... things (Exam, Quiz, Finals)

How do I shift my mood? I do ANYTHING that isn't studying

Which is why my grades aren't too good XD

• Brohoof 1

See the thing is, I feel blue whenever I'm having a school related... things (Exam, Quiz, Finals)

How do I shift my mood? I do ANYTHING that isn't studying

Which is why my grades aren't too good XD

Haha, I feel ya there! My school is apparently harder than college says most graduates :blink: it's #2 in the nation. They literally told us to choose 2 of these 3 - Social Life, Sleep, or Grades. That just isn't right.

Haha, I feel ya there! My school is apparently harder than college says most graduates :blink: it's #2 in the nation. They literally told us to choose 2 of these 3 - Social Life, Sleep, or Grades. That just isn't right.

Well, my mind and body chose 50% Sleep and 35-15 Social Life and Sleep.

Even when at 7.30 PST today is my Engr Finals, I only spend time making notes (2 8.5x11 Front Back is a lot) and making step by step how to finish the problems.

• Brohoof 1