Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

http://jacqueline-victoria.deviantart.com/art/Floatzel-Hoodie-411553870

Like this? Not up for sale but hey, still awesome~

There are some pretty awesome poke-hoodie concepts out there. I'd have loved to see more of them available for sale. I remember seeing this one way back:

29033.jpg

Now that's awesome! B)

• Brohoof 1

What I want is a nice Arcanine plush and a Chesnaught hoodie. That'd be AWESOME!

An Arcanine hoodie would be pretty sweet. Keep you toasty on cold days. :squee: I wonder though what material it'd be. Would it be furry like Arcanine or just cotton?

An Arcanine hoodie would be pretty sweet. Keep you toasty on cold days. :squee: I wonder though what material it'd be. Would it be furry like Arcanine or just cotton?

I was thinking like a regular fabric for the hoodie but then something softer for the fur sections, like the tail, back fur, etc.

I was thinking like a regular fabric for the hoodie but then something softer for the fur sections, like the tail, back fur, etc.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Definitely around the hood area for say the mane.

arcanine_cosplay_progress_by_shmazor-d4s

Something like that maybe... Ack! Where's Rarity when you need her? :confused:

• Brohoof 1

Favorite is Chikorita. And I'll just put in what I said in a previous blog.

Yeah, you all saw this one coming. Now, I never really explain why I love Chikorita. It's been a Pokemon I've actually loved since I was young. When watching the anime as a child, this would be that one Pokemon Ash had that was the most memorable to me. It's crush on Ash was just hilarious to me. I also love it's partially reptilian design being a fan of reptiles. Sadly, it gets an underrated spot seeing as it's a starter in a game that has a lot of gyms strong against grass types. Regardless, let the green leaf Pokemon shine!

I agree with you. A few weeks ago I decided to play HG/SS again and try to defeat Red. One of the Pokémon I used is Meganium, and it proves that it is fantastic at crippling a Pokémon. Mine has Light Screen, Toxic, Giga Drain and Synthesis. While it may not be the greatest set, it has still helped me beating Red for the very first time. Such an underrated Pokémon.

Another Pokemon thread AWWWFUCKYEAHBUD

Favorite Pokemon? That's easy! Well...maybe I should say there's a tie for my favorite:

attachicon.giflatios_and_latias_holdn___hands_by_chocolatecherry-d2z5kbx.jpg

This is going to be a sort-of repost from my other posts around these forums, but it essentially goes like this:

• I love the Eon Duo's designs. You can see their personalities in every piece of artwork depicting them: Latias, the more playful, happy-go-lucky Eon dragoness, and Latios, the more serious, no-nonsense "I will mess you up if you mess with my friends" Eon dragon. They can tuck in their arms to fly faster than jets, and can actually speak to their Trainers. How awesome is that?
  • They're very strong in battle. Latias has pulled through for me uncountable times through thick and thin. She can take down Mega-Rayquaza all by herself! Latios could do the exact same, too, even more safely if I put a Choice Scarf on him. Their base stats even fit their personalities - Latias is more defensive, while Latios is more offensive.
  • The bond these two share is unlike any other Pokemon, and I love any media that depicts that well. Brother and sister or in a relationship (remember, kids, the Eon Pokemon aren't unique, therefore it is possible), it always sets me *squee'ing*. Hell, they're the same color in their Mega forms because purple is what you get when you mix red and blue.

Buuut if I must decide on just one...

attachicon.giflatias___compassion_by_chibifoxie-d3gw2l2.png

Oh man, it's great to have another Latios/Latias fan. Before Gen V, both were my favourite Pokémon. Their designs are one of my favourites, they're pretty good in battling and the movie they star in is bittersweet. I'm more of a Latios person myself, though. x)

Still scouring the Internet for Floatzel merch, because one Floatzel in my PC isn't enough...

If you're looking for Pokémon merch, then I highly recommend Pokévault. It's a site where Japanese/high-quality merch is sold. I've gotten many pieces of merch from there.

I also recommend Pokébox, but that one doesn't have all that much in the ways of items. It makes sense, as all of the items are fanmade.

