Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon do you sleep with?

Critical Mass

I have the naive idea that there is at least one blacksmith brony currently alive on Earth

There is one that I know of who is a member of MLPF.

As for my answer, I sleep with my my CRKT Obake. If I lived in a rougher area, I'd sleep with my Ontario Kukri. I won't lie, If I were to be awaken during a home invasion, I pretty sure the years I've spent in martial arts would fly out the window (I'm no morning person), though I am sure my sheer wrath at being awoken without a peace offering of coffee would incinerate, or at least scare of, any attacker/intruder.

Using paracord and a bi-pod, I can rig one of my airsoft pistols to fire when my door opens. Not only does the noise serve to make sure I am awake, but it also provides a brief distraction so I can get in gear, without legal issues.

Edited by Frith is Magick
  • Brohoof 1

Same gun that goes on my hip from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, at which point it goes on the table right next to my bed; my Ruger SR40C. Though I have been thinking of upgrading to a Glock. The SR40 is nice, don't get me wrong, but it's got too many freaking safeties(half of which I removed, because they were so stupid), and is too small.

post-31156-0-78093900-1426379364_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Can that even hurt or kill anyone though?

I wouldn't want to hurt or kill anyone unless I absolutely had to, the gun would mostly be for quick escapes, but if for some reason I couldn't get away, I'd just put them in an infinite death-loop....

Or if all else fails, I have the moon, don't I? Sure I'd probably die too, but if I'm gonna die anyway, I'd want to take out whoever tried killing me with me!

(edited)

Lotta firepower for a Legionary.

Ohh no this armory was for when I was still a riot soldier I can't use it till I reinstate.

After some thinking I realize that sleeping with a small firearm and a blade isn't enough even with an armory next to me no I'm keeping a turret outside.

img-3576475-1-XTR-101_short-range_automa

Edited by Decanus Nexus
  • Brohoof 2

Do you honestly consider harm inflicted in defense of one's self and harm inflicted for malicious intent to be equivocal?

Harm inflicted in defense of one's self can still be excessive.  If you're packing a loaded shotgun and fire the thing - at close range during a home invasion - into a would-be assailant, you've either killed or mortally wounded the guy.  Did the OP state that the assailant was guaranteed to be armed?

No.

So the poster with a shotgun under his pillow could have fired a shotgun blast at - considering the vague nature of the OP - an unarmed man.  What could be characterized as self-defense can also be malicious.  If you have the assailant disabled or on the run and STILL proceed to do them harm, that is malicious.

That's part of why it causes me chagrin. Saying "portal gun" or "my sunny disposition", to me, sounds casually dismissive of the scenario. I would not insert an alien invasion into a James Bond movie, for instance. I may like it, but hardcore Spy Film fans will likely not.

So what?  It's still just a scenario.  No one is inserting fantasy into real life; they're inserting fantasy into fantasy.  Unless the poster is somehow genuinely in a situation where harm is guaranteed and / or imminent (in which case, posting this topic on MLP Forums isn't going to benefit them).

However, in a real life scenario where there was simply no way to avoid harm without a weapon (even that's silly), keeping a weapon close at hand doesn't guarantee they won't come to harm regardless.  They could even accidentally do themselves harm while discharging a weapon.  The scenario is vaguely described and unrealistic.  Because, if I lived somewhere where having my home invaded was an inevitability, I wouldn't slip a knife and a gun under my pillow.  I'd frickin' move.

Does that make me more likely to commit murder?

Not necessarily; though it makes it easier for you to commit murder. x3

P.S. Also, Steel: The OP just said that they would keep a turret for self defense.  So the OP takes this topic less seriously than you do.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

I would have a taser. I'd much rather disable an attacker than kill him; just the thought of killing someone (even in self-defense) makes me feel sick.

Can that even hurt or kill anyone though?

Not directly. You could, for instance though. Open up a portal on the side of a tall building, then open it's twin beneath an attacker. Gravity does the rest. Or open a portal above your assailant, and then open one below a heavy object. (Such as an anvil.)

5bxtax.jpg

I sleep with Mosin-Nagant like the true Russian I wish I was, also gas mask because if the Germans try to gas me I'll be one step ahead of them.

I have a 1911 in my nightstand and a Mosin Nagant rifle leaning on my head board (bayonet attached) :wub: . Honestly that's just where I've always kept them.  :)

Noice!

borat-thumbs-up-very-nice.jpg

I'm hoping to get a m1911 when I turn 21!

• Brohoof 2

A pool noodle. First they keep me alive to ask me why I sleep with a pool noodle. Then I strangle them with the pool noodle, but it fails..cause it's a pool noodle.

Then I quickly escape by jumping out the window, and get away unhurt by landing on..yep..the pool noodle :lol:

Edited by Theta Sigma
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't want to hurt or kill anyone unless I absolutely had to, the gun would mostly be for quick escapes, but if for some reason I couldn't get away, I'd just put them in an infinite death-loop....

Or if all else fails, I have the moon, don't I? Sure I'd probably die too, but if I'm gonna die anyway, I'd want to take out whoever tried killing me with me!

You can still use a portal gun to kill or injure. See both my above response to Asbel as well as your moon solution.

Also, you would refuse to kill someone trying to kill you, unless your defense killed both of you? That defeats the point of self-defense in the first place.

Edited by Steel Accord

Also, you would refuse to kill someone trying to kill you, unless your defense killed both of you?

I mentioned the death loop if I couldn't get away :/ please make sure you have read my post correctly before responding