Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions Support tickets

Dulset Tarn
Go to solution Solved by Simon,

I would like to request that my support tickets never be marked as "resolved" without my consent, please.

3 out of 3 tickets "mistakenly" marked resolved despite obviously not being resolved, I believe, is more than enough reason to just wait for my consent, thank you.

That's not how the ticket system works, or for that matter how any businesses support ticket system works... 

For technical issues, tickets are marked resolved once our development team has been made aware of the issue so that it can be worked on.  We don't have the resources to fix every technical issue immediately, so leaving every ticket open indefinitely while issues are worked on simply isn't feasible.  We respond to the person's concerns, explain that our developers are working on the issue and close the report.  Then the matter is put into our technical queue and triage'd appropriately.

For disputes, matters are marked resolved when the administrators have reached a decision on the dispute.  Again, we have a limited staff and it's not feasible to allow every dispute to go on indefinitely.  Just like any other appeals system, once a decision is rendered on the dispute, the matter is closed unless there's new evidence to consider.  Because of this, I highly recommend you submit anything you have to say and any evidence you have to go along with the dispute at once so that all the relevant information can be considered in the dispute.

To put it another way, any time there is no longer any information needed from the individual who filed the ticket, it will be closed.  This is a staff determination, not a determination made by the person filing the ticket. 

Now all that being said, if a ticket is ever genuinely closed prematurely by accident, you are more than welcome to open up a new ticket.  For example, if a technical support ticket is closed with the staff telling you the problem has been resolved and you are still experiencing the issue, please open up a new ticket to let us know as there may be something we overlooked.

• Brohoof 3

For disputes, matters are marked resolved when the administrators have reached a decision on the dispute.

The point of a dispute is that the admins already have made a decision, and that decision is being disputed by the user. The dispute is two-sided, the user tries to demonstrate the decision was unwarranted, and the admin is charged with convincing that user that the ruling was not incorrect. An admin cannot close down the dispute as "resolved" simply because they've decided they don't want to bother.

In fact, for all three of my disputes, I was the one asking for evidence and explanation (I never got any). Can you think of any reason why such disputes would be so consistently rendered "resolved" without my consent?

The point of a dispute is that the admins already have made a decision, and that decision is being disputed by the user

The point of a dispute is that the Moderation Team has made and carried out a decision that a member disagrees with, and the community leaders (the Admins) review the dispute to ensure that the Moderation Team interpreted the rule(s) correctly. If a determination was made that Moderation acted appropriately then the situation can be resolved without the consent of the member filing the dispute. That is the process and how it is applied and how it will continue to be applied. As pointed out previously, the process has led to a reconsideration of the action taken. It works. 

@Dulset Tarn, your question regarding policy has been completely and fully answered, as this is not the venue for discussion of process, at this time I will be closing our the question. Site Questions and Technical Support is not the Forum for suggesting an alternative policy. You are more than welcome to open a Feedback Topic, however the answer I indicated above would remain our reply. 

• Brohoof 1