Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

@Odyssey, that would be awesome!

Would there be any rules like a Level Cap at 50 or no hold items?  Because I would be fine with any rules you'd like to set up.

• Brohoof 1

@@Odyssey, thank you! And yes, I'd be down. But, could I make a request? Please no M-Quaza, at the very least.

Singles format or Doubles? I'm quite a bit more prepared for the former than the latter. I won't go so far as to request certain tier lists of Pokémon, either, since not everyone enjoys playing by those admittedly self-imposed rules. even if M-kanga is dumb *cough cough*

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here are some teams I've come up with in my spare time, as well as a Trainer class:

• The Team, as it stands now:

post-11300-0-62302300-1434005457.pngpost-11300-0-96666100-1434005461.pngpost-11300-0-12111800-1434005470.png

post-11300-0-77730500-1434005465.pngpost-11300-0-65599800-1434005455.pngpost-11300-0-47230200-1434005459.png

• Reasoning:

The three Pokémon on top represent a standard Steel-Dragon-Fairy core. Three of the strongest types in the game, all of which cover each other's weaknesses with phenomenal effectiveness. Comprised of mons I have come to adore, with waifu heading the pack, they are my bread and butter whenever I enter the Battle Maison.

Adding three more was a challenge. I realized that I have an inability to deal with Fire types, so, formerly, I had Mega Gyarados on this team. Recently, however, I have come to the realization that people on Battle Spot do not and never will respect Smogon's tiering rules, nor should they ever feel obligated to do so. For this reason, I have dropped Mega Gyarados in favor of Mega Lucario, who does insane amounts of damage and has that ever important Steel typing for key resistances to the Fighting type's weaknesses. To replace the Water type that was lost, I have plans to add Starmie to the bunch. Lastly, Volcarona, also one of my favorite Pokémon, is a terrifying presence with Quiver Dance and has an unpredictable answer to Water types in the form of Giga Drain. It also is an answer to mons that use Will-O-Wisp.

The next two teams represent a lot less testing (AKA none) and overall thought, but I figured they'd be fun to dick around with some day.

• Fury of the Sands

post-11300-0-96666100-1434005461.pngpost-11300-0-83152800-1434006208.pngpost-11300-0-17640900-1434006211.png

post-11300-0-31712700-1434006213.pngpost-11300-0-50548100-1434006222.pngpost-11300-0-18353400-1434006234.png

As the name implies, this is a Sandstorm driven team. With Sand Stream being run on both Tyranitar and Hippowdon, Sand Rush on Excadrill, and Sand Veil on Garchomp, I feel that this team, especially with Excadrill paired with a Sand Streamer and any other mon on the team, would be incredibly hard to stop, due to Excadrill's already insane attack, absolutely bonkers Speed with Sand Rush active and the ability to hold a Life Orb rather than a Choice Scarf

• Mind over Matter

post-11300-0-17640900-1434006211.pngpost-11300-0-62302300-1434005457.pngpost-11300-0-65599800-1434005455.png

post-11300-0-62375500-1434006717.pngpost-11300-0-90779400-1434006719.pngpost-11300-0-88702200-1434006724.png

A mono-type Psychic team I would have liked to use at a tournament at my former college, had I had the time to create it. Again, I don't have very much theory to back this one up, only that I would lead with Espeon (with Magic Bounce) and attempt to Baton Pass Calm Minds to any other member of the team except M-Metagross.

• Trainer Class

post-11300-0-69844600-1434007846.png

This is a custom sprite found on a website for making Trainer Cards: www.pokecharms.com/trainercards

I'll call it the "Young Scientist." Representing the theory and experimentation that has gone into creating The Team, as well as what I do as a profession, I feel this most matches my approach to my team building. I opt for the younger scientist over the old due to my battle strategy (BLAST THEM ALL DAY ERRYDAY!) as well as my general non-adherence to the absolute best, in theory at least, teams and Pokémon, instead opting to experiment and create the best teams that suit my favorite Pokémon.

Edited by Lateon

DUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDU   I'm sorry.

I laughed.

No, seriously. Whenever something pops up that it's trying to learn Sandstorm, I internally say "It's trying to learn Darude!"

I blame one of my meme-tastic friends whom I watched many a randomizer run of his.

I laughed.

No, seriously. Whenever something pops up that it's trying to learn Sandstorm, I internally say "It's trying to learn Darude!"

