Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Official Pokémon Thread

Odyssey

Pokemon, o man. I used to love that show. I stopped watching it after they took Brock off that last time. I was really hoping they would add Misty back as well. Her and ashes argument where so hilarious to me and so heartbreaking to see the trio split. I still love the show, just not as much. I still have my favorite Pokemon though Lol. Please excuse me since my knowledge is rusty of most Pokemon now, I used to know all 151, then they started adding more and more and I lost count Lol. Pikachu and charizard would have to be my favorites. Pikachu because, come on who doesn't love that adorable little guy, and charizard, because his attitude with Ash was so funny. He never listened, but wouldn't hesitate to save ash when he needed it. His personality was a true 1 of a kind for me.

• Brohoof 1

What starter did you pick in Pokémon black 2?

Oshawott. Although I'm more of a Tepig person, Oshawott has proven to be a little more useful in battling.

Random questions from Twi:

If you could give one Pokemon a Mega Evo, which Pokemon would it be and why? I would give Probopass a Mega, cause let's be honest, it hasn't gotten any love since it came out 2 gens ago.

I'd love a Mega Evolution for Ninetales and Flygon. Both their base stats aren't the greatest, so as a result they need a nice boost. Not just that, but from what I've read in reviews most Pokémon get Mega Evolutions based on their popularity. Since the two I want are really popular universally, they're both the perfect choice. I kind of want Mega Ninetales more, though.

• Brohoof 1

How do you guys feel about Romhacks? I've been testing the waters, so to speak, by seeing which ones people recommend on YouTube, and I'm still not entirely sure I want to begin playing one.

My first instinct if I were to pick one up was to start with Liquid Crystal, which is, as the name suggests, a remake of Crystal which includes 'mons up through Generation III. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How do you guys feel about Romhacks? I've been testing the waters, so to speak, by seeing which ones people recommend on YouTube, and I'm still not entirely sure I want to begin playing one.

My first instinct if I were to pick one up was to start with Liquid Crystal, which is, as the name suggests, a remake of Crystal which includes 'mons up through Generation III. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I used to play a TON of Romhacks, some of the better ones I've played are the Ruby Destiny trio (Reign of Legends was my favorite of the three), Pokemon Glazed, and Pokemon Snakewood. I could look through my computer for more, but those are just the ones I remember right now.

• Brohoof 1

One pokemon I've always liked is one that doesn't actually exist. A long time ago during the time of pokemon red/blue/green, there was a rumor about a secret pokemon named Pikablu. It's a blue pikachu that was supposed to be water & electric type and evolved into raiblu, a blue raichu. Later an early picture of Marill leaked and people thought this was supposed to be pikablu.

I remember rumors of a pikared and a pikagreen as well. I wish pikablu was made into an in-game pokemon.

Edited by Seeker Dragonheart
  • Brohoof 3

One pokemon I've always liked is one that doesn't actually exist. A long time ago during the time of pokemon red/blue/green, there was a rumor about a secret pokemon named Pikablu. It's a blue pikachu that was supposed to be water & electric type and evolved into raiblu, a blue raichu. Later an early picture of Marill leaked and people thought this was supposed to be pikablu.

I remember rumors of a pikared and a pikagreen as well. I wish pikablu was made into an in-game pokemon.

I remember that. I also remember the other Pokegods, like Doomsday and Venustoise. I also remember spending hours looking for Bill's Secret Garden.

Those were the days...

• Brohoof 2

Oh man I remember that... Nidogod is best Pokemon though!

Sub discussion lol, Who is your favorite/favorites? Whats your favorite type/types? I will say I am semi biased to the Hoenn Region because of my childhood, Mightyena, Sharpedo and Roserade are all my all time favorites. I play competitively with an all dark and all grass team. but my Mixed "champion team" lol, is Sharpedo, Serperior, Gardevoir, Roserade, Hydreigon & Vespiquen or (rotates with Yanmega, Baenette & Milotic.)

• Brohoof 1

Another random thought: Say the Pokemon used their intelligence (Psychic types), technical knowledge (Electric types), and brute strength (Fighting types), to take over the humans. The Psychic and Electric types can use their knowledge to alter Pokeballs to be able to catch humans, then the fighting types can use their strength to overpower and eventually capture all of the humans. The Pokemon are going to take over one of these days 0.0

Sub discussion lol, Who is your favorite/favorites? Whats your favorite type/types? I will say I am semi biased to the Hoenn Region because of my childhood, Mightyena, Sharpedo and Roserade are all my all time favorites. I play competitively with an all dark and all grass team. but my Mixed "champion team" lol, is Sharpedo, Serperior, Gardevoir, Roserade, Hydreigon & Vespiquen or (rotates with Yanmega, Baenette & Milotic.)

