Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sararini's Art Thread

sararini

EDIT: I'm going to turn this into my own art thread - I think that'd be better than me clogging the forums with a new thread every other day. :)

I figured, since this is my first post in the art section, I might as well make an art dump showing my favorite drawings from December & this year. Also some old stuff at the bottom for giggles.

Heads up -- I have an addiction to adopting/purchasing pony designs from deviantart so most of these characters weren't designed by me, though all art is of course my own. I would credit the designers but...I feel like that would be breaking the rules somehow? Dunno. Also most of the names were suggested by my friends or chosen by the person who designed the pony, because I'm terrible at coming up with names.

img-3573680-1-crasher_by_sarahmfighter-d

Same drawing as my icon, just without all the light effects. Her name's Crasher. She enjoys surfing, getting involved with protecting marine life, sea turtles, and lazing around with her boyfriend Bright Eyes.

img-3573680-2-slay_by_sarahmfighter-d8av

Silver Slay, but just goes by Slay. I don't know much about him as a character yet but I imagine he's some sort of villain, or antihero at the least. Permanently scowling and probably doesn't get much sleep.

img-3573680-3-new_oc_by_sararini-d8i7cb1

Ivory Wave. Shark-tail bat pony? thing. He's a pretty quiet and unfriendly guy but he's not too bad. He's in a relationship with another one of my shark tail ponies but I'm having trouble deciding which one...the sweet blonde who could bring out the best in him, or the one who's just as strong-willed as he is and would love him to death but still wouldn't put up with his crap.

img-3573680-4-i_m_like___a_butterfly__by

Lovenotes. Unlike the others, she was designed and named by me. She usually wears her hair in a low ponytail and her bangs kind of resemble Ariel's. She doesn't normally wear a giant bow on her back. This was just a fun little doodle. xD

img-3573680-5-chest_fluff_by_sararini-d8

Halima. Designed by a friend by named by me. At this point I'd pretty much given up giving ponies names that fit the show and started veering into the human name category. xD Halima means gentle. Copy & pasted from my deviantart description: "She's very self-conscious about her tail and her chest fluff since they make her different from most of the other ponies, but if she's being honest with herself, she likes her fluffy chest. When she's embarrassed she wishes she could just disappear into it, become a giant ball of fluff and stay like that until whoever's bothering her gets bored and goes away."

img-3573680-6-evaine_by_sararini-d8js4by

Evaine, named by me but she was designed by the same girl who designed Ivory. I've had this girl for about 2-3 year but this was the first time I've drawn her. Her hair has always reminded me of blue fire.

img-3573680-7-lights_by_sararini-d8lclit

This one was done just the other day c: Her name is Moon Wishes, designed and named by me. I love colored lighting so I really wanted to try that out for a change. I'm really happy with how it came out. I've been doing a lot of headshots/portrait drawings this year, so I've gotten a little incredibly rusty when it comes to drawing bodies, so this was practice; I used a screenshot as reference.

img-3573680-8-rKQon6Z.png

And this was another quick practice from reference done last night (technically this morning - 5 am - I sleep weird hours though so it feels more like last night than this morning). More fun with light. No name or anything for this character, I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep her, but her hair was fun to draw.

Alright, that's pretty much it for my best recent stuff, but since I make designs pretty much more than I draw even my own characters, I should probably show some of those, too. Here are some designs I sold a while back: [linked out for size, I assume that's allowed]

And just for giggles, take a look at my first two attempts at drawing ponies digitally, both done in January of 2012:

img-3573680-9-twilight_portrait_by_sarah

img-3573680-10-who__s_a_pretty_pony___by

For some reason I put my signature where her cutie mark is...? Okay then.

I hope it's okay, posting this many pictures...I read the global rules but I couldn't find any rules for this particular section of the forum. Hm.

Edited by sararini
  • Brohoof 5

They are amazing! ^-^

You got a +Watch/Follow from me. :D

My favourites are Evaine, Crasher and Lovenotes!

Your style is almost show like, but with your own twist in it. Very good job i say! Keep it up.

Edited by Erad Strum
  • Brohoof 1

Wow they are all amazing. So... much..... awesomeness  :wub:  *Eeep*  :yay: . I especially love this one img-3573680-8-rKQon6Z.png This was very well done. Good job  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

They are amazing! ^-^

You got a +Watch/Follow from me. :D

My favourites are Evaine, Crasher and Lovenotes!

