Sign in to follow this  
Moonflowerkitty

If you could travel to any time period, what time would you travel to?

And I mean as a spirit, sort of like the Christmas carol. Like you saw what was going on but couldn't be hurt or affect anything, and nothing would change when you went back home.

To the future. I like to know what's going to happen ahead of time.

Either the future, or during the American Revolution  :P

I'd travel to the future to see how the world ends.

Not able to talk to anyone or affect anything - that sounds like a kind of boring way of travelling time :mellow:

Let's make this the best it can become and travel to and take a trip to Amsterdam, 17. century.

It would be interesting to travel to some cities before they were damaged in WWII, like Berlin in the 1920s.

Aww, no interacting?

fien

I'd probably go to Ancient Egypt maybe....

Or maybe ancient "Greece"?....

Not able to talk to anyone or affect anything - that sounds like a kind of boring way of travelling time :mellow:

I don't think it would be boring at all! It's like a giant hi-def 4D movie that's real. And plus you could eavesdrop. 

(edited)

I would seriously consider going back to the 90's because let's face it... those were the best years of our lives for us 90's babies, amirite? (I was born in 88, I know... but I grew up more in the 90's though) I wouldn't care about interacting, I just miss all the 90's stuff I used to love as a kid.

Edited by Takeshi Miyamoto

No butterfly effect but you can still see everything? The Jurassic or Cretaceous Period! I'd love to see some living, breathing dinosaurs. That, or the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Badges

Even if I couldn't interact with anyone, my first choice would still be Woodstock in 1969, so I could hear Hendrix play.

Nowhere. Why? I want to stay in the present, remember (instead of physically going to) the past, and prepare for the future. I don't want to risk paradoxes.

Putting aside specific time periods, I would travel back as far in time as I possibly could, and then I would travel as far forward in time as I possibly could, to try to gain more insight regarding life and reality. 

In regard to specific time periods, I would love to visit the medieval period, the Renaissance period, the 1700s, the 1800s, the 1920s, and the 1950s. I'd also like to visit future time periods incrementing by 100 years: so 2100, 2200, etc.