There are some pretty awesome poke-hoodie concepts out there. I'd have loved to see more of them available for sale. I remember seeing this one way back:

img-3584905-1-29033.jpg

Now that's awesome! B)

It looks awesome. :3 A few years ago, I myself have gotten a Mienshao hoodie. I don't wear it much, but it's still cute regardless.

IMG_0334_zpsbe6f14c7.jpg

• Brohoof 1

If you're looking for Pokémon merch, then I highly recommend Pokévault. It's a site where Japanese/high-quality merch is sold. I've gotten many pieces of merch from there.   I also recommend Pokébox, but that one doesn't have all that much in the ways of items. It makes sense, as all of the items are fanmade.
 I tried Pokévault, no Floatzel :c As for Pokébox, I can only find a resource pack for Pixelmon, some Minecraft mod.

I tried Pokévault, no Floatzel :c As for Pokébox, I can only find a resource pack for Pixelmon, some Minecraft mod.

I see. Pokébox to my knowledge can be found in Storenvy, so you can always try there. Ever considered getting any Vaporeon merch instead?

I see. Pokébox to my knowledge can be found in Storenvy, so you can always try there. Ever considered getting any Vaporeon merch instead?

I've already got a Vaporeon in my PC. Posted it above.

I'll probably just commission a Floatzel plushie later this year.

• Brohoof 1

Dude, I saw these little figurines of the Eon Duo one time when I was derping around on DA, and I WANTED THEM SO BAD

I need to go on an adventure to re-find those pictures, though. I accidentally deleted my history from my phone one day and I regretted it instantaneously.

Just like I would fite someone for a Luna plushie, I would absolutely fite someone for a Lati twin plushie.

EDIT: 37 minutes of a hard search finally rewarded me. I was about to give up, but as a last ditch effort, I re-checked my history, and there they were!

post-11300-0-62038900-1426650786_thumb.jpg

I NEED THEM SO BAD. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY'RE A THING I CAN BUY ON THE INTERNET FOR LESS THAN AN ARM OR LEG

Edited by SirOfScience

I've been playing the games since a few months after Red/Blue was released here to the United States. It's been a long ride and I've really enjoyed the "newest" games, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire a lot. I guess if I had to pick some favourites out of over 700, it'd have to be Blastoise, Scolipede, Scizor, Metagross, Mawile, Empoleon and Chesnaught.

First 150 are best pokemon.

I disagree, but that's mostly because there are 649 more to offer. If we had only 151 Pokémon, then I wouldn't have many favourites.

That is not to say I dislike the first 151, however. For one, I love how there's more realism and simplicity to their designs. Some of the Pokémon I like during that time are Arcanine, Marowak, Vaporeon and Persian.

Still, I'm not going to stop you from liking those Pokémon in particular. ;)

I disagree, but that's mostly because there are 649 more to offer. If we had only 151 Pokémon, then I wouldn't have many favourites.

That is not to say I dislike the first 151, however. For one, I love how there's more realism and simplicity to their designs. Some of the Pokémon I like during that time are Arcanine, Marowak, Vaporeon and Persian.

Still, I'm not going to stop you from liking those Pokémon in particular. ;)

yeah. Well fire red was my first pokemon. I think it's the best. Though the newer ones are good.
  • Brohoof 1

Thought I might gush about my favourite Pokémon games. x)

Black 2 and White 2 may as well be one of my all time favourite games. For me, what it does right is that it doesn't take the uninspired third version/Pokémon Grey route, which makes B2W2 more like remakes than FRLG/HGSS/ORAS/etc.. Another thing I love is the postgame. After finishing a Pokémon game, I go on with my own business, but with these games I'm constantly trying to beat the PWT and taking on the next side quest. There is so much to do compared to your typical Battle Tower.

The selection of Pokémon isn't bad either. While I prefer Kalos in terms of available Pokémon, I still loved using ones I've never used. The story isn't bad too, although the first BW have much, much better stories. B2W2 just do everything I wanted to see in a Pokémon game.

