Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Listening to your own voice

PoisonClaw

125 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the sound of your own voice?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know..... I think I sound like a bogan but I've been told it's pretty good by some people. Pretty much picture the stereotypical Australian accent just with a little but less slang :lol:

When it comes to listening to recordings of myself, I actually like the sound of my voice. I'll occasionally get bored and record myself singing. 

The thing that I cringe at is how I speak, be it a conversation or presentation. I have no self-confidence and it really shows when I speak.

• 2 months later...

I personally never liked the sound of my own voice. Sometimes people say my voice is pretty low compared to most people but I'm not entirely sure on that.

(edited)

i'll vote no in this one,its just so weird and different when i hear my recorded voice,especially if its an old one,but generally i don't record my voice and rarely raise it enough to intrude on a video accidentaly so there's just not much to go with here

Edited by Lord Valtasar

Eh, I mean my voice sounds fine to me when I like, talk to myself or someone irl, but when I like record a video and I talk, and then I listen to the video replay itself, my voice sounds........ ugh, just bad :scoots:

Like, it sounds all nasally and crap, its so dumb cuz I don't actually sound like that irl, the dumb video camera makes me sound all weird and stuff :baconmane:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Mostly my voice is meh when I talk normally, 
but when I hear my voice played back it sounds so shit, and just deep, but not sexy deep, just deep

On 7/12/2018 at 6:26 PM, King of Canterlot said:

Eh, I mean my voice sounds fine to me when I like, talk to myself or someone irl, but when I like record a video and I talk, and then I listen to the video replay itself, my voice sounds........ ugh, just bad :scoots:

Like, it sounds all nasally and crap, its so dumb cuz I don't actually sound like that irl, the dumb video camera makes me sound all weird and stuff :baconmane:

I always loved your voice

• 5 months later...

Eh. I've been told I sound very young for my age, and I don't like that. I wish my voice would man up. x3

It doesn't help that I'm naturally a quiet person. I mumble a lot, and my throat hurts after talking for just a short time.

(edited)

I hate it. My voice is very scratchy, if that makes sense. Listening to it genuinely makes me cringe.

Edited by Cash_In

My voice is fine when I'm talking to people, 'cause I don't really notice how bad it is, unless it's in a quiet area. But it's really cringey when I hear it back in a recording.

I think I usually have a decent voice, and one of my friends insists that I have a great singing voice and that she sounds like a dying goat when she tries to sing. With recordings, though . . . It either sounds more childish or I otherwise can’t recognize myself. As of the latter, it’s like looking in the mirror.

I used to hate it but since I started becoming a voice actor when I was way younger since then I have started to learn to like my voice. I use it in different ways and I find it very fun to work with!