Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Two male background characters story of friendship (or more?)

Buck Testa

Recently rewatched Rainbow Rocks as well as some scenes from Equestria girls and my eyes caught a certain pair of background characters who seem to be having a budding friendship or shipping fuel but I digress.

The scenes I've spotted them are as follows. 

During the tail end of Equestria girls when they were cleaning up the gym a Certain brown haired teen with a heart inside a division mark (divided by love maybe?) was fixing a light on a ladder when it started to wobble. A taller blue haired fella shows up and saves him from falling 

qCxoHS.gif

I don't recall them interacting before this point (could be wrong though I didn't rewatch Equestria girls just some scenes) so it could be inferred that they become friends after this point. What do we know about them? Well short hand character design tells us the brown haired kid is he seems to be the shy geeky sort. He's got a white collared shirt, a bow tie, bowl cut hairstyle, rolled up jeans, and a small frame, all indicating he is not exactly the type to be in athletics and could possibly enjoy a round of Dungeons and Dragons. While this would be a stereotype in real life, in fiction visual cues like this helps tell something about the character in a short period of time. By contrast you got the blue haired guy, messy curly hair, tight tee shirt, pants that compliment his legs, something that conveys to me a casual nice looking Jock character. He also seems the friendly sort as he saved the brown haired kid from getting injured and gives him a reassuring thumbs up. Maybe our tornado shirted individual was watching out for mister heart shirt and saw an opportunity to say hi?

Oh and Twi's expression when she saw that little moment pretty much mirrors my own

Iseethatship_zpskrwlqvm1.jpg

Next time I saw them together was in Rainbow rocks during the "Better than ever" song. 

52HPEn.gif

So the heart kid is still wearing those pony ears when its knocked off and plops right on the others head. I love the little beat where they are like "what just happened?" before they start laughing. They were just going about their day and poof spontaneous interaction moment. they are a bit awkward around each other but they seem to like the company none the less. Its not like they don't have other friends either, Bowtie was talking with a girl a few seconds earlier in the song, but she didn't elicit these kinds of reactions out of him. Perhaps He's helping our curly haired friend with his schoolwork? They were both looking at this book he has before random ear switch happened. Yet something seemed to of happen in the background during the course of the movie, because although they've met at the gym and established a connection they weren't all that touchy with one another. Even in this shot while they are close its also has an almost nervous vibe to it. 

This is different at the end of Rainbow rocks though 

mPnzQy.gif

Arms locked around each other, swaying to the music, no other person in the frame is touching except for them, they are just rocking to the music without a care in the world. Infer out of that what you will, be it best buds or something more, but its an interesting little side story going on in the background that makes me real curious as to what is going to happen with them next. 

just saying though, if Lyra and bon bon are canon after touching cheeks, these two are practically married :wub:

• Brohoof 5

YES, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED THIS!

I love when DHX hides things like this.

Oh, and for the record I think they're just friends and nothing more.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt that the animators had such intentions in regards to these two male characters. Granted it's possible with Lyra and Sundrops, but these I would garner are just lifelong friends.

Nothing more. :)

YES, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICED THIS!

I love when DHX hides things like this.

Oh, and for the record I think they're just friends and nothing more.

I doubt that the animators had such intentions in regards to these two male characters. Granted it's possible with Lyra and Sundrops, but these I would garner are just lifelong friends.

Nothing more. :)

I'd be cool with that. Still going to ship it, but I'm more than happy with them just being buds though 

• Brohoof 2

So the name of the blue guy is Curly Winds??? If that guy has a pony counterpart, he would deffinately be a pegasus. Also, the bowler haired guy could be featherweight. In FIM, he doesn't have his cutie mark yet. however, just because pony Featherweight hasn't figured out who he is yet, the same might not be true for his human counterpart. Especially since this brown haired human seems to be older (much like with the human CMC).
So the name of the blue guy is Curly Winds??? If that guy has a pony counterpart, he would deffinately be a pegasus. Also, the bowler haired guy could be featherweight. In FIM, he doesn't have his cutie mark yet. however, just because pony Featherweight hasn't figured out who he is yet, the same might not be true for his human counterpart. Especially since this brown haired human seems to be older (much like with the human CMC).

• 1 year later...

Also, the bowler haired guy could be featherweight. In FIM, he doesn't have his cutie mark yet. 

Featherweight DID get his cutie mark, it's a feather. I think that it was in the episode with where the CMCs join the school newspaper.

Well if Lyra and Bon Bon can get shipped together for just standing next to each other than in the main series, then I guess the same can be applied to others in the EQG series.

But to be honest, Mystery Mint is the only background human that I actually really like. And I am much more interested in her than those two.

full.png

• Brohoof 1

Now this is good information to show to Jeremy Whitley about the controversial topic he'd thought up. Hopefully things will get calmer from here.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

Now this is good information to show to Jeremy Whitley about the controversial topic he'd thought up. Hopefully things will get calmer from here.

Yes I could see how he was being controversial.

I mean Flutterdash hasn't been a thing for SEASONS, why all of a sudden go back to that? FlutterHugger would make a whole lot more sense. :3 

• Brohoof 1

Yes I could see how he was being controversial.

I mean Flutterdash hasn't been a thing for SEASONS, why all of a sudden go back to that? FlutterHugger would make a whole lot more sense. :3 

The thing that bothers is that most of the ponies from Equestria Daily comment section are going nuts on Jeremy's topic. I don't think there would be any negative impacts to the community because of all this hullabaloo so I'm certain there's nothing to worry about as long as these kind of topics are handled correctly. Besides, why make a fuss all of the sudden even after Lyra x Bon Bon became a thing? I dunno.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

download.jpeg.d24e9945e35f85dac8e300b02bf45639.jpeg

I've also noticed this, don't think they just friends thou coz I've been watching the mini series and they did a Christmas gift swap with each other and they were hugging and blushing it was after that I started noticing them in the movies as well I think as time went by it developed more into a relationship as the storyline is a continuation of the previous one and in each story they are getting closer granted I don't watch them in order but I looked at the timeline. Oh and Mr tornado is called Curly winds and the geek kid with the heartbeat is Wizkid.  And in sunset shimmer backstage pass they can be seen holding hands getting chiros. 

• 7 months later...