Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Listening to your own voice

PoisonClaw

125 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the sound of your own voice?

• Yes
    • No

I basically despise how my voice sounds. I think I sound like a dweeb, but that's just my opinion. Some others have said I sound cute but I'm just like "Hoooooooooow?". I mean, that's neat if others think that though. :P I don't know why, I just don't like my voice when I hear it recorded.

• Brohoof 3

I'm always genuinely surprised at the contrast of how my voice sounds comming out from my body vs on a recording/how other people hear it. I do like my voice either way though. :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I have a deep voice, and when I listen to say a voice message I left on the phone, it freaks me out. Most guys want deep voices and personally when I listen to mine I almost really wish I had a higher voice. ._.

But when I speak to other people, no recording involved, I'm still deep but it doesn't sound freakishly deep. It might just be phones and the like that make my voice sound so much deeper. Least I sure hope that's what it is.

Edited by Felix

When I first heard my own voice, it really didn't sound like what I had thought it had sounded like. I actually felt embarrassed how young it sounded, especially since people said I sounded like my mom.

Now, I am used to it.

here is a video I made back when I started my channel it was one of the first videos I made with my voice added in it.... I also have 's voice so yeah

back in 2013 I sound.... weird.... I also swore way too much and as for his voice sounds a lot higher pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U33rszY2cT8

and here is the most recent video I have made with  this is what my voice sound like around the time I was a Butterfly.... really no different from now....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwT9bQqXn4A

Now to answer your question... yes I love the sound of my own voice.... and I think it sounds better now when I record on my Kinect opposed to my Turtle Beach back then

Edited by Chrome and Snowflake

Well, I fell awful after listening to my voice in a recording. However, I can sometimes sound like Cristopher Lee, but otherwise when I'm not trying, I can sound awful in recordings.

• 2 years later...

I really hate it. As a kid, I didn't feel the same way, but hearing a recording of my voice as a teen was a shock to me. I had always thought my voice was more flexible and that I could sing decently. I guess I should be glad I found out the truth before making a fool of myself somehow. :P

• Brohoof 2

Like most people, I don't like the sound of my voice recorded because it doesn't sound the way I think it does when I hear myself speak. I don't know if I sound different because of the acoustics inside my own head, or if the recording equipment is inaccurate. I sound okay in video recordings, but just audio alone doesn't sound right. :pout:

• Brohoof 1

When I hear my voice not on a recording I think it sounds awesome and when I hear it on a recording it just sounds ok. Like disappointing almost. 

I mean many people have told me your voice sounds awesome this and go narrate that, but while I think it sounds ok, it does not sound as great as it does to me.