Your style is almost show like, but with your own twist in it. Very good job i say! Keep it up.

Thank you! 

I've been focusing on learning how to do the show's style this year, since in the 3+ years I've been drawing ponies I never learned to do it properly/entirely accurately, but I do hope to veer off into my own style at some point. I want to incorporate character variation; I don't want all of my characters to look the same. I like giving them different features and body types based off of their race, personality, history, etc. And with the show's style, I feel like I wouldn't be able to...make the characters look as different from each other as I'd like? Not entirely sure how to put it.

I'm looking at your art right now; it's awesome! Definitely gonna watch you back. :D

Wow they are all amazing. So... much..... awesomeness  :wub:  *Eeep*  :yay: . I especially love this one 

This was very well done. Good job  :squee:

Thank you! I really appreciate it :D

• Brohoof 1

Alright, turned this into an art thread so I'll be posting my new stuff here as well. :)

This is a design I finished yesterday for a friend and artist that I really admire. She wanted a Gothic, feminine male, with plenty of freckles, because we're both very much obsessed with freckled ponies. I showed her the design with a few different palettes and this is the one she decided on.

He turned out hardly Gothic at all but she seemed to really like him anyway, so that's good c:

custom_for_dejecteddetective_by_sararini

That was the last thing on my to-do list. I'M FREE. For the first time all year, I don't owe anyone any art. :D Drawing for other people stresses me out because I'm afraid of not meeting their expectations, I guess, and then I end up putting it off and just taking forever. I originally intended to just spend this year focusing on personal art/developing my characters, but then in January a bunch of people ended up asking me for things and I have a hard time saying no. But now I can finally relax. :D

• Brohoof 1

Alright, turned this into an art thread so I'll be posting my new stuff here as well. :)

This is a design I finished yesterday for a friend and artist that I really admire. She wanted a Gothic, feminine male, with plenty of freckles, because we're both very much obsessed with freckled ponies. I showed her the design with a few different palettes and this is the one she decided on.

He turned out hardly Gothic at all but she seemed to really like him anyway, so that's good c:

img-3586686-1-custom_for_dejecteddetecti

That was the last thing on my to-do list. I'M FREE. For the first time all year, I don't owe anyone any art. :D Drawing for other people stresses me out because I'm afraid of not meeting their expectations, I guess, and then I end up putting it off and just taking forever. I originally intended to just spend this year focusing on personal art/developing my characters, but then in January a bunch of people ended up asking me for things and I have a hard time saying no. But now I can finally relax. :D

He looks adorable  :wub:. Never really seen such a feminine male (pony)  :squee:. Good job  :)

img-3586686-1-custom_for_dejecteddetecti

Indeed he looks really nice! :D I like his colours, it really gives the gothic feel you went for!

(edited)

He looks adorable  :wub:. Never really seen such a feminine male (pony)  :squee:. Good job  :)

Thank you! Ha, if you think he's feminine, you should see the stallion I bought a year or two ago - he was designed by the same girl who asked for this gothic pony.

These are all great, so smooth.

Thank you!

Indeed he looks really nice! :D I like his colours, it really gives the gothic feel you went for!

Thanks! I struggled with the colors a bit, but the combination she settled on really ended up working great.

And here's a new character I designed last night, for myself. I chose the name Despina, which means lady-like. Not a very ponyish name, but she's not exactly an average looking pony, either. :P Not as clean as my other stuff; it's more of just a cleaned up sketch than an actual finished drawing.__whispery_screeching_by_sararini-d8m8oj

Edited by sararini
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you! Ha, if you think he's feminine, you should see the stallion I bought a year or two ago - he was designed by the same girl who asked for this gothic pony.

Thank you!

Thanks! I struggled with the colors a bit, but the combination she settled on really ended up working great.

And here's a new character I designed last night, for myself. I chose the name Despina, which means lady-like. Not a very ponyish name, but she's not exactly an average looking pony, either. :P Not as clean as my other stuff; it's more of just a cleaned up sketch than an actual finished drawing.img-3590181-1-__whispery_screeching_by_s

Awesome furry body i say!I really like her mane and colours! ^^ Only thing which would seem a bit off is the gem on her chest.It seems to be above her fur, i don't know if she has a necklace or something under it which is able to hold the gem, but it is nice nonetheless.