I blame one of my meme-tastic friends whom I watched many a randomizer run of his.

I name any Tyranitars I get my hands on "Darude" now.

Thanks internet.

• Brohoof 1

That reminds me:

In Pokémon Zeta/Omicron, a fan made game, you may opt for your rival to be given "swag." This ultimately results in him having two "swag minions" at the end of Victory Road, the second of whom battles you with three Tyranitar in a row.

I have just now realized why he had three Tyranitar.

• Brohoof 1

That reminds me:

In Pokémon Zeta/Omicron, a fan made game, you may opt for your rival to be given "swag." This ultimately results in him having two "swag minions" at the end of Victory Road, the second of whom battles you with three Tyranitar in a row.

I have just now realized why he had three Tyranitar.

To summon Half-Life 3 via Tyranitar - Sandstream?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Made a new team, let me know what you all think:

Leftovers (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

sig-3837920.rotomh_tcg.jpg

Tony (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Roost

sig-3837920.mega_scizor__by_morganhowell

Scorpio (Drapion) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes
- Roar

sig-3837920.drapion_by_yilx-d3bg169.jpg

Saber (Gallade) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Psycho Cut

sig-3837920.gallade___psycho_cut_by_ishm

Bite Sized (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Atk / 172 Def
Naive Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Poison Jab

Garchomp.full.1505463.jpg

Pagent (Milotic) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic

sig-3837920.Milotic.full.1397552.jpg

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi

@Odyssey, that would be awesome!

Would there be any rules like a Level Cap at 50 or no hold items?  Because I would be fine with any rules you'd like to set up.

Yep, I've been thinking of a level cap at 50. Of course, it balances things out and makes things easier for everybody compared to no level cap.

@@Odyssey, thank you! And yes, I'd be down. But, could I make a request? Please no M-Quaza, at the very least.

Singles format or Doubles? I'm quite a bit more prepared for the former than the latter. I won't go so far as to request certain tier lists of Pokémon, either, since not everyone enjoys playing by those admittedly self-imposed rules. even if M-kanga is dumb *cough cough*

Sure, I can limit some Pokémon like M-Quaza if I could. And single battles is possible as well.

I can also not allow certain Pokés like M-Kanga if you'd like. It is too much of a stretch, sure, but I do think it's quite fair as M-Kanga is too OP.

But of course if I should consider other OP Pokés aside from those two, but not too many of them so that all battles are fair for any kind of player. What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

But of course if I should consider other OP Pokés aside from those two, but not too many of them so that all battles are fair for any kind of player. What do you think?

I don't know if my super EV and IV trained team would be very fair, but if you'll allow it then I suppose I'll use them. 

Maybe I should just use random Pokes from my PC and see how they fair against you all  :lol:

The only Pokemon that's still iffy for me is Aegislash...that thing is annoying as hell in tournaments  >_>

I'm fine with banning anything that isn't allowed in the Battle Maison, plus a few more mons, like M-kanga, M-Salamence, etc.

Of course, the Soul Dew isn't allowed there either, but I wasn't planning on using it unless duplicate items are inherently restricted in any online battle, not just the Battle Spot. Even then, I'm hesitant, because that item is all kinds of borken.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so I've decided. My... almost... completed team is gonna be this:

Floatzel (Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, Brick Break, Bulk Up)

Braviary (haven't decided yet, but it'll have Fly)

Vaporeon (Surf, Scald, Acid Armor, Ice Beam)

Flygon (Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Steel Wing, Crunch)

Manectric (haven't decided yet too)

Gallade (haven't decided this one yet either)

If anyone could help me come up with a moveset for Braviary, Manectric and Gallade, that'd be appreciated.

After playing the heck out of my AS version... I am so stoked to see what they have in store for the next games to be released. Pokemon X & Y/ ORAS blew my mind with all the new things they added to the series and with them being full 3D was just amazing in itself. I can't wait for a new installment either.

Maybe the next games will run at a stable 30 frames. Or 60 if Game Freak finally learns how to make a 3DS game. And maybe every Pokémon and attack will be animated too!

• Brohoof 2

Made a new team, let me know what you all think:

So I asked my sister about it (as she plays competitively), she said this:

-  Life Orb Gallade would be better. Gallade is really frail, so assault vest isn't the best choice. One gale wings, and he's out of there.

- The EVs are put somewhat oddly. (I could press her for more details on this one if needed) 

- Toxic spikes might not be a good idea, since people might have defog (and a lot of people are running steel because of fairy now).

