Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler 100th Episode - How will fans react?

Meanlucario

Yeah well...Just like I said that before: "it's just an one-time episode. The headcanons/fanfics/fannons will NOT be destroyed"

Though, I don't expect they'll confirm some of them either, like shippings, or Dinky being Derpy's kid

I'm just gonna predict right now that the fans are going to react terribly to the episode.

Yeah, I can see that coming too. I have average expectations to be honest, I'm looking forward the freak out that it'll be the worst episode ever because some of those characters weren't portrayed exactly as the fandom do  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Fanfics will be destroyed by flame and all headcannons will diminish. The fandom as we know it will start an uprising and a civil war will emerge. All jokes aside, I'm sure their will be some controversy over the episode. Let's see what happens. :P

There is going to be a truly huge amount of rage from certain segments of the fandom if any little thing in the 100th episode doesn't jive with what is generally accepted by fans in their collective headcanon.

The way I see it, MLP is the producers' sandbox, so they can do with it what they want. The fact that they're doing an episode on the background ponies at all is a nod to the fans. As to what they do with it, that's up to them. When it comes to the oh-so-hurt fans, well, I'll probably be trolling them for laughs, honestly, if they're going to get themselves that worked up.

I might just do that as well if they're really going to act that stupid.

Fanfics will be destroyed by flame and all headcannons will diminish. The fandom as we know it will start an uprising and a civil war will emerge. All jokes aside, I'm sure their will be some controversy over the episode. Let's see what happens. :P

Calm down! It's just an one-time episode! All the headcanons will NOT be destroyed. Plus, there won't be an uprising and a civil war as well as a controversy over the 100th episode too! Well, in the words of Dr. Evil: "Sommar, you just DON'T get it, do ya?"

Calm down! It's just an one-time episode! All the headcanons will NOT be destroyed. Plus, there won't be an uprising and a civil war as well as a controversy over the 100th episode too! Well, in the words of Dr. Evil: "Sommar, you just DON'T get it, do ya?"

I was joking silly. I know there won't be a civil war or anything bad. I think the large majority of the fandom will certainly enjoy the episode. :D

• Brohoof 1

What was exactly wrong with the Canterlot wedding?

Many fans had a bad first impression because at first glance, seemed like a fairy tale wedding. Good guy, another alicorn princess AND PINK.... feelings that mostly died down after the actual airing  ;)

I think people will like it but there will be a minority that will not like certain things about the new episode because they didn't see a certain background pony or they didn't like their voices or personality.

I think certain headcannons will come true only because there are still kids who watch this and they also can't copyright (ex: doctor whooves). So only certain background ponies will get to be close to how the fandom portrays them (ex: Vinyl Scratch, Derpy)

I don't have a particular somepony in mind, but I want the voices to be similar

Something I can't help but hope for is the fact that they may get more lines in future episodes. Now that they've established voices

I think people will like it but there will be a minority that will not like certain things about the new episode because they didn't see a certain background pony or they didn't like their voices or personality.

Yeah, but we know how vocal that minority can be if we look back at Twilicorn, EG and Flash Sentry  :comeatus:

tumblr_mc96viVw0T1rrkgt3o1_500.gif

I think many will act rather positive towards it, but I think many others will be a little bit grudgy since their theories and fanfics are about to be disproved (if they go a bit into character depth with the background characters). 

• Brohoof 1

I think the episode is going to just focus on the wedding being rushed and not so much on the ponies personal lives, so i don't see anypony getting to mad with the episode for destroying their headcanons! Now if you excuse me, i have to go prepare my LyraBon and Sweetie Mash art work. I have 10 days before the episode and i refuse to let these ships die after it!

• Brohoof 2

I think the episode is going to just focus on the wedding being rushed and not so much on the ponies personal lives, so i don't see anypony getting to mad with the episode for destroying their headcanons! Now if you excuse me, i have to go prepare my LyraBon and Sweetie Mash art work. I have 10 days before the episode and i refuse to let these ships die after it!

Yeah, it's possible the focus towards many characters will be kept at a minimum in order to keep those headcanons open. But there will be one or two headcanons destroyed and it's enough to rage those sectors of the fandom 

The community will be destroyed and there will be arguing about fanons being destroyed by Hasbro's greedy ways. It would be better if Hasbro sold MLP to Lauren Faust.

Yeah, it's possible the focus towards many characters will be kept at a minimum in order to keep those headcanons open. But there will be one or two headcanons destroyed and it's enough to rage those sectors of the fandom 

Calm down! It's NOT the end of the fannons. BUT after all, it's JUST an one-time 100th episode! And according to a Facebook user named Jethro Moreno, he said that "the fandom will be very much alive when this episode comes out". And I'm gonna say this again: All the headcanons on this show will NOT be destroyed! I mean I don't mind Twilicorn and the EG franchise.

Why does a fan-canon have to be destroyed just because it conflicts with canon? I mean even though the FIENDship is Magic comic pretty much destroyed my headcanon of a Sombra & Grogar thing, it doesn't mean I can't really play with it from time to time. Granted I go with the canon explanation, but still...

In any case, think of things with an open mind. No headcanon has to be axed, IMO. :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Is it just me or did they recolored Button because of the JanAnimations C&D problem? Or maybe they recolored him because of the JanAnimations C&D conflict? I mean when I saw the preview on YouTube, I noticed the color change, too! Gosh Darn It Hasbro! I mean look at them, the MLP characters are used all the time in fanimations. The only way to get the C&D lifted is to send a letter to Hasbro (the reason why because I'm planning to send this letter).

post-32169-0-89662800-1433391063_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 2

Well it's a big milestone for the show, so obviously this gives the fans a reason to celebrate :) Of course how big the celebration will be depends on whether the episode is good or not ^_^ Let's hope for a milestone worthy experience my friends :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

I personally was never a shipper or anything, I kinda just hope for things but don't really care beyond that so I think I'll enjoy it no matter what. I generally enjoy most of them.