Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler 100th Episode - How will fans react?

Meanlucario

Seriously about Button Mash...Why would Hasbro recolor a character (I meant Button) in the first place?!?

Yeah, that's curious, Button Mash is theirs the recolor should have been inverse. Then again, I've never watched the fan animations, so, I'm not the most knowledable  in the matter

The vocal minority is usually heard the most.

Let's just hope that nobody loses it because of their headcanons or whatever.

Let them shout and squeal, it's been a while since our last fandom drama  B)

(edited)

And speaking of, I think Hasbro should incorporate fanmade pony OCs into the show including Button's mom, that would be sooooo cool!

Edited by MAIKUN

I LOOOOOVE SweetieMash, but I'm 100% sure IF Hasbro made the ship canon. If they do it, then the whole fandom will burst into tears of joy ❤

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think it will be good having an episode dedicated to these characters that don't get much screen time.  There are ones like Derpy and Octavia that will be good to see, but I'm most excited to see Cranky and Matilda again (besides the one brief appearance in "Fillivanilli")

From what I heard, it's been said that the trailer revealed a bit too much about the upcoming episode, leaving not a lot to be surprised about. Call it a rumor at this point because I really don't know; I never watched the trailer and intentionally so.

I guess the reactions are going to depend on who watched the trailer and who didn't.

Y'know what: I'm NOT gonna watch the 100th episode, I rather watch episodes from 10 to 26 onwards!! Agreed guys?

I dunno; I think it'd be a shame to skip an episode that it seems like the staff put a lot of effort into. Really, I believe that the episode will be fun; nothing more, nothing less. I have no intentions of missing it; personally. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I dunno; I think it'd be a shame to skip an episode that it seems like the staff put a lot of effort into. Really, I believe that the episode will be fun; nothing more, nothing less. I have no intentions of missing it; personally. ;)

No offense but first thing, not the greatest wording there IMO,  it sort of has the implication that the staff doesn't put effort into the other episodes of the show.

And secondly there's a weird disconnect, at least for me, if it's meant to be just a fun episode, why hype it up and promote the horseapples out of it and treat it like a mini-celebration?  I mean I think you have the right idea, it's just hard for me I see it that way as much because of all the promotion and hype going on.

This episode would be controversial. I need a popcorn to watch the whole "fandom civil war" because a lot of people already dislike this ep before they watch this episode, everyone will argue, that the nature of fandom ;). Can M.A Larson create another controversial 22-minuted episode that tear fandom apart? Cant wait for "Slice of life" :)

• Brohoof 1

slice of life is a lot different than I would expected it to be. I thought there would be no real story and it would just be a completely random jumble of things all of the background and side characters do in their "slice of life" daily lives.

Like, cover the top 50 or so fan favorites or so. Although, from what I have seen- there is quite a lot to be enjoyed about it.

Octavia and Pon3 are now roommates as cannon. We don't know if they are related, just roommates or lesbian ponies, but we do know they are living together and their house is cut in half with both sides being designed to fit them and their personality.

Derpy's voice still has not returned to the mental disabled version, but this new one is cute. Dr. Whooves now has a brittish accent. There is a lot to be had in this episode. I actally welcome more in the future that do not revolve around the mane 6.

(edited)

So, how many theories/fanfics have been crushed?

LOL!! Well none of mine!! XDD

I'm perfectly satisfied (if a little bit tired after the bat$#!% insanity).

I had fun!! And that's exactly what this was for. This was just a gift made just for us. It made me laugh and I loved seeing all the references. I especially liked existential Gummy and the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment where Vinyl and Octavia literally "jump the shark" in the Wubmobile. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

LOL!! Well none of mine!! XDD

I'm perfectly satisfied (if a little bit tired after the bat$#!% insanity).

I had fun!! And that's exactly what this was for. This was just a gift made just for us. It made me laugh and I loved seeing all the references. I especially liked existential Gummy and the blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment where Vinyl and Octavia literally "jump the shark" in the Wubmobile. XD

I personally enjoy the changeling near the end, a ref for the changeling-in-Ponyville fics and OCs. I think I'll call him Phil.

I loved the changeling at the end, seeing Steven Magnet, seeing Zecora even though she didn't speak in this episode, seeing Luna and Celestia argue, seeing Cadance comfort Shining Armor, and seeing Derpy in all her cuteness!

• Brohoof 1

I loved the changeling at the end, seeing Steven Magnet, seeing Zecora even though she didn't speak in this episode, seeing Luna and Celestia argue, seeing Cadance comfort Shining Armor, and seeing Derpy in all her cuteness!

Well, her VA had plenty of lines as Matilda anyway  :comeatus: . I've never expected her to voice Sparkler though  :huh:

• Brohoof 1

All in all, the episode was pretty good, I especially liked the Doctor (as he was called in the credits) and Octavia having proper vices, as well as the Lebowski Pony (again from the credits). However, what they did to Derpy, especially with calling her Muffins (heck, even if they just sidestepped the whole thing and called her "grey pegasus" or "the one who messed up the invitations" it would have been better) and giving her the horrible VA. Although I'm just going to ignore that particular bit of canon, it still stings a little that they felt Derpygate was still such a huge deal that they had to go with the Tumblrina censored version.

Seems like the reactions were about as expected.  Many loved it, many are pissed, some are butthurt.  People hypocritcally want their headcanons confirmed, then when they are, they complain that it's nothing but pandering, fanservice sh*t.  It's not a book like A Song of Ice and Fire that's all been written beforehand.  There's nothing wrong with some fanservice, imo.