Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you keep a journal?

RheanbowDash

I used to when I was in middle school. 

I want to start another one, but i'm not exactly sure what I would write in it.

• Brohoof 1

Yesss. I'm writing my problems and goals to it.

It's doing two things:

- I can focus on one problem and forget about others for time. I can return to each of them at any moment.

- I get history of my life. I can to know what I done in different periods.

I'm calling it "Quest Journal" like in role playing video game, cus I got idea from TES3: Morrowind 7 years ago.

img-3566127-1-The-Elder-Scrolls-III-Morr

Of course, I know, that I can to use electronic services and different software, but I like to write and draw schemes in paper A6 notebook with hard cover.

Do you keep a personal journal or diary? What do you write about, and how do you start off? Some people write stories, some confide in it, and some write about dreams! What about you guys?

So, what about you? Do you keep a diary?

Edited by Cryptic Script
  • Brohoof 1

Yes. I have one on livejournal. I mostly use it for fangirling over Duckie, along with others. However, I do try to post more serious stuff like what's on my mind, what I did that day... stuff like that. It's really the only journal I keep to be honest. I've tried keeping a personal one many times, but I keep forgetting to update it.

• Brohoof 1

I did, but the last entry is from July 30 2014. I intended to write in it daily but I usually don't manage to do so for more than a few days at a time. I began doing something like this in 2008 when I was quite emo and just wanted to rant about stuff constantly. At that time I didn't include the year, and I never used real names. The final entry in that log, I think, is from when my mom died.

After reading my mom's old diaries I decided to write one as well, and I began a new file in which I use real names and full dates. My writing is also much less whining in that one, although it contains its fair share of bitching. I usually just write about events of that day and my thoughts on them, but I tend to go on long tangents and describe tons of information no one but me would ever understand. I even developed a code for use within the log if I want to write down something no one can ever find out. It involves nothing but security through obscurity, but hey. It's just a diary (which I call a log).

Having seen this topic, I think I'll write another entry.

• Brohoof 2

For the longest time, I didn't have one.  I didn't know what to write in it, but now I do have one.  I use it to confide in, so I can keep track of my transition/how I'm doing over the years.

• Brohoof 2

I have kept a journal since 1996, and it is still going yes I know thats a long time even for me. I write about everything from everyday events to awesome people I've meet, to life events. I usally write like I am talking to somepony, and it works out just fine.

• Brohoof 1

I do not keep a journal. I have nothing against and I do kind of wish I did but at the end of the day I'm just too lazy to do it. In the time I have to jot down a journal entry I much rather watch something or play a game.

• Brohoof 1

I've been trying the pony hypnosis files at hypnoponies so I keep a hypnosis journal, and I also have a journal where I write down really weird dreams I have :3

• Brohoof 1

I keep a dream journal to aid in dream recall, a fundamental prerequisite for successful lucid dreaming at will. However, I've been distracted with many problems and other events in my life so I haven't updated it in like 8 months.

Other than that, the closest things I have to any kind of journal are two of my blogs here: my general blog and my dreaming blog.

• Brohoof 1

Yes i keep many journals

i have one for my dreams :3 so i can look back and just laugh at how messed up my dreams are XD

i also have a shiiping journal were i write down some ideas for ships and alsoa bit of doodling

i also have one i just keep when i need to vent

...but at the end of the day I'm just too lazy to do it...

You have no need to do it every day.

I'm filling my only when something important is happening. I do not want write how I eat oats at breakfast.

Edited by Cryptic Script
  • Brohoof 1

I used to keep a journal during my time in school. Wrote out my daily thoughts and how I felt the classes had gone, as well as the attitude of the teachers that day. Used to be terrified one of the teachers I didn't like would confiscate it and see my rather.. colourful thoughts on them. :please:  Thankfully that never happened. I stopped using it in my final year and haven't really thought of starting up another one. I just keep my thoughts in my head now.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, I used to keep journals but have not been writing in them so much anymore. They had different things in them, like feelings and thoughts about things that happened, venting, quotes, song lyrics I wrote..now I mostly use a blog but only update it when something really important happens.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I never kept a real journal with the details of my personal thoughts. That seems like a gold-plated invitation for nosey people to sneak a peek and hold it over me for the rest of my days. But I do have what I call a 'Happy Diary' which is nothing but a list of the three or four best things that happened each day; not details, just headings, and nothing negative. I started doing this when I was a teen as a way of reminding me of the good things when I got depressed. It's got to be a habit and I still keep one today. 

• 3 months later...

I keep a journal, though I haven't been very consistent in writing in it for the last couple years. As a teen, I think I went almost four years with hardly missing a day. Then I let myself get out of habit. :twismile: I usually just write about the events of the day or week and my feelings about some of them.

Ish. If a bunch of memos and photos are considered one, then yes. I take notes of what I did in case I needed to go back because my memory is terrible and I’m very particular of the date I took the photos and memos.