Favorite type: Water

Favorite Pokemon: Floatzel/Buizel, Vaporeon, Lugia, Stoutland, Suicune, Goodra and Swampert. After Vaporeon they're not in any particular order.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite pokemon? I'm going to have to say Porygon-Z. Mostly because I like my computer and the idea of an artificial pokemon intrigues me as well as the fact that it's a severely underrated pokemon power-wise, because while it doesn't have the bulk of it's predecessor, it's an amazing special sweeper if you can baton pass it a nasty plot or agility boost.

My favorite is either Greninja, Mewtwo, Pichu, Eevee, Squirtle, or Darkrai. Most likely Pichu, but I'm still keeping my options open.

Ya know, Pokémon has been in my life since I first picked up Pokémon Silver for GBC when I was just a little lad.

My main team depends on the game I'm playing, but my starter is usually the first spot (unless some other Pokémon would be a good first choice for a certain trainer, but then my starter is in the second slot.)

I can't remember a whole lot, but my Emerald team was Blaziken. Tropius, Rayquaza, Wailord, Pichu, and some other Pokémon I can't remember right now.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite type is Dragon and Fairy, I just like using the both of them and those two types usually get the best moves.

My favorite pokemon is Mega Absol. It has a beautiful design, my favorite ability in the game, decent base stats with a monstrous 150 attack, a great utility moveset and I just love how it plays. I also like its concept as an angel of death. It also has great nicknaming opportunities. i will not deny that i nicknamed mine sephiroth

Seriously, how can you not love it?

tumblr_msg0rp9ze91s2i16to1_1280.jpg

Other favorites are Reshiram, Zoroark, Shaymin-Sky, Mawile and Ninetales.

• Brohoof 3

My favorite type would probably be dark type due to a the majority of my favorite pokemon being of that type (Pangoro, Sableye) 

A while back me and a few friends from my work decided to all get X and Y when they came out and hold our own type of tournament.  I ended up getting waaaay more invested in it than them and over the course of a month or two built up another 300 hours on the game.  When it was all over I knew more about pokemon than I ever intended to learn in my entire life :blink:

Got Omega Ruby last christmas.  Have not touched it since...For now

Overall though, favorite pokemon purely asthetically and attitude wise would be Squirtle.

Then again Chespin is pretty adorable

tumblr_n21e8y4JHl1s5h198o1_400.gif

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a Pokémon fan too, but a fairly recent one, it has at least been one year since I got interested in playing a game in the series (Pokémon Red)

My favorite types would be Water, Fire, Ground, Rock and Electric.

My favorite Pokes would be:

• Squirtle and all of his evolutions
  • Totodile and all of his evolutions
  • Golem
  • Aerodactyl
  • Arcanine
  • Dragonite
  • Exeggutor
  • Ampharos

I'm currently trying to finish Pokémon Fire Red as a Let's Play in my gaming Channel.

Unrelated, but I think I'm going to start over in White 2, despite having a few hours clocked in with nothing done. I want to play the game again for some reason even if it's outdone by X/Y and OR/AS.

Unrelated, but I think I'm going to start over in White 2, despite having a few hours clocked in with nothing done. I want to play the game again for some reason even if it's outdone by X/Y and OR/AS.

I've just started X again, even though I haven't even finished ORAS yet. I wanna see if I can get more out of it, didn't feel XY was as good story wise as Black/White, but obviously the switch to 3D gives it huge pluses, and trainer customization is just so much win! :wub:

Maybe it's because of that, but I also really can't get into Brendan's redesign, something about it puts me off... I just much preferred his Emerald look. :(

Well my fave type is fire. My fave fire type is Typhlosion hooves down.

157.png

Link: http://pldh.net/media/dreamworld/157.png

Why? Because not only is a decent special attacker, he also is a tank if trained right. He can withstand crap that would drop most fire type pretty quick. I've come close to defeating Lance in the Johto series games with Typhlosion alone. Not to mention that once I got Typhlosion up to level 80+ I almost took down Red with him alone as well. So yeah, don't flipping mess with Typhlosion or you ass is grass.

My second Fave fire type still is Blaziken.

blaziken.jpg

Link: https://justinslem4pokemon.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/blaziken.jpg