Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon do you sleep with?

Critical Mass

If people wanted to harm me, And my area was like that. I would already be dead.

And  i wouldent have any weapon. If they want to hurt me, thats up to them but i dont want to hurt anyone.

Edited by PinkieTheRealMVP

I live in England, so if someone breaks into my house and I hurt them I get sent to prison.

Yay gun/knife control laws.

So I don't sleep with any kind of weapon.

Edited by ForthEorl

I sleep with a plastic spoon, it's perhaps the best defense a man can have. 

If that doesn't work, I have dozens of nuclear warheads I can use.

• Brohoof 1

I guess she could qualify as a Weapon of Mass Fabulosity :please:

While Rarity is perfectly capable of laying the smackdown, she prefers to use whining and seduction to defeat her foes.

• Brohoof 1

I live in England, so if someone breaks into my house and I hurt them I get sent to prison.

Yay gun/knife control laws.

So I don't sleep with any kind of weapon.

That is outrageously ridiculous.

• Brohoof 5

I'd prefer to fight unarmed, if it doesn't significantly increase my chances of being killed. If it does, I'll go with sharp or blunt objects, then.  

I have the naive idea that there is at least one blacksmith brony currently alive on Earth (they might even teach their child/children, and prolong the chain!). If I ever hear news about him/her (and if I can afford it), a shopping spree would be an understatement to describe what'll occur.

• Brohoof 1

My questions were chiefly rehetorical, but . . . .

I find it's best not to take these topics (and the associated responses) too seriously.  And it's fairly easy to interpret such topics as: What is your preferred method of inflicting harm upon another human being?

One, Non-verbal learning disorder. My thinking is ultra literal and linear. Two, that is not what the OP posed in his initial post. The scenario was in the case of home invasion in a dangerous neighborhood.

Do you honestly consider harm inflicted in defense of one's self and harm inflicted for malicious intent to be equivocal?

A. Lots of everyday objects can be used as a weapon without requiring a background in film comedy martial arts.  Weapons of opportunity may be all you have unless you genuinely sleep with a shotgun under your pillow.  I'm no princess (and the pea), but I don't think that'd be especially comfortable sleeping.

Just speaking as one who does have a background in martial arts, I can tell you for certain that a man who knows escrima is going to be more effective with a table leg than a man who doesn't know a roundhouse from a spin kick.

B. Why ruin others' fun? xD  And it is, in the case of many, just a scenario.

That's part of why it causes me chagrin. Saying "portal gun" or "my sunny disposition", to me, sounds casually dismissive of the scenario. I would not insert an alien invasion into a James Bond movie, for instance. I may like it, but hardcore Spy Film fans will likely not. 

C. Because post count.  This is a My Little Pony forum.  And here we are discussing what potentially lethal weapons we would produce should someone attempt to murder us in our home...  Whaaaaaa?!?  I want to reach Pegasus rank, DAMMIT!

We're allowed to go off topic as long as the thread is posted in the correct forum panel, last time I checked. Personally, I find it myopic that anyone would have a thing against weapons. Is a sword, chained in it's scabbard, and mounted on a wall morally objectionable? What about a kitchen knife which almost always has a naked blade? It's as you said, almost anything can be used as a weapon. Because of my training, many household objects are actually more deadly in my hands than a war axe is in the hands of someone who's never touched one before.

Does that make me more likely to commit murder?

I'd prefer to fight unarmed, if it doesn't significantly increase my chances of being killed. If it does, I'll go with sharp or blunt objects, then.  

I have the naive idea that there is at least one blacksmith brony currently alive on Earth (they might even teach their child/children, and prolong the chain!). If I ever hear news about him/her (and if I can afford it), a shopping spree would be an understatement to describe what'll occur.

There are plenty of brony blacksmiths. They sell their wears at cons.

I decided to sleep in my armory

img-3576085-1-Armory.jpg

Lotta firepower for a Legionary.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

I sleep with a plastic spoon, it's perhaps the best defense a man can have. 

If that doesn't work, I have dozens of nuclear warheads I can use.

We may live in the same neighborhood.

Did he also teach you how and how not to use it?

Pffffff, how NOT to use weapons WAS  the first thing he taught me, FOR YEARS. I take those lessons seriously, you can expect me to jokingly refer weapons as toys, but not use them as such  -_-

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 3