Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon do you sleep with?

Critical Mass

I don't really believe in firearms, nor do I have any real experience with them (which means that I'm more likely to miss or, somehow, even hurt myself more than my opponent) so I'd have to go with any of the weapons in my room. But since we're inside, only two or three of them are practical for such confined spaces (specifically, the dagger, the club, and ironically enough my zweihander [think real big sword], which I would use like a spear.)

as of now I don't but when I move out I'd sleep with a Revolver in my nightstand drawer and a rifle under my bed.... maybe put a knife somewhere too....... what?..... I'm not paranoid! I'm American!

When I saw the word "noodle":

Thanks for ramming that old song in my head. To make things worse, no, I didn't even click to hear it from that video link. I already vividly knew how the song's tone, pitch and pace were, and it's playing in my head rapidly as I post this. I'm not mad about though, I just feel unenthusiasticly horrified about how I almost flawlessly recall that, about a song I haven't heard in over 6 years....

Thread has been locked for cleanup. 

Alrighty, the thread has largely gone in a silly direction, which is fine, but more appropriate for the lounges, so I'm going to go ahead and move this there instead of hiding 4 of the 5 pages of posts to try and get a serious discussion going. 

If the OP or anybody else would like to try and have a serious discussion on this topic, feel free to start a new thread in GD that clarifies in the OP to keep discussion serious.  Thanks!

img-3576784-1-5bxtax.jpg

I sleep with Mosin-Nagant like the true Russian I wish I was, also gas mask because if the Germans try to gas me I'll be one step ahead of them.

Noice!

img-3576784-2-borat-thumbs-up-very-nice.

I'm hoping to get a m1911 when I turn 21!

Not even kidding, I too have a gas mask next to my bed!  :pinkie:

post-24622-0-50925300-1426418258_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

That is outrageously ridiculous.

The only way you can get away with it is if they have a weapon and you hit them with a frying pan or something else not intended to be a weapon. then it's "Self defense".

There was a farmer a few years ago who shot a burglar who was threatening his wife with a knife. He got 14 years for murder. I guess that's a comfort- the 'life' sentence in this country is rather short compared to the US.

• Brohoof 2

The only way you can get away with it is if they have a weapon and you hit them with a frying pan or something else not intended to be a weapon. then it's "Self defense".

There was a farmer a few years ago who shot a burglar who was threatening his wife with a knife. He got 14 years for murder. I guess that's a comfort- the 'life' sentence in this country is rather short compared to the US.

Note that the brohoof is from understanding, not approval. That is just damned draconian.

I mentioned the death loop if I couldn't get away :/ please make sure you have read my post correctly before responding

I did see that, and as I said "see my post and your's." I did read your post correctly. I was more hung up on your reason then your method. Saying you'd pull the moon trick, but admitted it would likely kill you too.

My point is, if someone means to kill you, the point should be to stop them, without or at least mitigating harm to one's self.

• Brohoof 3

My first "use" of my weapon of choice, since over a year, was during a horrendously unflattering moment. I was basically, "drunk from a lack of sleep", when I made this status update. To make matters worse, I was on my bed. Ugh.

I just threw a punch on my gut; and also attempted to strike air with my knee; after waking up from yey another 2 and a half sec ond blackout. 

MMA, Karate, or any martial art, would be awesome to make use of.

I'm just stuck right now, with the ragtag combination of common sense, and...common sense. I've named it "Brawling", and stuck with it for a very long while. It's never failed me, and it might just give me a chance against a trained combatant.

I feel sorry for the average Joe, that attempts to assault me in melee range. I've never been in the situation where I had to hold back.

Needless to say, I did make use of it, and I sleep everyday with it...

Yeah, I sleep with a couple of glocks, an AK-47, an RPG-32 and a few grenades.

No, fuck that shit. Thankfully I don't live in a place dangerous enough to require myself to be armed in my own damn bed, because even if I was I'd probably shoot my ass off in my sleep.

I'm not going to comment on whether or not I own any weapons, but I don't keep them in my fucking bed.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I don't currently sleep with any, myself. Although, I do share a bed with my brother on weekdays, and he sleeps with three pocket knives. I don't appreciate it, especially since I have awoken multiple times to find an open knife near me.

(edited)

Lets say that the area around you has been a bit more violent what are you going to do? how are you going to survive? there are people out there that want to harm you and your going to get hurt unless you can fight.

No seriously what weapon do you need to sleep with to survive

I keep a rifle and a blade.

*Comment removed* *Comment removed*

Edited by Lightning-Twister

I guess I could use this PAC-MAN that broke off a belt of mine. It's hard, so I could use it to make an enemy flinch, then punish by hitting them in the head with a kendama, but I'm not paranoid enough to have anything near my bed that's intended as a weapon.

My phone so I can call the police if there is violent activity near where I live.

If I slept with a rifle/knife under my pillow or elsewhere in my bed, I would be scared of accidently making the rifle go off or getting cut by the blade.