Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler 100th Episode - How will fans react?

Meanlucario

Many of us know about the 100th episode treat, that the background charters will their own episode, and it makes me ask something: How will the fandom react? We all know that many of our headcanons will be destroyed, and I would like to heard from more experienced bronies, since I only been a brony for a few months and wasn't there during the Derpy incident or Twilight becoming an alicorn. All that I know about these events are from My Little Brony, and they are more opinions of a few than of the whole. So, what is your prediction? How will the fandom react?

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, it would be awesome if they did take some ques from fan stuff and based the episode around that, of course...for say...vinyl scratch, they couldn't go too far with it. But, it will still be cool for me to see what the writer(s) do with them, I honestly can't wait

• Brohoof 1

@@Meanlucario

Just to let you know I edited the title of your topic to better reflect your OP. There have been a few threads based on the 100th episodes recently and I wanted to make sure people knew what this one is about compared to the others.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 1

Hopefully good because I hope its good and tries to stick to some prevalent headcanons. I know theyve got restrictions so I wont be mad if they leave out some. But Im not foolish, I know some people will still get hurtmad.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a new Brony myself so I also missed out on all of that stuff. I do love the background characters a lot in this show but for a 100th episode? With it being such a milestone episode it should be featuring the Mane 6 in my opinion. Or at least maybe have a episode on the other princesses to explain their past a bit more, anything like that to help explain more of the past in Equastria to add to the story a little more. 

Either way I'm sure I will love the episode. I know there will be a mixed reaction but I'll be happy either way honestly.  :grin2:

• Brohoof 1

At the moment I just groan at the idea, it doesn't feel like something worth the 100th episode title. I imagine there will be two camps when it comes to this episode, one will like it because "OMG DERPY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!", and one side will hate it because "how dare you mess with my unofficial canon!" or "I'm sick and tired of background ponies". I think I might be on the latter camp. 

• Brohoof 4

There's no doubt in my mind that it will be a divisive episode. How divisive depends on what they do with it, but regardless, someone's headcanon is going to be gone against, and people will get upset over that. Personally, I don't understand the hub-bub about headcanons in the first place, given that the show always takes precedence over them, but then again, I don't make too many headcanons to begin with.  :please: 

• Brohoof 3

@@Meanlucario

Just to let you know I edited the title of your topic to better reflect your OP. There have been a few threads based on the 100th episodes recently and I wanted to make sure people knew what this one is about compared to the others.

Thanks. :)

Thanks for editing my title.

• Brohoof 1

There'll be 3 main reactions...

1. Those whom his head canon fading away: Angry

2. Those whom his head canon becomes oficial canon: Overjoy

3. Those whom doesn't really matter, and just enjoy the show and the fandom the way they are: As happy as alway.

Edited by Maw
  • Brohoof 2

I'm actually a tad pessimistic about this episode because I think the fandom will love it, because I fear it could over do it with the pandering.

Hopefully they just did something neutral that was still fun that doesn't really delve deeply into any of these characters.

• Brohoof 2

Hopefully good because I hope its good and tries to stick to some prevalent headcanons. I know theyve got restrictions so I wont be mad if they leave out some. But Im not foolish, I know some people will still get hurtmad.

Don't worry, the writers will stick to SOME headcanons, but I don't expect them to nod to shippings, nor Dinky being Derp's kid 

Regardless, from my experience, we will get vocal rants, and since we are touching a holy property, the rants will be worse than Flash Sentry  :unsure:

• Brohoof 3

It'll undoubtedly be a very divisive episode, you'll have people who will either love it or hate it, no matter what happens in it

• Brohoof 1

I'm hoping for Lyra (a.k.a. best pony) to get most, if not all her fanon traits incoperated into the show with the fanon of other ponies too. But just in case i'm going to watching the episode in one of these:

ElectricChair.jpg

this is to ensure the protection of my phone, keyboard and family from being destroyed by a baseball bat!

• Brohoof 1

Don't worry, the writers will stick to SOME headcanons, but I don't expect them to nod to shippings, nor Dinky being Derp's kid 

Regardless, from my experience, we will get vocal rants, and since we are touching a holy property, the rants will be worse than Flash Sentry  :unsure:

Tavi had one line in RR and it didn't meet the standards and we know how that went down.

And they obviously can't get Nowacking for Vinyl should she make an appearance for obvious reasons, so there's going to be hate on that we already know.

• Brohoof 1

I bet the witters are spending a lot of time on the episode because if they mess it up then the fandom will be pretty ticked off. I believe that the witters love the characters as much as we do and it is their creation and we just kind of added their personalities, so we really can't be mad at them. -_-   I'm sure they will stick to the traits we gave them. Well vinyl not so much because it looks like they made her mute in the EG:RR movie but that's in another wold. I've been in the fandom for a long time now (not since the beginning though) and if one thing is for sure it that the witters always finds a way to either top expectations, falls sort, or totally runes the experience. In other words, anything can happen. I just hope they bring back Drepy and give her more lines. Soccer moms back off. :okiedokielokie:   I have confidence in the witters, but just in case brace your self.

• Brohoof 2

Rabid Fans: GRAAAAH,THAT'S NOT WHAT THEY ACT LIKE. SHOW IS RUINED FOREVER

New/level-headed Fans: That's cute

No matter what happens, there's going to be an uproar in the fandom, so brace yourselves for some backlash

• Brohoof 2