- What tier is this? It doesn't seem to be in a set tier.

- The Rotom & Scizor are fine!!

- Drapion's ability would be better as Sniper

- You have a lot of toxic going on. It may not be the best idea.

- Cross poison is better than poison jab, especially with Sniper.

Hope it helps! :)

So I asked my sister about it (as she plays competitively), she said this:

-  Life Orb Gallade would be better. Gallade is really frail, so assault vest isn't the best choice. One gale wings, and he's out of there.

- The EVs are put somewhat oddly. (I could press her for more details on this one if needed) 

- Toxic spikes might not be a good idea, since people might have defog (and a lot of people are running steel because of fairy now).

- What tier is this? It doesn't seem to be in a set tier.

- The Rotom & Scizor are fine!!

- Drapion's ability would be better as Sniper

- You have a lot of toxic going on. It may not be the best idea.

- Cross poison is better than poison jab, especially with Sniper.

Hope it helps! :)

Let her critique my team too! I want to know a good moveset for Braviary, Manectric and Gallade.

Let her critique my team too! I want to know a good moveset for Braviary, Manectric and Gallade.

She asked if this was competitive or a playthrough team? c:

She asked if this was competitive or a playthrough team? c:

Mostly a playthrough team, but I guess it can work for competitive too? I dunno, I'm not really into competitive.

Mostly a playthrough team, but I guess it can work for competitive too? I dunno, I'm not really into competitive.

You don't really need to plan out for a playthrough team tho! o:

Your movesets are good for a playthrough team!! Though not for a competitive one. x)

In unrelated news, I'm gonna start another run through of ORAS and do another challenge: The One That Got Away.

It's pretty easy, but nice. Basically, you use pokemon you've always wanted to use but never really got a chance because they were too weak/too far in the game/etc.

Also, randomized a team that will probably be done in XY, since I just finished my mono Ghost type run.

You don't really need to plan out for a playthrough team tho! o:

WELL I'M DOING IT ANYWAY besides I already planned for my elite four team to be the same as my original ruby team (and it happened) so

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@@KokuraiNoSenshi,

The Garchomp and the Milotic are a bit strange to me, especially their EV spreads and natures. Would a better nature for a bulky Milotic not be a Calm or Bold nature?

The same goes for the Garchomp. It has inherent bulkiness that does not need to be complimented by EVs or Nature. Instead, I would opt to maximize its Attack and Speed. If you're going to go with Tank Chomp, don't use a Nature that reduces its special defense, and add more utility moves, such as Stealth Rock.

The Gallade should probably carry Zen Headbutt and Close Combat. They are very frail, and, as such, Drain Punch is not very useful unless paired with Substitute. I would also use Knock Off in lieu of one of the punches, depending on your team's coverage needs. Also, the EV spread is quite contrary to what Gallade is good with. Attack is a must, and I would also fortify its Speed rather than its Special Defense, since it is already decently high.

Edited by Lateon
  • Brohoof 1

Nice teams, and @MountainDrew. :3

@Lateon, The reason I got i perfectly was because of this. I was going to post all of these icons in link URL form, but the forums said that I'm using too many image URLs. So as a result, I had to take snapshots of all five of them and upload them by using this site's image uploader. Since all of the sprites were the same size (16x16, i think), they all were nicely lay out. Admittedly not all of them were perfect (see M-Lopunny sprites), but still.

----

So, I think I have an idea, guys. How would you like it all if we had some sort of friendly competition? Like, a tourney of sorts. I've also been thinking of telling the admins or whomever about this. In this tourney, we simply battle and see who will come on top. Nothing too special or fancy. And it doesn't even matter if you're casual or competitive. Anybody can join if they want.  But of course, we need to do little things like trading Friend Codes or whatnot. Still, it is an idea I've been wanting to do for a long while.

I'm thinking around July 6th or something. Call me out if I'm wrong, but it's when summer break is still ongoing. And not just that, but I also get my school break around that time, so early to mid July is when I think almost everybody is available.

What do you all think about these ideas? Let me know. Thanks for reading. :3

That would be a great idea! I'll be ready at that time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There's so much talk of competitive play here I want to make a new competitive team.

To my room to dig up my 3DS and Alpha Sapphire, awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Found it, and I've already confirmed two pokemon for my team: Mega Manectric and Flygon

Edited by Twi the Totodile