Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What is your opinion on teenagers?

MysticShine

There's way too many variations of teenagers in order to just group them into one area. I mean sure, you have your stereotypical dumbass ones who just cause havoc wherever they are and pretty much use their phones 24/7, but there's so much more. You have the shy ones, the nice ones, the jerks, the psychopaths, the funny ones, the intelligent ones, the down to earth kind, and so on. It would be pretty tough for me to just come up with one opinion for an entire developmental stage of humans.

So for me, I just say that there's a whole bunch of teens to form opinions around. Some may be good, and some could be obnoxious.

And this is coming from another teen.

• Brohoof 12

When you say teenagers an image emerges into my head:

A group of boys in their hoodies and some girls lurking  in the corners, hanging at the mall, smoking and looking so tough. I am afraid of those people and I avoid going close to those groups as much as possible.

I know all teenagers aren't like that but people like that bullied me always and that has created some sort of defence system into me. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 4

My little sister is a teenager. She's got a lot to learn, and sometimes I wish I could telepathically force all of my experiences and life lessons into her head. I don't get very scared, though, because she's very strong and adaptive, like me! :3

• Brohoof 4

I agree with @Mr. Blue, your question is too general. It's almost like asking our opinion on humans.

Well, speaking of that, this topic had an original title that I opted not to use. But then again, I am asking the question in general.

My little sister is a teenager. She's got a lot to learn, and sometimes I wish I could telepathically force all of my experiences and life lessons into her head. I don't get very scared, though, because she's very strong and adaptive, like me! :3

The problem with teenagers is they will not realize just how good they have it until their mid 20s, but of course by then it's already too late.

Would you care to elaborate? :)

• Brohoof 1

"Teenagers scare the living s*** out of me." x3

One particularly bothersome behavior exhibited by some (obviously not all) older teens is the erroneous assumption that you are either an adult or nearly an adult; a complete and competent human being.  Simply because you've managed to not-die X number of years.  That you have your world and yourself figured out; you are a thoroughly developed individual.  You've got the know-how and the tools you need to confront the outside world.  For which you've likely not been prepared in the least by a controlled scholastic environment. x3

Reality disagrees with this mindset.

A teenager who has convinced him- or herself of these things will stumble often and fall harder.  All once-teenagers will change from who they thought they were and had seemingly worked to become.  They will change countless times throughout their lives, and even the things and ideas to which they were most fervently and firmly committed may change.

The truly knowledgeable teenager is the teenager who realizes they know very little.  Their life is still just beginning.  Looking back at myself...

I was something of an intelligent idiot.  Not a very functional combo.

• Brohoof 5

Well I am a teenager but most teens especially boys I can't stand in High School because most are so loud, annoying, do dumb things and never stop. It's really only at school I have a problem with them.

• Brohoof 5

Well, speaking of that, this topic had an original title that I opted not to use. But then again, I am asking the question in general.

Would you care to elaborate? :)

It's a bit complicated!

There are just a lot of things about entering adulthood that no one really talks about, and a lot of things that can happen that are fairly bad.

There's also a lot of things that I felt people expected of me as a teenager that weren't really true. For example, everyone told me I totally needed to know what I wanted to do for the rest of my life before graduating high school. Um... I'm 25, and I still don't know exactly what I want, and it would be impossible for me to say exactly!

Just take your free time and enjoy it, learn everything you can, and be confident that you're a unique person who can contribute to the world! Having low self-esteem as a teen is the worst.

Well I am a teenager but most teens especially boys I can't stand in High School because most are so loud, annoying, do dumb things and never stop. It's really only at school I have a problem with them.

Ugh, I hated school when I was a teenager! I know what it's like to go in and feel like everyone around you is so stupid and petty.

Just focus on the things that you like (for example, interests in science, or writing, or music, or whatever!) and devote yourself to them! Relax... when you're done with school, none of the people you go to school with will matter at all.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

Ugh, I hated school when I was a teenager! I know what it's like to go in and feel like everyone around you is so stupid and petty.

