Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Banner Contest V (finally!)

Nohbdy

Important note: Please read the general rules below before submitting your banner. Otherwise, it may not be accepted!

Submit your banner to Child of Hiigara (and nobody else) by Wednesday, March 25 at 11:59 PM (PDT). Voting begins immediately!

Banner contests are back! Sorry for the delay, folks. Hopefully, we'll be able to get banner contests up regularly from now on.

For those who don't know, we used to have banner contests every month. Each time, we had a different theme, usually based around a pony. The winning submission, chosen by our wonderful members, would be used as the site's banner. We'll do contests a bit differently this time.

Four weeks, four banners
In the past, the winning banner was used for a month. Now, we'll have a new banner each week. For three of those weeks, we'll be using the top three banners in the contest.

For the fourth week (not necessarily the last), we'll spice things up a bit. Three things can happen at this point: 1) the staff pick a fourth banner from the existing contest submissions, 2) we ask members to make a banner under a special theme (e.g., an international holiday or other special event), or 3) you send us a submission of your choosing (bonus points if it's episode related!).

This also means...

You can use any pony (or ponies) you want
In the past, we allowed only certain ponies to be used in each contest. For example, one month was all about Applejack. Another was about the CMC. The rationale behind this was simple: to give less popular ponies a shot at success. But that was when we had one winner. Now that we have four (three for the contest, and one for the bonus), that's much less of a problem.

Finally...

Don't hesitate to send us banners outside of contests!
Seriously, we love it when you send us banners! If you want to show off your creative talent, that fourth slot could very well be yours. Go nuts!

General rules and submission instructions

- Banners should be approximately 1000x255 pixels and saved as a .png file. More info here

- Send contest submissions to Child of Hiigara (and nobody else) via PM

- Send bonus (fourth week) submissions to all the admins in one PM. This can be done at any time during the month

- One entry per member

- All entries must adhere to the current theme, but creative liberties may be taken (to fit an airing FiM episode, for example)

- Anyone who wishes to edit an entry that has already been sent may do so, as long as the revised version is submitted by the deadline

- All entries must have the name of the forums, MLP Forums, as well as being pony-centric and related to the show in some way. That being said, feel free to be creative!

- All forum rules still apply. Any entries that do not adhere to these rules will not be accepted

- Please do not post your entries anywhere else on the forums until after the winners have been announced. Although we can understand your excitement to show others your hard work, please keep them under wraps

This month's theme: Springtime!

- Must showcase an aspect of the season spring

- Must highlight at least one pony of your choice

If you have any other questions or comments, let us know down below.

And so, without further ado, let's begin. Good luck and have fun!
  • Brohoof 20

B...but I love current one!

If next one will be worse than current one I'm gonna use IP board :okiedokielokie: xD

Don't You dare to tell them I am using it now, staff. 

• Brohoof 10

Hooray! I can hardly wait to show off what I've made.

Best of luck to everybody who is participating! :D

• Brohoof 8

i got dis

Also considering it's Spring themed, I can already see the Fluttershy banners...

SO MUCH YES!

Make it happen, people, I want Fluttershy :3

• Brohoof 8

I feel a Fluttershy banner would be most fitting for the theme. (Though, I don't remember the last time I saw a Pinkie banner. :ooh: )

Why not both? If the theme is Spring, a Pinkie Pie&Fluttershy banner could totally work too. Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 5

Why not both? If the theme is Spring, a Pinkie Pie&Fluttershy banner could totally work too.

Especially if they'd be having a picnic or something.  :catface:

Edited by CadetGrey
  • Brohoof 4

Another New banner contest? Woo! :yay:

Really looking forward to it. It's wonderful to see the creative contributions of the forum, so thumbs up to all who apply.

Good luck out there guys! ^_^

I really like the banner contests too! I just don't participate in them since my computer stinks.

• Brohoof 2

I can use images from other sources, or do I have to produce images of both the pony and the background myself? :o Sorry, I'm new here, so I'm confused xc 

You're allowed to use other sources, although just to be on the safe side it doesn't hurt to ask for permission from the artist.

• Brohoof 2

Another banner contest? Let's see you can do with a new banner on this site, then I'll check it out by Thursday. This time will be a spring theme style.

Good luck on it!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

Woo, just submitted a banner for the first time in my entire life. It's been one of those things I always mean to participate in, and this time it took me over 2 years to finally do it  >_>

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my, I like the rule change from 1 banner/month to 1 banner/week.  Very cool decision, and we'll definitely get to see a lot more neat fan art from now on in the banners, hopefully.  Can't wait to see the first batch of winners, and good luck, everypony!!!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2