Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else here ride on three wheels (have a three wheeler) ?

Looking Glass

My friend had a couple Big Red 3 wheelers back in the day. Though now, they're totally illegal to drive and impossible to insure. 4 wheelers on the other hand, totally legal.

That is to say, unless you're on a farm/your own property, you can do whatever.

My friend had a couple Big Red 3 wheelers back in the day. Though now, they're totally illegal to drive and impossible to insure. 4 wheelers on the other hand, totally legal.

That is to say, unless you're on a farm/your own property, you can do whatever.

They're not illegal to drive, nor are they to sell, (at least not in Missouri or Illinois, it may vary from state to state) the ban was for the original manufacturers (honda,Yamaha, etc.). They could no longer produce the trikes or sell them in the us, and it was a ten year ban (1988-1998). As far as insurance, I can see that.

Now, registration for road use, i dunno. I guess, check with your state about Atv tags and three wheelers.

Are they more unstable than quads? Yes, but not significantly more so. As long as you arent stupid, (ex.dont gun it at takeoff,unless you know how to wheelee) and remember to lean in turns , you should be ok.

When I was a little boy, growing up in Canada, Everyone I knew either owned a Quad or a Dirt-Bike. I was the only kid in my whole town who had one. It was pretty sick. I think it was a Honda ATC 250ES (1985). 

$_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

This is almost exactly like my old one, just much cleaner. 

They're not illegal to drive, nor are they to sell, (at least not in Missouri or Illinois, it may vary from state to state) the ban was for the original manufacturers (honda,Yamaha, etc.). They could no longer produce the trikes or sell them in the us, and it was a ten year ban (1988-1998). As far as insurance, I can see that.

Now, registration for road use, i dunno. I guess, check with your state about Atv tags and three wheelers.

Are they more unstable than quads? Yes, but not significantly more so. As long as you arent stupid, (ex.dont gun it at takeoff,unless you know how to wheelee) and remember to lean in turns , you should be ok.

I'm in Canada. They're illegal to drive on public roads or where 4 wheelers are allowed to ride. Insuring and licensing a 4 wheeler here is easy. 3 Wheeler, is impossible. So now when you do see them, they're generally on the backroads where it's rare to see a cop or on private land.

I'm in Canada. They're illegal to drive on public roads or where 4 wheelers are allowed to ride. Insuring and licensing a 4 wheeler here is easy. 3 Wheeler, is impossible. So now when you do see them, they're generally on the backroads where it's rare to see a cop or on private land.

Oh,my bad. I didn't know you were in Canada.