Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Read it and Weep Bad Fanfic Reading Round 2! *dingding*

Duster Dawnhorse

Hey remember last year when a bunch of you guys stayed up past your bedtime to read a terrible fan story about a man's torrid Maury-esque love affair with cartoon horses in front of other people? That was fun. SO WE'RE DOING IT AGAIN WITH SWAG.

Myself and TGYR will be back to present Read it and Weep: Bad Fanfic Reading at BABSCon this year for the second time! This time we'll be giving away prizes for categories that we make up as we go along. Prizes vary from awesome pony swag to terrible books we found at a used bookstore bargain bin so take a chance, the risk is half the fun!

Now that the boring part is over, you're probably wondering how this panel works? It all relies on audience participation. Everyone who wants to read lines up and reads the fanfic in any way they like until one of the following things happen.

1. You laugh.

2. You pause too long in sheer confusion.

3. Your five minute cap is up and you have to share.

Of course your turn isn't limited to just one so take as many cracks as you like! Repeat readers welcome. (And if I recall correctly we did have one brave reader go three times!)

So now you're asking what fanfic did we bring? Wellll it's the same one as last year. But the audience gets to make a decision! Pick up where we left off or start from the very beginning?

The choice is yours and yours alone! See you in SanFran in like what, two weeks? Whatever it is it's not soon enough!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since you brought up audience participation, I'll try to make it.

Edit: I probably won't make it since I found out it occurs late at night and I won't be staying at a hotel room.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie

Oh man. I actually felt my heart start racing when I saw that seats were running out. I had absolutely no idea the panel would get that full. My copanelist and I could not be happier with how it turned out!

We want to thank everyone for coming and a huge round of applause to the Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic team and FimFlamPhilosophy for being a part of the experience and lending their flair!

We hope to see you guys again in 2017 and maybe Equestria LA later this year!

• 2 weeks later...