Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

I've just recently gotten into this because of my brother and my friend, who also got into it relatively recently. And so far I have only just started playing my first game(Diamond), so I am not familiar with all the pokemon yet. But so far, I think my favorite might be Gyarados.

Why? Because it just looks awesome; it is my second favorite color(blue), and my favorite when shiny(red); it is part water type, which is one of my favorite types; it is relatively powerful compared to other pokemon and yet it evolves from a useless magikarp, which I just love about it for some reason; and finally it is a very tough pokemon, which I prefer over offensive power, and that's also why some of my other favorites include Steelix, Wobbuffet, and Empoleon.

Gyarados is a good one. It's definitely in my top 10 favorite Pokemon. It was also broken as crap back in gen 1. You're play gen 4 btw just in case you didn't know.

Huh my favorite Pokémon by my favorite typings

Electric : Raichu

Dragon: Garitina

Ice : Glaceon (beauty at it's most chilling)

Psychic : Alakazam(my first ever competitive pokemon that was a psychic type, oh and love the mega, it looks as if it could wreck house)

And finally, Fire: Arcanine(Reasonably the first pokemon that I would*Don't judge me! * literally have a relationship with if it was a female and be like a brother if it was a male)

Edited by RootedWisdom

I've been a huge Pokémon fan since Red and Blue, owning and having played every edition there is and will continue to do so. I've touched the competitive scene but it hasn't kept me really; I still prefer playing other online games on PC for competition like League :D

My favorite Pokemon is Absol and I don't really have a favorite type.

I do have a pretty large knowledge about everything related to the Pokémon games :P

• Brohoof 1

Guess I'll answer these questions here :D

When did you become a fan?: I became a big fan when I received my first Pokemon game on Christmas one time. It was Pokemon Platinum! I instantly fell in love the game, but I was a silly rookie. My favourite starter was Turtwig.

What do you like most about the series?: probably the sheer variety. There are so many awesome Pokemon to choose from, and battling gym leaders and Elite Four members of all sorts is so interesting. I also like the fact that the whole aim of the game is not to just use your very strongest attack,my out have to use your brain.

Who is your favourite Pokémon?: honestly, I can never decide, there's an awful lot I like. But I'll be creating a topic soon, where I will list what my favourite Pokemon of each type is :D

Who is your favourite human character?: Brock. He's just funny. Also, I'm married to him on Tamodachi Life XD

What is your favourite game?: Y. It introduced a lot of new stuff along with X, but I like Yveltal just that little bit more than Xerneas. Xerneas is pretty damn awesome though! Closely following that is Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum. I like all of those game equally.

Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.): I've read a few manga books, but that it. I don't really watch the anime any more.

These are my real Pokemon Teams, from Y and from Alpha Sapphire.

Team 1:

Delphox, Yveltal, Salamence, Linoone, Lucario, Venusaur.

Theme: a mix of different types.

Reason for team: I chose Fennekin as my starter, after I caught Yveltal I just had to use it in battle, my Gogoat became too weak to use so I swapped it for Bagon, I love my Zigzagoon too much to let it it go, and it is surprisingly strong, Lucario is one of my favourite Pokemon, I just had to use it, and I chose Venusaur as my second starter Pokemon.

Team 2:

Sceptile, Grumpig, Flygon, Plusle, Breloom, Ludicolo.

Theme: diversity of types, unusual Pokemon.

Reason for team: I always wanted a Treecko, Grumpig was a Pokemon I had always sought after, and Spoink was just so cute, I always loved Flygon and I liked Trapinch too, I decided to keep Plusle on my team due to being different and usually a very weak Pokemon, I couldn't resist using Shroomish because it reminded me of Grumpy Cat, and as for Ludicolo I just thought it was funny :D

These are some made up, themed teams that I'd very much like to use. They probably would be good competitively, but I could always try :)

Team 1:

Empoleon, Floatzel, Kingdra, Lapras, Lanturn, Clamperl.

Theme: Water

Reason for team: Empoleon is my favourite water type starter, Floatzel is the evolved form of one of my favourite Pokemon, Buizel, I love the way Kingdra looks, and it's name and moves are awesome, Lapras is just pure epic, Lanturn is cute but also has a useful type, and Clamperl is unusual but cool.

Team 2:

Torterra, Leavanny, Breloom, Tropius, Leafeon, Roserade.

Theme: Grass

Reason for team: Torterra is my favourite grass starter, Leavanny look amazing and is surprisingly strong, Breloom is cute and good for attack, Tropius can counter a lot of super effective attacks with its type, and I generally like its design, Leafeon is just cute... Lol, and Roserade has decent stats and looks awesome.

