Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When (or why) do you use the forums?

pocketshotgun

Well obviously I need to be gangsta rappin with my homies in da hood...... I mean herd.

Anyways I use the fourms as a sort of place where I can openly discuss things I would get made fun of for in real life. It is also awesome knowing that you have a whole group of nice people who all have something in common with you and will have your back. It really gives you a sense of unity. I have met so many people here and when I'm bored i always know adventure is out there somewhere on mlp forums :D

I use the forums so I can chat with people and make new friends. Though I'm not as active in the community as I was awhile ago, I still come here to share ideas, discuss, and have a great time. Also, it's a nice place to escape from all the stress and stuff I have to deal with on a daily basis. (Bothersome people, loads of hw etc.)

It's on my "surfing route."  Which is what I do in the morning before I do my blog posts for the day.  Why?  Because I don't know any Bronies in the area where I live, and it's nice to be able to immerse myself in the culture - get my daily pony fix.  And because, for the most part, it's a positive experience.  This is one of the only two forums I go to - the other is The Border Collie Boards.  And I keep coming back to both because I learn stuff, I have fun, and both boards are well-moderated so I don't have to put up with a bunch of trolls, flamers and just negativity in general.

I post here because it has become my internet home. I have a large segment of friends here which I converse and goof around with, while I also feel I can contribute in topics without feelings like my posting contributions are worthless.

Also, I have responsibilities in regards to my position, so there's that as well. ^^

I guess in my case, it would be to be around people with similar interests to myself.  There can be some interesting conversations here, so I browse around from time to time. That and I don't really have a life, so there's that, too.

I'm on the site every day, so I can roleplay -- though not lately, I'm not RPing nearly as much as I want to, so stalk the Everfree Forest and give responses to fellow Bronies!

During the school year, I don't go on very frequently because it would ruin me if I got in the habit of going on frequently when I have so much homework and studying to do. During the summer I post a lot more.

In terms of WHY I post... I don't really know. Sometimes I spend an hour typing up a massive post answering some question about the lives of ponies or my opinion on something to do with the fandom and then I think, why did I just do that? But then I think, OH WELL and keep posting. It's fun, I guess. And also I want to be able to look back twenty years from now and know that I did participate in this fandom when it was big, and didn't just watch it from a distance. I don't really have anything artistically to contribute to the fandom, so discussion and interaction with others is one of the few things I can do to actually be an active part of the fandom and make an "impact" even if the impact is small.

Edited by Cork Top

actually I love to have more time on the forums but I cant cause im busy at that period  :okiedokielokie:

really I wish having more free time to go to the forums :)