Although Platinum is fantastic as well. Mostly for nostalgia reasons, though. :P

• Brohoof 2

The reason I loved gen 5 was because the story was so rich compared to the others. For similar reasons, this is why XD and Colosseum are my favourite pokemon games, although they're not considered a part of the main games. They scrapped the gym element and just made a game about a protagonist taking out an evil organization which corrupted pokemon. They're not perfect games in that you had a really limited selection of pokemon you could use, but I really loved where Genius Sonority took the games when they only had Ruby and Saphire to work with.

I should do another run of those games when I find the time... I recently did a second run of black 2 and now most of my time is spent on a randomizer nuzlocke challenge. Exploding azurills are the worst.

• Brohoof 4

Empoleon's my favorite Pokémon by a long shot. Why? It was the first Pokémon I ever got to level 100 and it's proven to be my most reliable Pokémon in battle! When I first battled Cynthia Empoleon was able to finish off her Garchomp for the win. (They were both our last Pokémon.) And in other games it helped me out in tough battles as well. In my battle against Red she was able to take care of both Charizard, Venasaur and Lapras with it's Surf, Ice Beam and Flash Cannon. (Gotta love that STAB Flash Cannon.) Plus Empoleon's typing is still unique to this day. So many resistances (until generation 6 of course). Plus penguin is my favorite type of bird. :pinkie: 

Pokémon is my favorite game series. It keeps holding my interest today mostly because of relatable monsters and simple gameplay. It's just easy for me to pick up and play and feels natural to play. I actually enjoy it a lot more than Zelda or Fire Emblem and I feel the games age a lot better than most smartphone games. Like I don't see Pokémon going away anytime soon, since it's probably the most timeless craze ever.

Pokémon games are one of the few games I enjoy replaying and it also spawned some really fun spin offs, like Pokémon Conquest my favorite TRPG, Mystery Dungeon, Poképark an easier version of Zelda, and Puzzle League and Batlle Trozei my favorite puzzle games. Pokémon would've been a passive interest for me had it not been so simple and have such relatable characters. For instance Yu Gi Oh, Magic, and Bakugan I'm not into anymore because they're too complex for me. And even every smartphone game I played and even Minecraft were passive interests for me as well. So I think I will still be interested in Pokémon even after I die.

Oh and by the Way:

KELDEO IS BEST PONYMON(Get it!)

c273b2a3b20ad2c10d35b43dc95eda4f-d53rjep

I love his looks, story, and attack Secret Sword. :D

Oh and Movie 15 featuring Keldeo is my favorite Pokémon movie and one of my top 10 favorite films of all time because there's so much inspiration and emotion put into it.

424px-M15_poster.png

And Keldeo EX was a beast in the TCG. When paired with Blastoise, it could conquer all with Secret Sword. And it's probably my favorite card.

429px-KeldeoEXBoundariesCrossed142.jpg

I actually want to collect anything I can Keldeo related and have a Keldeo collection. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

My favorite Pokémon is tepig. He's just so adorable and when I played my first Pokémon game, Pokémon black version, he was the only starter that actually smiled at me and I took that smile personally and choose him. So give it up for TEPIG!

Also, when tepig finally reaches its final stage, Emboar, he can kick butt.

My favorite Generation was gen 5 only because I started in gen 5. My life was crazy complicated and I never really started playing videos games until much later. I loved Pokémon a lot earlier than gen 5 though.

I also really love Delphox. It's just so awesome and it was the first Pokémon I ever got to level 100. Mostly because leveling felt easier in gen 6.

I also really, really, really love fire types. They're just so awesome! There was this one time when I thought the strongest type was steel type. Then I found out that steel types could be beaten by my favorite type, which are fire types. That was an interesting day.

img-3583318-1-tk2g5hdyx8h6xkq2helc.png

Welcome to the Official Pokémon Thread!

Here you can discuss about the series in general, whether it be the latest game announcement to the anime/manga/TCG to your own headcanons or theories. Just sit back, relax and have a good time discussing topics with your fellow fans.

To start off, let's talk about your favourite Pokémon, and what makes you like it so much.

What starter did you pick in Pokémon black 2?