Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

Ah, ok. Water/Ground is such an OP combo.

I like the combination, I like all the different combos and seeing what the pokemon looks like when the type combinations are unconventional.

Ground and water? A swamp animal.

Rock and water? Coral!

Ghost and fire? A spooky chandelier!

It's creative.

I like the combination, I like all the different combos and seeing what the pokemon looks like when the type combinations are unconventional.

Ground and water? A swamp animal.

Rock and water? Coral!

Ghost and fire? A spooky chandelier!

It's creative.

Type combinations don't always work out that way though. Look at Charizard, it looks like a dragon but it's actually Fire/Flying. Or Dragalge, it doesn't look like a dragon but it's Dragon/Poison.

That being said, some type combinations are pretty creative. Fighting/Flying? A bird that looks like a luchador.

• Brohoof 1

@Daring: I do agree with some typings being creative in all generations. Such as Water/Ghost for Jellicent, Ghost/Flying for Drifblim, Rock/Fairy for Diancie, Grass/Dark for Cacturne and Shiftry, and Rock/Dark for Tyranitar. I could go on with more...

• Brohoof 1

Type combinations don't always work out that way though. Look at Charizard, it looks like a dragon but it's actually Fire/Flying. Or Dragalge, it doesn't look like a dragon but it's Dragon/Poison.

That being said, some type combinations are pretty creative. Fighting/Flying? A bird that looks like a luchador.

Glass half full my friend, I remember only the times it works.

Do wish there were more fighting type combos though as that is my favorite type. (Hell I wish I could use Hawlucha for flying battles.)

The Main 6 I used to defeat Kanto Elite 4 in Fire Red:

Blastoise (Which I named Bowser)

Pidgeot (Which was shiny)

Electrode (Which was taught Thunder)

Machamp (Which was EV trained in speed)

Arcanine (which has the ability Flash Fire)

Alakazam (Which only has Psychic as a direct attack)

• Brohoof 1

Uuuuuh technically my first main 6 were a bunch of over leveled japanese legendaries I got from an exchange student in Black 2...

The team and game I actually count though is from Y.
Soliopede
Meowstic
Furfrou
Gogoat
Florges
Greninja.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Game Freak's actually very picky when it comes to choosing Mega Evolutions. In an interview, they said that for a Pokémon to get a Mega Evolution, they need to be either immensely popular (Lucario, Charizard, Mewtwo), or popular, but really weak in battles. (Mawile, Banette, Lopunny). They also choose Mega Evolutions so that they can balance out certain Pokémon. While I don't agree with this formula all the time, it's better than choosing a Mega Evolution for no other reason.

Following their formula, I would love it if they made a Mega Ninetales or a Mega Mienshao. They're both really popular within the Pokémon fandom, and both feel as if they need a buff (Ninetales especially). I would also say Mega Flygon, but GF said in an interview they can't think of good designs for Mega Flygon. I find that understandable, as making a character design is ridiculously hard in the designing industry.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1

It wouldn't surprise me if they gave Pikachu a mega evolution, as they've evidently forgotten Raichu exists.

Pikachu is the absolute worst because he is the mascot he is on everything for the products involving pokemon and it is annoying plus he is the most overrated pokemon ever  :okiedokielokie:

Pikachu is the absolute worst because he is the mascot he is on everything for the products involving pokemon and it is annoying plus he is the most overrated pokemon ever  :okiedokielokie:

Apparently Clefairy was originally going to be the Pokémon mascot, but it was changed to Pikachu at the last moment because it appeals more universally or something.

Apparently Clefairy was originally going to be the Pokémon mascot, but it was changed to Pikachu at the last moment because it appeals more universally or something.

i only have one statement to that....WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i only have one statement to that....WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Because Clefairy only appeals to girls while Pikachu appeals to both or something.

Because Clefairy only appeals to girls while Pikachu appeals to both or something.

i think evee is more the pokemon that appeals to both boys and girls it is an adorable fox after all and can be changed into something even more feminine or masculine depending

I disagree. I love pikachu. Don't get me wrong, if I level one up to evolve I am going to but pikachu is a great pokemon. I admit, I'm a bit biased because Ash was a childhood hero of mine but pikachu is always a welcome addition to my party.

• Brohoof 1

I disagree. I love pikachu. Don't get me wrong, if I level one up to evolve I am going to but pikachu is a great pokemon. I admit, I'm a bit biased because Ash was a childhood hero of mine but pikachu is always a welcome addition to my party.

Pikachu evolves with the Thunder Stone. Or certain Pokémon due to a bug in generation I.

• Brohoof 1

i think its because i didn't enjoy the anime as much as i did the games but i noticed something everytime i want to buy some pokemon merch and its that 50% of the merch will feature pikachu far more than any other pokemon and this is annoying for a fan that loves evee and meowstic far more than the electric mouse

No wonder I could never get it to evolve. Funny that also explains how Ash's pikachu has never evolved despite likely having a redundantly maxed out level.

its the same with evees they tend to need stones in order to evolve unless its the new fairy type

No wonder I could never get it to evolve. Funny that also explains how Ash's pikachu has never evolved despite likely having a redundantly maxed out level.

I believe that levels are non-canon in the anime. Then again, in the anime, electric beats ground. And you can hold Larvitar like it weighs nothing, even though it weighs 158lbs. Among other things.

Currently replaying Pokemon Y! I had missed this game- Kalos is awweeessoomme.

It might be my favorite region... Though Unova is great too. What's your guy's favorite region?

• Brohoof 1