Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Listening to your own voice

PoisonClaw

125 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like the sound of your own voice?

• Yes
    • No

A bit of a mix. Once find it really surreal and distasteful, but now I just find it "Huh. Odd". I still have a mild dislike for it, but I kinda accept it I believe.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, when I listen to my own voice, I don't think it's all that bad. I mean, I mumble a lot, but it's not horribly noticeable to me.

But when I record my voice and listen to it playing back... dear god. I just want to be able to pronounce words correctly dammit. ;c;

• 2 years later...
(edited)

Like so many others I don't like my own voice as well. It's a good thing I don't need to listen to it very often

Edited by Astral Soul
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

oops im in the wrong topic :muffins:

for what i sent.

well :coco: since i know now i listening to my own voice well its my voice i i enjoy it :ButtercupLaugh:

Edited by Zay-Neel
mistaked LOL

Listening to my own voice was only weird in the beginning. Making Let's Play videos back then helped me to get used to it. :) It becomes a normal thing pretty quickly.

But I still don't enjoy talking, since most of the time it's not necessary, even meaningless. And boring. :coco: There is no point when I'm not genuine with it anyway, it's not my nature to be a big talker. Though, part of me would still like to try voice acting or something else creative. I don't think it would be something I would live for or do it with passion, but just for fun, just to try it? Why not. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, and I don't know what it is, but I HATE hearing my own voice, especially from a speaker or recorded source. Something about it feels nasally and lacking in confidence.

I wonder why? :oh_golly:

• Brohoof 1

I am okay with my own voice. When I was little, I didn't like it, except I had a really good singing voice back then (everyone told me, that's why I know)

2 hours ago, Splashee said:

I am okay with my own voice. When I was little, I didn't like it, except I had a really good singing voice back then (everyone told me, that's why I know)

I was able to shriek really loudly and high-pitched. This is something I simply can't do anymore. I mean...I can't shriek at all anymore either. :please:

6 hours ago, Sven Seelenherz said:

I was able to shriek really loudly and high-pitched. This is something I simply can't do anymore. I mean...I can't shriek at all anymore either. :please:

I'm the opposite, I can shriek and I will do it just for the heck of it :P

It sounds a bit weird. I recorded a bunch of positive affirmations with an app and then listen to them/repeat them.(As ridiculous as it sounds I have actually noticed an improvement in my self esteem.) 

but It does sound weird hearing my own voice recorded. I feel like I don’t sound 27 lol