As you've probably guessed, I'm rubbish at competitive battling.

Edited by Wolves
  • Brohoof 1

The thing I dislike about competitive Pokémon that most of the time the ugly Pokémon are best in the competitive scene and since I prefer to play with the Pokémon I like best, it can be hard to come up with a decent team :P

The thing I dislike about competitive Pokémon that most of the time the ugly Pokémon are best in the competitive scene and since I prefer to play with the Pokémon I like best, it can be hard to come up with a decent team :P

Good thing Karen told us about that. True Trainers try to win by using their favorites like my Gallade. No need to rely on just the mostly used Pokemon all the time.

Did you remember the Trainer who had a Pachirisu won a World Championship? Talk about amazing. 

• Brohoof 1

Good thing Karen told us about that. True Trainers try to win by using their favorites like my Gallade. No need to rely on just the mostly used Pokemon all the time.  

Did you remember the Trainer who had a Pachirisu won a World Championship? Talk about amazing. 

I don't follow any championships but I do remember that guy. Well, there are some Pokémon you'd think to be weak that can be really strong against certain tactics...

I mean, Sejun's Pachirisu was amazing, but don't pretend like any Pokemon can or will work competitively. The stars aligned at Worlds 2014 for Pachirisu to work, and Sejun was smart enough to know it. At that point, the meta featured an overabundance of Thundurus and physical sweepers. Pachirisu's Volt Absorb + Follow Me negates the threat from Thundurus entirely, and pumping all EVs into HP and DEF allowed Pachirisu to withstand physical threats from the likes of Kangaskhan and Mawile. Even with all of that going for it, Pachirisu was still relegated to a niche support distraction that allowed Sejun's Mega Gyarados to power up for the sweep.

Am I the only one here who still plays the old gens sometimes?

Actually me and a friend of mine do a lot of VS nuzlockes of any games we both have access to which includes all the way back to gen 1.

I really can't pick a favorite...I love Eevee and ALL of it's evolutions, Vulpix, Pikachu( :P ), CHARIZARD, Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Fennekin(but ogod I hate Fennekin's evolutions, they're ugly D: ), and Jirachi...I can't put all my favorites, but here's some ^_^

I've actually predicted the existence of some Pokemon. I predicted Leafeon name and all years before Diamond and Pearl. I Also predicted Tyrunt and Tyrantrum the day before they were leaked. I think I might be a psychic type.

With all the rodent type pokemon that we have, I wonder why there's no Hedgehog pokemon, yet. Preferrably a blue one, with a black and red shiny form.

Also, more pony Pokemon. Because reasons

With all the rodent type pokemon that we have, I wonder why there's no Hedgehog pokemon, yet. Preferrably a blue one, with a black and red shiny form.

Also, more pony Pokemon. Because reasons

Let's introduce a new Pokemon. Sonic. Totally original.

It's literally the Speed version of Shuckle, the Speed is much higher than the other stats.

Let's introduce a new Pokemon. Sonic. Totally original.

It's literally the Speed version of Shuckle, the Speed is much higher than the other stats.

and it can mega evolve with an item called "7 emeralds of chaos" and when it does it turns gold and gets even faster.

I think we're onto something!

Edited by SpikusFyre

and it can mega evolve with an item called "7 emeralds of chaos" and when it does it turns gold and gets even faster.

I think we're onto something!

It has to be a very special mega evolution though! After a set amount of turns in this mega form, it faints cause it's just weak like that for some reason

Recently, I got a Clawitzer, and, I have to say, he's really powerful.

His Special Attack is really high, and both the Defense and Special Defense are pretty good.

His ability, which is Mega Launcher, is amazing, because pulse and aura moves do 1.5x the damage.

That's a good thing because it can learn Water Pulse, Heal Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Dragon Pulse.

So, yeah, it's pretty nice.

Edited by Caleb Urn

Except heal pulse doesn't do damage. It does however get dragon pulse.

I know, Heal Pulse is meant to heal, it gets 25% more healing. It's good for double battles.

Also, I forgot to mention Dragon Pulse, yeah.

Edited by Caleb Urn

I know, Heal Pulse is meant to heal, it gets 25% more healing. It's good for double battles.

Also, I forgot to mention Dragon Pulse, yeah.

As I don't typically do double battles and I quit the competitive metagame altogether, I wasn't aware that heal pulse got boosted by that as well.