Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

As I don't typically do double battles and I quit the competitive metagame altogether, I wasn't aware that heal pulse got boosted by that as well.

Yeah, I don't really use it myself, but, still Clawitzer is pretty good.

When did you become a fan?: About when I was 6... I'm 15 now!!

What do you like most about the series?: I love the childish aspect, and how adorable the Pokemon are (or how freaking epic they are.)

Who is your favourite Pokémon?: Luxray!!! Ahhh I love Luxray so much :)

Who is your favourite human character?: Dawn ^^ if you're going with the games I'd still say the female in D/P/Pt

What is your favourite game?: Diamond and Platinum!! I started on Diamond and I love how in Platinum you can get all of the Legends from that gen :D

Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.): eh, I don't like the anime anymore, never even bothered with the manga, and the TCG stopped being relevant once I got to be around 10 aha. I can't think of anything else.

Edited by Radiobolt
  • Brohoof 2

When did you become a fan?: When I was little

What do you like most about the series?: Anything, the anime, the cards, the games etc but mostly the video games!

Who is your favourite Pokémon?: It's either between Typhlosion and Gardevoir

Who is your favourite human character?: Roxie

What is your favourite game?: Pokemon Crystal

Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.): I like collecting the cards and merch!

• Brohoof 2

I made a pokemon theory. Would it be better posted here, since this serves as a mega thread for Pokemon discussion, or given its own topic, for the theory to be discussed there, so as not to derail this thread?

Ah, I'm glad this thread exists :wub: Guess I'll fill out the questionnaire.

When did you become a fan?: Quite recently, actually--a bit over a year ago. I'm such a noob //hides//

What do you like most about the series?: I love the idea of setting off on a life-changing journey with a bunch of awesome creatures. Too bad they're not real haha

Who is your favourite Pokémon?: I can't pick just one D: Sylveon, Umbreon, Volcarona, Fennekin, Rapidash...

Who is your favourite human character?: Misty

What is your favourite game?: Pokemon X

Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.): I enjoy the anime but I keep up with the manga more. I also like hoarding cards and other merchandise.

Edited by Saccharine
  • Brohoof 1

With all the rodent type pokemon that we have, I wonder why there's no Hedgehog pokemon, yet. Preferrably a blue one, with a black and red shiny form.

Also, more pony Pokemon. Because reasons

I always thought of Sandslash as a kind of hedgehog.

Yeah, I don't really use it myself, but, still Clawitzer is pretty good.

It is but take note that it's a bit of a slow Pokemon so Trick Room, Tailwind or a Baton Pass from Ninjask/Scolipede can help make it outspeed more Pokemon. That's my advice.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 1

It is but take note that it's a bit of a slow Pokemon so Trick Room, Tailwind or a Baton Pass from Ninjask/Scolipede can help make it outspeed more Pokemon. That's my advice.

Sounds like it would be much better in double battles due to it's reliance on trick room/tailwind, seeing as those are both really common moves in most competitive double battles. Plus, like someone mentioned earlier heal pulse is boosted by Mega Launcher, so that makes it even more useful in a 2v2 situation.

Or maybe I'm wrong and I don't know anything about Pokemon battles anymore.

Sounds like it would be much better in double battles due to it's reliance on trick room/tailwind, seeing as those are both really common moves in most competitive double battles. Plus, like someone mentioned earlier heal pulse is boosted by Mega Launcher, so that makes it even more useful in a 2v2 situation.

Or maybe I'm wrong and I don't know anything about Pokemon battles anymore.

Yeah. I also think the Pokemon would do a better performance in Double Battles with all that support.

• Brohoof 1

I finally found a Pokemon Thread  :yay:

When did you become a fan?: When I was Child, playing Pokemon Crystal

What do you like most about the series?: The adventures about Ash :P

Who is your favourite Pokémon?: Lilligant pls

a0eef0ad1f.jpg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Who is your favourite human character?: Serena  :wub:

What is your favourite game?: Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Omega Ruby

Do you like anything outside the games? (i.e., anime, manga, TCG, etc.): I like the anime (except Diamond and Pearl Series) and I love TGC :3

• Brohoof 1

Omg, guys....I have, for the first time in Pokemon's 19 year history, COMPLETED THE ENTIRE NATIONAL POKEDEX! 718 pokemon!

What an exhausting task! But I did it!

*double fist pump*

Whew!

Congratulations!

tumblr_ldy711KhLD1qdleey.gif

I've never completed the national dex myself and I probably never will, but it's always super awesome hearing about other people completing it.  :pinkie:

I've always used cheats to complete the dex, it was such a bother in earlier years because there where no Pokémon distributed over Wi-Fi and you had to go somewhere to get event Pokémon which were usually either in Japan or the US or somewhere random in Europe. It has now become a lot easier but some Pokémon are still really freaking hard to get, for example those you simply cannot trade over the GTS.

I've always used cheats to complete the dex, it was such a bother in earlier years because there where no Pokémon distributed over Wi-Fi and you had to go somewhere to get event Pokémon which were usually either in Japan or the US or somewhere random in Europe. It has now become a lot easier but some Pokémon are still really freaking hard to get, for example those you simply cannot trade over the GTS.

in the newer games i believe you can get some pokemon in the friends safari however some of them are still harder to find, the games are overall very complex with this, i could still never find deerling in Pokemon X

I've never had much problem with completing the Pokédex myself. I've completed it in Black 2, X and Alpha Sapphire actually. It just takes the right games for transferring and a lot of patience to get them all without the use of cheats.

Completing the Pokédex has always been one of my favourite things to do in the series. As long as it is, it's more fun and more of a challenge than most of the post-game stuff.

I was able to complete the dex in Red version, though I'll admit to using the Mew Glitch and a modified version of that same glitch to get mew and a couple of version-specific pokemon.  Haven't finished a dex since, but I will be attempting to finish the Kalos national dex soon.

I'm just way too lazy for that stuff, it seems boring to me. Same goes for intensive breeding and shit to get a combat-ready Pokémon. Not keen on spending several hours just for one Pokémon that's good enough to use in a competitve battle. Meh.