Just focus on the things that you like (for example, interests in science, or writing, or music, or whatever!) and devote yourself to them! Relax... when you're done with school, none of the people you go to school with will matter at all.  :lol:

Easier said than done when my situation, currently in my final year at college, is constantly being surrounded by loud obnoxious idiots; even the teachers share my lack of tolerance about their rude beaviour. The worse part? There is nothing inside that facility at all that interests me and keeps me entertained. XD

• Brohoof 2

Easier said than done when my situation, currently in my final year at college, is constantly being surrounded by loud obnoxious idiots; even the teachers share my lack of tolerance about their rude beaviour. The worse part? There is nothing inside that facility at all that interests me and keeps me entertained. XD

Final year at college, and you're a teenager! WOW! That's awesome. :D

And you don't have to look inside the facility! College was where I found things that actually interested me in school for the first time in my life, but extracurricular groups and doing things on my own with online communities or offline meetups kept me going. I would also end up asking the professors of classes I particularly enjoyed the material on for extra reading or various related media so that I could partake in my own time.

This is all to say, I slept through or did not attend most of my lectures, at least until the classes began to get more challenging and specialized. At that point, everyone else in the class was too busy freaking out about their GPA like me to be loud and obnoxious.

• Brohoof 2

Teenagers in general? Uhh, ok.. I am a teenager so I can't completely hate them.. yet. The generations to come are what I won't like. They are getting richer and more spoiled, that's just my opinion but that's all I've seen..

• Brohoof 2

I know many people like to pronounce judgement on teenagers because they're a prominent (and not always very nice) part of our society. But everyone was a teenager once. To be honest, when I think of teenagers, nice things don't come to mind. But I think what I'm really objecting to is a certain subset of teenagers, often seen to represent the whole, who have an attitude to which I object. Namely, the belief that they have the solution to everything, and that the solution is being popular. In fact, there are many teenagers (myself included, only a few years back) who do not ascribe to that idea, and, unfortunately, the idea is still quite pervasive in fully-grown adults.

So, in essence? I guess I'll wait and judge on a case-by-case basis.

• Brohoof 2

Here's my opinion:

They're all different and unique in terms of who they are. Some follow trends, some don't, some like this and that, some hate their life while others don't, some are lucky while some aren't, and so and so.

• Brohoof 3

Teenagers are fucking hilarious. I know this from personal experience, because I am one. Or used to be, no idea if I'm still a "teenager" at 18 even if I'm legally an adult.

It's really a mixed bag, but adolescence is like one of the closest things to emotional hell you can find on this earth. It's a potent combination of many things, including ignorance, immaturity, passion, inexperience, horniness, unbreakable convictions, and a desire for meaningful action. 

I'm not bashing on idealism, but the form of idealism found in adolescence is all too often laced with harmful ideas or feelings, a lack of understanding of the world, and a lack of any ability to be realistic. 

Personally, I consider myself both an idealist and a realist. I strive for the ideal without losing sight of what's actually going on, even when it's highly unpleasant.

Lastly, I'm not above anything I just said. It all applies to me, too. I may be a legal adult now but there's no magic switch I'm able to flip to suddenly be a mature and responsible individual in every way I need to be. It's a long process, and one that I'm still struggling with.

• Brohoof 9

As a teenager myself, I am surrounded by all of the teenage stereotypes. You have no idea what's is like having to deal with these freaking apes on a daily basis. Immature, ignorant, loud, obnoxious, spoiled brats, lack of intelligence, lack of good tastes, lack of respect for other people, you name it. I have a particular hatred for my generation, and for very obvious reasons. And I don't give a damn about what they're going through both physically and mentally! *sigh*

The problem with teenagers is they will not realize just how good they have it until their mid 20s, but of course by then it's already too late.

Mate, I'm 14 and I am fully aware about how good I have it compared to other people in the world :P Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 2

As a teenager myself, I am surrounded by all of the teenage stereotypes. You have no idea what's is like having to deal with these freaking apes on a daily basis. Immature, ignorant, loud, obnoxious, spoiled brats, lack of intelligence, lack of good tastes, lack of respect for other people, you name it.

Oh trust me, I know EXACTLY what that feels like.

• Brohoof 3