Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's the most unladylike out of the Mane 6?

WriteCodes46

Most unladylike out of the Mane 6  

76 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the most unladylike?

• Applejack
    • Fluttershy
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Rarity (seriously)
    • Twilight Sparkle

Probably RD or AJ. I'll probably go with AJ since she has a tendency to look down on ladylike mannerisms from time to time

Rainbow Dash, without question. It's a struggle to get her to dress up for anything formal. Even Applejack knows how to handle such situations, after living in Manehatten for a while.

While I agree that RD is one of the more unladylike characters in the mane 6, I heavily disagree with that assertion. I don't recall one time where getting her to dress up formal was a chore, heck in "Suited for Success" she flat out said having a fashion show was a fun idea. When I think about it, the only thing I've ever seen her express disgust over has been manicures and spas

• Brohoof 1

Probably RD or AJ. I'll probably go with AJ since she has a tendency to look down on ladylike mannerisms from time to time

While I agree that RD is one of the more unladylike characters in the mane 6, I heavily disagree with that assertion. I don't recall one time where getting her to dress up formal was a chore, heck in "Suited for Success" she flat out said having a fashion show was a fun idea. When I think about it, the only thing I've ever seen her express disgust over has been manicures and spas

She only agreed to it after she had demolished Rarity's original idea for her dress beyond all recognition. She was also very quick to leave her dress behind in A Canterlot Wedding in order to do the Sonic Rainboom.

• Brohoof 1

She only agreed to it after she had demolished Rarity's original idea for her dress beyond all recognition. 

'Cept that didn't happen, she agreed to it before that ever happened, right as Rarity brought up the idea as shown here "I love fun things!"(it's also worth noting that what you said also applies to the rest of the girls in that episode)

She was also very quick to leave her dress behind in A Canterlot Wedding in order to do the Sonic Rainboom. 

Sounds like common sense if anything. Because lets be real here, doing a Sonic Rainboom in a dress would be really impractical.

Also worth noting that she put the dress back on afterwards

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

I want to say Rarity. She's is obviously the least lady like for trying so hard to be lady like.

No, just kidding. I'd normally say Rainbow Dash in this case because it seems that way, but what about Pinkie Pie? She's pretty much all over the place and that's very far from lady like.

• Brohoof 1

Going by the OP's definition, AJ, RD and Pinkie all hop out as obvious candidates. Choosing to frame the question in the form of a test, for my own entertainment. At a highbrow social gathering, who do I think would blend in the best?

Going by this, I don't think any of the three would do terribly well, though there's a clear difference in scale. I see Applejack as being incredibly likely to do stuff like violating one of those hundred unspoken etiquette rules that govern your posture, which utensils you eat which food with, tuning out when some noble she doesn't know is describing his estate, etc. Meanwhile RD and Pinkie are more likely to do stuff like accidentally flipping the dining table over and dumping punch on people :derp:. So yeah, RD and Pinkie. Would give the edge to Pinkie for being more of a wildcard.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash and the show makes that readily clear. She's uncomfortable getting a manicure even.

Applejack at the bare minimum at least knows how to take care of her mane and is quite handy around the house. Motherly skills are just as essential to being a prim and proper lady as anything else.  :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash. She doesn't like wearing dresses unless she has too, and her reason for going to the Gala was seeing a sports team.

Close second would be Applejack but she's at least more willing to do something girly.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity obviously. The way she makes dresses and is the most feminine pone. Such unladylike :P

Really it's Applejack. Like with all the farm work and stuff, working hard. Not saying working isn't for women. But the kinda work she does you'd typically expect a guy to do.  

• Brohoof 1

To be fair Applejack is also sort of unlady-like but now I must ask, How in the HELL did Rarity and Fluttershy get any votes? WTF is wrong with you people? O_o Aside from Twilight those 2 are by far the most feminine and girlish...

Applejack by miles. Just watch "Look Before You Sleep" and try to tell me Rainbow Dash has less manners than that.

Exactly what I was thinking. "Nah you just eat 'em!" *Chews the s'more with her mouth wide open* "Nahm nahm nahm"

• Brohoof 2

This is yet another characteristic that I don't attribute to any of the characters. Something about defining social femininity seems incongruent with the show, similar to how many of the male fans didn't like social masculinity rules to be applied to them during the rise of the Brony fandom. 

• Brohoof 5

This is yet another characteristic that I don't attribute to any of the characters. Something about defining social femininity seems incongruent with the show, similar to how many of the male fans didn't like social masculinity rules to be applied to them during the rise of the Brony fandom. 

This; so much this.

The problem is that we're attaching cultural terms that only have a certain degree of permanence; and the relevancy of those attachments to Equestrian culture is questionable at best. What we're left is what is considered traditional terminology; at least in the question of 'western' human culture.

Unladylike - lacking the behavior or manner or style considered proper for a lady

I'd say the most unladylike would be Pinkie Pie or Rainbow. But probably Pinkie, because she doesn't care about manners AT ALL. Rainbow Dash and Applejack know how to act when a situation calls for it. Well, maybe Rainbow not always, but Applejack definitely, just think about her behaviour at the beginning of A Bird in the Hoof. She knows how to act properly, she just not always sees it as important or necessary, maybe because she's too practical for that. Not to mention that she doesn't like snobs and is very true to herself. She's always polite around Celestia and even though she can be very tomboyish at times, she's still very feminine. So I would say that even though she doesn't LIKE to be like a proper lady, she definitely knows how and when she should ACT like one. 

With Rainbow it's more complicated, because she often acts without thinking and she's convinced that she's just too awesome for something like that. She and Rarity care the most about their image; but unlike Rarity she doesn't want to be seen as a proper lady but as awesome flier and Equestria's hero. Why should she even bother to try to be ladylike if it's against everything she wants to represent? If it's against everything she IS?

My vote goes for Pinkie. She doesn't care about manners. Or fashion. Or style. And she definitely isn't - and would never be - a lady. She's just too carefree and uncontrolled (for the lack of a better word). She doesn't fit into any schemes. She's just... Pinkie Pie. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1